Sign in to follow this  
Len

Next manager?

The consensus seems to be that Alex Neil is out of his depth and should go. So who should replace him?

Any manager who will pick the best players available to him, play those players in their right positions, and go with the right tactics for those players.

AN is clearly out of his depth, and needs replacing. Today was just shameful.

Steve Bruice available, we really could do worse then wait another three months just do it now!

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Steve Bruce

Kenny Jacket

Roy Hodgson

Just for starters...[/quote]Kenny Jackett is a good shout. Especially since he''s not in a job and would probably not cost our pennypinching board much to recruit!

It''s the manner of the defeat and head won 2 out of 5 games this season, 40% win, against some of the weaker teams in this league, off the back of a really poor season in the premiership he''s still going with the idea of two holding midfielders and one striker, not really working is it?

You can sort of see why some are getting past the point of supporting him, it dower rubbish football which isn''t scoring the goals we need!

I can understand those people who want a change of manager clamouring for Steve Bruce. He''s experienced, has history with the club and would possibly offer a safer pair of hands that the still-inexperienced Neil. I definitely want us to persevere with Neil a while longer, but if we do end up sacking Neil then Bruce would be the natural replacement.

I''m not in the AN out camp yet, but he needs to learn and learn quickly. There are some really poor decisions coming from him at the moment, particularly in terms of personnel selection.

If AN was to go, I would be OK with Bruce. I wouldn''t touch Woy with a bargepole. I don''t give a toss about his record, his brand of football is Hughton mark2 and I can''t put up with that dross again.

FTW, that''s why I have the opinion of getting rid now, with Steve Bruice there I believe he''s a very good manager with the right connections, great career in football and connection to our club, it''s almost destiny!

[quote user="Indy"]FTW, that''s why I have the opinion of getting rid now, with Steve Bruice there I believe he''s a very good manager with the right connections, great career in football and connection to our club, it''s almost destiny![/quote]Yeah, I see that. Disappointing results and/or performances in the two home games coming up could lead to the fans turning - I hope it doesn''t, but the frustration is already starting to build up. Follow today''s performance up with anything other than a win, and the tide might start to turn.

[quote user="juicy plams"]The consensus seems to be that Alex Neil is out of his depth and should go. So who should replace him?[/quote]

The lunatics on this board do not make a consensus, AN stays.

[quote user="Indy"]FTW, that''s why I have the opinion of getting rid now, with Steve Bruice there I believe he''s a very good manager with the right connections, great career in football and connection to our club, it''s almost destiny![/quote]

Its interesting because normally there is not such an obvious choice to take over. Also, as Goreham pointed out earlier, the CEO & chairman have both changed recently and AN isn''t there man, so he may come under boardroom-level pressure quicker than a manager normally would.

Also, a lot of people on here have said give Neil 10/15 games or to a certain point in time before changing - but what if Bruce has already been snapped up by then, andf the option are a lot less appealing?

Why give AN any more time? What''s he done to warrant it?

Never has a plan B to turn to.

Sticks to his formation regardless of how other teams are playing us.

Sticks by older failing players.

Doesn''t know his best 11.

Has been poor in players in thus far, doesn''t apear to have them busting a gut for him.

Keeps coming out with the same good excuses, talks really well post game failure but never really changes things up!

So why stick with a failing manager?

Time to rip off the plaster in one big swipe and get in Bruice!