Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Ashton and..............

ok, so the search is still on to find ashtons partner upfront. And i think we have found him.

Anyone who listenend/saw the match or the highlights of the match will agree, also the post interview with Ashton kind of throws a hint at worthington.

RYAN JARVIS could well be the player to take this role, and its about time our youth players got a shout in the squad. He took his goal well and played well while he was on the pitch last night. And Ashtons comments summed it up for me, he said he was impressed with him and everything

McVeigh - came in did well at the top of the diamond, hit an injury crisis and was put unfront, still not doing bad, but didnt have such an impact upfront.

Huckerby - he can play there no doubt, but Huckerby and Ashton just dont work as a front two, huckerby pulls to far wide of ashton so they are playing too far apart, id prefer hucks on the wing anyhoo.

Thorne - too similar to Ashton really, back up for ashton was the original idea i think - have yet to really see him to be fair and comment about him

McKenzie - out injured anyway and were building up a strong partnership, didnt have a great start to the season and continued togo downhill then got injured. Still has it, and will like to see him back, but i think jarvis is the more suited player

Well theres my opinion on the matter, Jarvis should partner Ashton upfront next game.

Ashton said it himself but the thing is, will worthy take the hint?

AJ

Although the game at Luton was hardly an ideal time to judge who is best at partnering Deano upfront, Jarvis did seem to play well with him.  If they could be given a few games together and more importantly, service ON THE FLOOR, BALLS TO FEET THANKS WORTHY! then we could have a promising partnership developing.

I did think Deano/McV the best one so far, but on Tuesday McV was invisible - I liked the sharpness displayed by Jarvis, not saying it is the answer to all our prayers, but let''s face it, we might as well go with them as any other.

[quote]ok, so the search is still on to find ashtons partner upfront. And i think we have found him. Anyone who listenend/saw the match or the highlights of the match will agree, also the post interview wit...[/quote]

Is Jarvis moving to a Premiership club then ?

[quote]ok, so the search is still on to find ashtons partner upfront. And i think we have found him. Anyone who listenend/saw the match or the highlights of the match will agree, also the post interview wit...[/quote]

On what we have seen this so far Hux is the only no.

WLY works well with Ashtonin the way Beardsley did with Lineker - linking up an creatinng chances while not offering a goal threat.   This COULD be an excellent partnership in my view but the key is getting the ball to zippers feet (whether left or right) - and I fear that is likely to beyond our midfield at the moment.

Jarvis is bigger and should offer better physical support and some of WLY creativity - too soon to see whether it could work longer term but he has the attributes if he can apply himself.

Leon - on song is a proven partner who has pace and scores; suffering acute laryngitis (spelling?) at the moment (more murmours of a Jan move surfacing).  Thorne is proven at this level but I agree he is too similar 

At the moment I would still start with WLY but actively introduce Ryan more - but then I have been saying we should be introducing Ryan for two years...

OTBC 

At the moment it has to be Jarvis for me, he has scored goals at the various stages of his career and now it is time to find out if he can not only score goals at this level but form a partnership with another striker. He is young and (should be) hungry, for him the chance to be playing alongside an England U-21 striker should be all the motivation he needs. I say give him a run of 7-8 games and lets see what he can do for us. This is the perfect opportunity for him, if he is not given the chance now, I don''t think he ever will be.

Mark .Y.