Sign in to follow this  
Jools

Onguene

Probably not. He''s still traumatized because of the small section of fans that booed at the end of the Sheffield Wednesday game. I hear he has been having several therapy sessions a week for PTSD, but may never fully recover.

Absolutely not, Alex said long ago nobody in other positions would be coming in until the striker situation was sorted, and with Oliveira only just confirmed, Alex saying definitely another striker "if the oppurtunity arose" blah blah, but with just 34 hours left getting another striker in will be faint, never mind thinking about Onguene, who only travelled here that weekend on a fact finding trip anyway.

="Iwan''s Big Toe"]

Probably not. He''s still traumatized because of the small section of fans that booed at the end of the Sheffield Wednesday game. I hear he has been having several therapy sessions a week for PTSD, but may never fully recover.

You can joke about it all you want. In fact, please carry on...

Doesn''t change the fact - first home game of the season - booing - disgraceful.

Oh I don''t know what you''re on about Zac - personally, if I turned up at a prospective working environment and the atmosphere was not right then I''d be signing on the dotted line like yesterday 😉

I hope we do sign him, just to give someone new to moan about.

Might give Whittaker and Martin bashers a bit more choice!

There''s plenty of choice AJ, we have a decent sized squad. Maybe there''s a reason that those two specifically are singled out by a lot of people. Just a thought.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]="Iwan''s Big Toe"]

Looking at it now though,those booing perhaps had more insight into the game than given credit. They could see what was coming,lack of investment and same dross football as last season. Look at our performances, haven''t played well since the first game.

Doesn''t change the fact - first home game of the season - booing - disgraceful.[/quote]

Doesn''t change the fact - first home game of the season - booing - disgraceful.[/quote]Yes, it''s almost as inappropriate as a standing ovation for a team that''s just been relegated.

Doesn''t change the fact - first home game of the season - booing - disgraceful.[/quote]

Looking at it now though,those booing perhaps had more insight into the game than given credit. They could see what was coming,lack of investment and same dross football as last season. Look at our performances, haven''t played well since the first game.

[quote user="NCFC198"][quote user="Fiery Zac"]="Iwan''s Big Toe"]

Looking at it now though,those booing perhaps had more insight into the game than given credit. They could see what was coming,lack of investment and same dross football as last season. Look at our performances, haven''t played well since the first game.[/quote]

Yeh right, I''m sure that''s what it was.

They''re booing the future. Well done. I suggest playing the lottery.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"][quote user="NCFC198"][quote user="Fiery Zac"]="Iwan''s Big Toe"]

Looking at it now though,those booing perhaps had more insight into the game than given credit. They could see what was coming,lack of investment and same dross football as last season. Look at our performances, haven''t played well since the first game.[/quote]

Yeh right, I''m sure that''s what it was.

They''re booing the future. Well done. I suggest playing the lottery.[/quote]

pathetic attitude, worse than those booing. blind support for dross. fans like you prob said at least the championship will be exciting. well im waiting......

"We have to go back Marty"

"Back...

"To the ''Boo''ture"

babaaaa babaaaaaa babababa babaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I don’t really get why some are so offended by the booing. It was a tedious game, maybe they just wanted to express their dissatisfaction at that. People should attend matches to be entertained.

Our general play and approach was so similar to last season, it was the frustration of this spilling over. And my point about them being correct given the next few games, if we suddenly improved maybe we could sy the booing gave them a kick in the backside. But unfortunately we have just produced three lack-lustre performances.

[quote user="NCFC198"]I don’t really get why some are so offended by the booing. It was a tedious game, maybe they just wanted to express their dissatisfaction at that. People should attend matches to be entertained.

Our general play and approach was so similar to last season, it was the frustration of this spilling over. And my point about them being correct given the next few games, if we suddenly improved maybe we could sy the booing gave them a kick in the backside. But unfortunately we have just produced three lack-lustre performances.[/quote]

....with the booing.....

So you admit the booing served no purpose....didn''t give the players the kick up the backside they needed, didn''t make the board sign a striker any quicker. All it did was shock the players (as has been reported) and give the media something to talk about painting the club in a poor light.

But as long as your voicing your frustrations....at the first home game of the season......that we didn''t lose.

Well done boo boys. Very productive.

Actually, quote from Olivera this morning: "I heard the boos and it made me think, "they must really need me" and from then on, my mind was made up!"

You can also pinpoint the moment Alex Neil mouthed the words "Get me a p*ssing striker!" up to Ed Balls when he brought Mulumbu on vs Wednesday.

[quote user="king canary"]How do you know it didn''t motivate them? They turned up three days later and beat Bristol City.[/quote]

Good point. We need to boo at the end of every match to make sure we win the next one.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]So you admit the booing served no purpose....didn''t give the players the kick up the backside they needed, didn''t make the board sign a striker any quicker. All it did was shock the players (as has been reported) and give the media something to talk about painting the club in a poor light.

But as long as your voicing your frustrations....at the first home game of the season......that we didn''t lose.

Well done boo boys. Very productive.[/quote]

You must be kidding if you think the players were affected by this negatively in future games. And as for the media, do you mean the EDP?

[quote user="NCFC198"][quote user="Fiery Zac"]So you admit the booing served no purpose....didn''t give the players the kick up the backside they needed, didn''t make the board sign a striker any quicker. All it did was shock the players (as has been reported) and give the media something to talk about painting the club in a poor light.

Well done boo boys. Very productive.[/quote]

You must be kidding if you think the players were affected by this negatively in future games. And as for the media, do you mean the EDP?[/quote]

No I don''t think it affected them negatively, I simply mentioned something reported on sky.

You must be kidding if you really think the fans were booing because they were looking into the future and seeing the poor performances to come. It was simply the act of the modern day, fickle football fan all too common across the country.

There is a time to release frustration and disappointment and I''m pleased that I''m one of the fans who knew it was most certainly not that time at the first home game of the season after a (admittedly disappointing) 0-0 draw.

I mean, the amount of whining you''ve done on here about it is probably more negative than a few people booing. I''d move on if I were you.

Looking into the crystal "boo"all again! "Boo"Les Verne presents "the time machine buh!"

[quote user="king canary"]I mean, the amount of whining you''ve done on here about it is probably more negative than a few people booing. I''d move on if I were you.[/quote]

....and yet I''ve only started the conversation once....in my thread started immediately after it happened 17 days ago.

Sorry for having a strong opinion about something, I keep mistaking this place for a message board.

I wonder how much they boo abroad.

Brazilians boo''d a lot during the Olympics.

Maybe Booing is the new cheering.