Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

So what do we want?

So where do we need to be focussing today?

Personally:-

Striker - just stating the obvious. Probably a loan deal

Central midfielder - we''re well stocked in the attacking options but I feel we need a viable alternative to Tettey, plus something a bit different to what we have.

Defender - Again, maybe a loan deal to provide extra cover - centre back/left back?

If we get a striker IMO we need someone with a bit of pace!

Looking like we might need another GK too!

To win the league

when do we want it

within the next 20-30 years!

Bring a Season Long Loan striker in if need be but make sure we get another one in, we need plenty of options for when its not working!

A young Centre Half that wants his place in the team, not just turning up for the sake of it no names *Cough* Bassong *cough*

How about an end to all the pant wetting? Some respite from all the random conspiracy? And end to all the guessing and ''in the know'' posturing? That would be nice, I''d pay €10m and swap Andreu for it.

Would love another high quality striker on the books permanently. History shows loans to be rather hit and miss and our loan history shows to be many failures.

Imo, we need adequate cover at left back. I personally don''t see Brady as a left back but it''s obvious AN does.

It would be a luxury to be able to bring in another center half if we could shift two out of the three of Martin, Bassong or Turner.

Likewise for our defensive midfield pair of Tettey or Mulumbu. If one goes we would need another coming in and imo an upgrade on Tettey.

Looks like we might be flapping around for another GK!If Laffs goes we''ll need 2 more strikers, a RB too if Whittaker really is seen as the next option to Pinto.

Well, we obviously need another striker. A loan would be fine - just needs to be someone capable of pushing CJ and NO.
Other than that - If Brady is leaving, we need another left back. 
Anything else is dependant on unexpected leavers (i.e if Ruddy goes we will obviously need another keeper).

A striker should be priority number one. Ideally a pacy one, but I would be delighted if Mbokani decided to return to Nelson''s county.

I agree with a Tettey type midfielder too.

I''d also be looking to get something done in defence - new Right back and centre back if possible. Whittaker not adequate even as a squad player and Pinto needs some actual competition, and Bassong/Martin don''t inspire confidence as reserve CBs so I''d want someone in.

Reality is though, we likely won''t do much, if any, business. Every year we think that this will be the year that we actually do something on deadline day because our needs are so pressing we have to, and every year we''re left disappointed lol.

Mbokani is my first choice striker, his physicality would be a huge asset in this league, allowing our midfield to push up and support. If that fails, I''d go for the complete opposite ( I can''t see any other great options similar to mbokani) and get enner valencia in on loan for a direct pace option.

Midfield is well stocked, got plenty of senior players there to cover as well as real youthful talent coming through.

Defence, I''d like to see us sign an actual defensive left back. Brady shouldn''t have to cover lb imo. Get someone who will first and foremost defend, any attacking qualities a bonus.

Goalkeeper situation is fine unless ruddy wants out, then our loan sanction of rudd looks an absolute shambles...

Outs- lafferty even if we don''t get another striker. Get rid.

Andreu, he just fits the numbers for the youth side.. no chance of getting ahead of our attacking midfield options unfortunately. Surely he has some worth for a low champs side?

Turner needs shifting, we have 4 solid cb''s for this division already in Martin bassong Bennett and klose.

[quote user="kick it off"]A striker should be priority number one. Ideally a pacy one, but I would be delighted if Mbokani decided to return to Nelson''s county.

I agree with a Tettey type midfielder too.

I''d also be looking to get something done in defence - new Right back and centre back if possible. Whittaker not adequate even as a squad player and Pinto needs some actual competition, and Bassong/Martin don''t inspire confidence as reserve CBs so I''d want someone in.

Reality is though, we likely won''t do much, if any, business. Every year we think that this will be the year that we actually do something on deadline day because our needs are so pressing we have to, and every year we''re left disappointed lol.[/quote]
Both are more than adequate at Championship level and we most certainly won''t get anyone better than them who''s willing to potentially be third choice in the champs.

We need a 3rd/4th choice striker, it will be along the lines of Macheda/Anichebe on a free who can do a job when called upon but that will be ok. Possible another on loan striker as well.

A GK if Ruddy goes, 1st or 2nd choice will be interesting but think Neil sees McGovern as no1.

A LB - Olsson injured means we are playing Brady there - possible our best wide player playing LB while playing Naismith at LM is a disaster and not working

Pray Klose doesnt leave...