Sign in to follow this  
Len

Next manager?

If Alex Neil does leave then fans ought to be hanging cloves of garlic up round Carrow Road to ward off the likes of Hodgson and Bruce.

[quote user="93vintage"]If Alex Neil does leave then fans ought to be hanging cloves of garlic up round Carrow Road to ward off the likes of Hodgson and Bruce.[/quote]

Why Bruce?

I fully agree re. Hodgson though

Bruce would never come here, he always needs a huge transfer pot wherever he goes, and he ain''t going to find that at CR.

Jokanovic (highly unlikely i know) or Bruce. Can''t believe people are suggesting Roy Hodgson! Now that would be a thoroughly depressing appointment.

Not sure why so many are anti Hodgson. Sure he was shite with England but his track record with medium/smaller clubs has been great. He got West Brom established back in the Premier League and took Fulham to a European final!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="93vintage"]If Alex Neil does leave then fans ought to be hanging cloves of garlic up round Carrow Road to ward off the likes of Hodgson and Bruce.[/quote]

Why Bruce?

I fully agree re. Hodgson though[/quote]I''m not a big fan of the sort of football he has served up in the past. That said, Hodgson is far, far worse.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Alejandra"][quote user="morty"]That Brighton manager has done okay.[/quote]Absolutely hated his style of football, but player to player signings I much prefer the signings we got under Hughton than what we are getting under Alex NeilHe made a howler with RVW but the rest, Olsson, Redmond, and the players he tried his best to sign like for instance toby alderweireld etc you could see what he was trying to do and had he pulled those players out the bag I do think it would have been a lot different, but you can''t dwell on what didn''t happen.Under Alex Neil has there even been 1 inspired signing? maybe the one guy who hasn''t played yet....... Pritchard, but time will tell if he is a hype job, or he is the real deal, because basically we wont know until he gets games in a city shirt.  I don''t even rate Klose as high as a lot of people seem to, especially now knowing forwards know they call bully himIts a funny game, football [:)][/quote]It is not a fair comparison. Hughton had Premier League money and Premier League allure for his two seasons. Neil has only had that for one. And if we are including players Hughton tried and failed to buy then we have to credit Neil with the high-value centre-half (Koulibaly?) we just missed out on this time last year, and McCormack now.[/quote]No and No.  There is a big difference between wanting a player and actually having a fee agreed for a player.  We agreed a fee to talk to Toby but he turned us down.We didn''t even get into official negotiations with Koulibaly/Mccormack as we never had bids accepted for them. Only Aston Villa had an accepted bid, so that''s why I didn''t mention those. You can''t be close to signing players if two clubs don''t even agree on a transfer fee.  We wanted them both, sure, and put bids on both, of that I have no doubt, but we weren''t even remotely close on signing those two players.  Don''t fall for media spin [:)]

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Steve Bruce.[/quote]

Bruce would be too much his own man and therefore not able to work with an unambitious board.

Left to Delia and her slapstick sense of humour I would expect the Blarneymeister to be re-appointed.

Don''t forget we are now in a post-McNasty era..............

[quote user="Big Vince"]Bruce would be too much his own man and therefore not able to work with an unambitious board.[/quote]Ah! Just like Martin O''Neill and Robert Chase you mean then Vinnie?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]Bruce would be too much his own man and therefore not able to work with an unambitious board.[/quote]Ah! Just like Martin O''Neill and Robert Chase you mean then Vinnie?[/quote]

Agreed. I never said Chase was ambitious - just far better at his job than Delia.

Probably no Canary Board in history has ever been ambitious.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]Bruce would be too much his own man and therefore not able to work with an unambitious board.[/quote]Ah! Just like Martin O''Neill and Robert Chase you mean then Vinnie?[/quote]

Agreed. I never said Chase was ambitious - just far better at his job than Delia.

Probably no Canary Board in history has ever been ambitious.[/quote]How did we rise from the 3rd Division (South) to where we are now then Vinnie?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"]Bruce would be too much his own man and therefore not able to work with an unambitious board.[/quote]Ah! Just like Martin O''Neill and Robert Chase you mean then Vinnie?[/quote]

Probably no Canary Board in history has ever been ambitious.[/quote]How did we rise from the 3rd Division (South) to where we are now then Vinnie?

[/quote]

Where we are now?

We are mid-table, old second division. Hardly a spectacular rise...................given the size and further untapped potential of the club.