Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Can't shake the feeling there is a Bradley Johnson moment in store today

The club and Neil really seem to be making it up as they go along when it comes to transfers with Ruddys possible departure being the latest example of lack of clear strategy if it happens. Why send Rudd out on loan if you are considering selling Ruddy?

Anyway my expectation is a loan striker followed by a late sale (leaving us no time to spend the cash) of Brady which along with Ruddy going will probably mean we break even for the window.

Anything better than that will be a bonus.

Nothing to say we were or are actively looking to sell Ruddy though, is there Jim? As far as I can see it''s Sunderland that have come in for John rather than us touting him around, and if his head has been turned...

I was shocked when Johnson suddenly went last season, it really came out of nowhere and despite him not pulling up trees at Derby and the sizeable fee, think it was a poor decision. Don''t think there will be a Johnson moment this year, we are still braced for Brady possibly leaving, though it''s looking like he''ll stay. Klose going would be a disaster however.

Klose and Ruddy and Olson leaving would be the end of any premiership ambitions. One of Ruddy and Olsen we might just cope with - but any of these three would seriously weaken us.

Brady leaving now would be a Johnson moment unless we simultaneously made a big signing with the money because it would leave us with a large wad of cash and no time to spend it on improving the squad. That was the main issue with the Johnson sale, not the fact he left.

We would make a tidy profit in a transfer window where our main promotion rivals are seriously flashing the cash and improving their squads.

Howson, Martin, Tettey Ruddy Olsson. Is it perm any too fro th old timers?

If Chelsea can re-sign David Luiz there''s no reason we should''nt bring back Super Bradley Johnson! [:)]

Can you imagine if we sold Brady, Ruddy and Klose in the final day without a replacement.
I think i''d start drinking with Pete.

Hogesar, pete doesn''t drink. I mean what''s the point? You only have to go to the toilet afterwards.

I had the transfer window as an opportunity to form a squad capable of automatic promotion rather than a bank balance exercise.Anyway, it seems our BJ moment will be the sale of Ruddyand I''ve a sneaky suspicion Martin might follow.Don''t forget there are no loans allowed either after the window closes so Neil needs to get this right.

Which played did you moan most about being selected last season Jim? If it''s to be a true Bradley Johnson moment that will be who leaves today...

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Hogesar, pete doesn''t drink. I mean what''s the point? You only have to go to the toilet afterwards.[/quote]
[:D]

Wouldn''t be surprised to see any of Ruddy/Martin/Brady leave.

Seeing Whittaker ahead of the queue should certainly make Russ realise his decision to reinvent himself as a CB hasn''t paid off.

However, I''m not going to sit up until 1am just to see we''ve sent Turner to Notts County on a free.

Though for entertainment value alone, I''d love to see Odemwingie''s 4x4 pull up outside Colney (thinking it was London Colney to sign for Arsenal, preferably)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Which played did you moan most about being selected last season Jim? If it''s to be a true Bradley Johnson moment that will be who leaves today...[/quote]

Just to be clear Nutty I wasn''t against selling Johnson in principle as I don''t think he would have cut the mustard in the premier league. It was just the timing of the sale and the lack opportunity to replace him that was the problem. yes we had £7m in the bank but frankly it was no good to us as we couldn''t spend it til January. Some might argue that it was od to us then as we wasted it on Naismith!

The same really goes for Ruddy and Brady. I don''t mind Ruddy going provided that we can recall Rudd. As it is, I am not sure we can and if that is the case then it smacks of poor planning again.

Ditto with Brady. I think he''s a player who we can live without and if selling him can fund a striker purchase (and perhaps another back up left back) then great. But if we sell him this afternoon with the money not being used to bring in a marquee signing then I will be hugely disappointed.

I wouldnt actually mind if Brady was to go....as long as Olsson comes back fit and stays fit.

as we saw vs Sheff Weds, Neil would probably then play Brady on the left wing, which in turn moved Hoolahan onto the right which upset the balance of the team.

with Pritchard to come back, we could cover a Brady sale?