Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Surely he protesteth too much

Am I alone in wondering why Alex continues to explain how much quality Nelson has.

I keep being told about the magic in his boots and that his quality is without question.

Why is he doing it?

I''m sure it''s an attempt to counter the constant criticism Oliveira is likely to get for not being McCormack or Rhodes.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Why shouldn''t he? He''s just signed the guy, there''s no harm bigging him up as some of our supporters sure as hell won''t.[/quote]

👍

I think they''re fair comments by Alex. Watched a lot of Oliveira vids online and it''s clear the man certainly has great technical ability, or ''magic in his boots''. Scoring record is mixed so far to be fair but tellingly for me he''s coming up to his best years, and did very well last season in this very league. Pretty sure if you asked Ronaldo he''d say we''ve signed a quality player - but that''s just stupid so I prefer to listen to the real experts from their bedrooms in Diss 😉

He has to back his man he''s the man that Alex has chosen out of the hundreds we have been linked with, so I like Alex hope he is up to the job.

Let''s hope he is better than the last 8 million plus he wasted.

If we had given Lambert the money AN has had we would be in the top 10 in TP

Lol @ you miserable bunch! What is he supposed to say? "To be honest we''ve bought him but he''s pretty rubbish"

Every signing he will comment positively on what he thinks they will add to the team. Some people need a reality check. We don''t have £30m to spend on strikers. Funnily enough, I thought attack was the last area villa need to improve anyway. They look well dodgy at the back even with the expensive Tommy elphick and the dodgy ritchie de laet

Jesus f**king Christ !

He ain''t gonna turn around and say. " no I bought a heap of s**t just to pi$$ off the twonks on the pinkun, secondly, I think he won''t score any goals and will be just like Naismith and worse"

Get a grip

[quote user="daly"]Let''s hope he is better than the last 8 million plus he wasted.

If we had given Lambert the money AN has had we would be in the top 10 in TP[/quote] You mean just like Villa are right now Daly?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="daly"]Let''s hope he is better than the last 8 million plus he wasted.

If we had given Lambert the money AN has had we would be in the top 10 in TP[/quote] You mean just like Villa are right now Daly?[/quote]

🔥

[quote user="Alex "]I think they''re fair comments by Alex. Watched a lot of Oliveira vids online and it''s clear the man certainly has great technical ability, or ''magic in his boots''. Scoring record is mixed so far to be fair but tellingly for me he''s coming up to his best years, and did very well last season in this very league. Pretty sure if you asked Ronaldo he''d say we''ve signed a quality player - but that''s just stupid so I prefer to listen to the real experts from their bedrooms in Diss 😉[/quote]

You watched a lot of vids on him? If that''s the sign of a great player best we sign RvW again, oh and Fotheringham while we are at it...

Nothing against Oliviera, but videos online aren''t the best test of a players quality