Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Federico Macheda

Remember him?

This may be scraping the barrel, but just been released by Cardiff so available on a free

Not suggesting he is the answer to any problems, but he would be another option on the bench, available on the cheap?

If Cardiff feel Lafferty is an improvement on him I doubt he would go down too well here...

[quote user="Chip20"]If Cardiff feel Lafferty is an improvement on him I doubt he would go down too well here...[/quote]

The issue is, if we fail to get anybody else in we wont be much better off - 2 strikers is not enough for the season in my opinion. Macheda be terrible, but on a 1 year deal surely hes better than no one?

They must be asking for too much money. None of them are spectacular either. I wonder if they''ll end up at Hull as back up on short term deals?

I saw that Robson-Kanu was still without a club the other day, then the article said about Premeir League clubs & even Atletico Madrid were interested - has he started to believe he is better than he actually is?

[quote user="kick it off"]Bloody hell, that''s scraping the barrel to point you''re making holes in the cask. No thanks.[/quote]

Let''s face it. The Board has made a complete ***''* **** of yet another window because there is no one on the Board who is any good, or got any serious money. The current board members are not there on any merit, only because they are cronies or relations of the Stowmarket Two. And they have no merit either.

Macaheda? More like "machaedont" am I right? Eh? Eh? Eh?

Ehhhhh????

Haha

I''m a humour

Aaaaaaaaand... no.

Just, no.

Man Utd Next Big Thing, or One Shot Flop?

Definitely the latter.

Far better options out there.

Robson-Kanu an interesting one, not really sure he''d suit out style of play - I also don''t think he is really THAT good. Hasn''t done a lot at Reading, they wouldn''t have released him if he had...

The irony is Macheda seems to have a better record over the last few seasons than Hal Robson Kanu, similar goals record but Macheda has played around half the games

Unfortunately not.

We have 2 strikers. We need 1, maybe 2 if Lafferty goes to Cardiff. We aren''t going to sign Rhodes or anybody of that value. If Neil sees Jerome and Oliviera as his main 2 guys, we need somebody to below them in the pecking order - we have 3 keepers, so surely we need 3 experienced forwards minimum

So on the basis they are back ups, we aren''t going to be spending large sums of money, so it will be players on the level of Macheda/Anichibe/Robson Kanu, players who could do a job when called on without setting the world alight.

Macheda isn''t the signing we would want or hope for, it would be pretty disheartening, but sometimes we have to sign that level of player. Think Wilbraham a few years back.

Anihcibe ( have no idea if he''s really an option) could be a good call, he''s got a lot to prove. Would be delighted if he proved it with us.