Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Deadline day predictions

Type your answers in here, keep it simple. Ins, outs, fees.

I''ll start:

Ins:

Onguene: £3m

A premier league loan striker such as Solanke or Akpom

Outs:

Lafferty: undisclosed (nominal)

Morris: loan

Fairly low key end to it all I reckon. Don''t think we''ll get drawn into the silly money and the likes of Rhodes will be silly money.

Bassong and Lafferty to Mecca BIngo

Andreu to the Calais FC

Mulumbu to Magdalen Street Traders FC

Hopes:-

Lafferty ... out (Will somebody rid us of this troublesome footballer?)

Naismith ... out ( He trinks too much such players are useless.)

Bassong ... out (Oh to be in Fulham now that September''s here.)

Ins:- Any other creditable striker (A striker, a striker our bank balance for a striker.)

I am now doubtful that none of the three "superstars" (aka highly paid and over-rated) Close, Brady, Olsson, will be sold (All that glistens is not gold.)

Mulumbu .. out (Once more into a move for the leech my friends.)

INS:-

Of the dozens muted it''s become a case of any other creditable striker (A striker, a striker our bank balance for a striker.)

I''m not against N''Dame (sp.) as he seems the most available (I''m free.) and is somewhat decent, although I expect a few PL loanees might have become available and with interest rates so low we might as well borrow.

I know the whole business is difficult and that we do have some financial restraints but our extended search for that special striker has really been nothing to write home about.

Let''s hope Olly (not Burton) proves the bees knees for:

"I don''t want players (sic) who work physically hard. Work by thinking."

N.Oliveira (1998.)

A relative?

What a load of tripe Broadstairs!

I fully expect us to sign another striker but on loan and maybe the arrival of the young center back.

I''m feeling we may also have to beat away approaches for Klose and Brady with one or both highly likely to be sold.

I expect Bassong and Lafferty will go and for the better in my opinion.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today so I am hoping that number 29 comes up at last, that they free Deirdre Rashid and that we sign Britt Assombalonga.

I''m putting my money on number 29.

"What a load of tripe Broadstairs."

By way of personal instinct, I have an inherent distaste for grandiose rhetorical statements which don’t have any substantive dimension to them.

Having said that I do agree with you.

In....maybe a striker, someone like Bendtner or that ilk, just to make us feel good that we have Naismith  as a forward.Out...If the above happens then Laffs to go.  Thats it.As for Deadline Day prediction, i reckon it will happen on August 31st, concluding around the 11pm mark.

I''m looking forward to the post move lafferty "tell all" interview and of course the fan-club flounce that will follow

"Oh laffs! Oh my laffs! My little laffy waffy woodles! We barely knew ye! Sleep well sweet prince!"

Before we set up and officially crown the next Cody McDonald. Could it be Tony andreu? Who knows!

Outs - be careful what you wish for

Ins - I''ve got a sneaking suspicion that we''ll bring in Asamoah Gyan today...

Have we got anyone doing an early morning driveby at Conley yet? What angle is Alex Neil''s cars parked at?

AN is calmly waiting for the pant wetting to reach fever pitch. and then, whilst chaos reigns, (straight after 11 p.m) he will strike with an astute signing from Scotland (who, for some reason, haven''t had enough time to get all their transfer window in, and have theirs until 12 midnight)

Outs - Lafferty

Ins - Loan striker (Gyan?) or Mbokani, Gunnarsson from Cardiff

Could be a fair few other ins and outs though today - Bassong, Turner, Martin, Brady, Klose, Naismith, Tettey, Mulumbu, Andreu, Olsson... Literally any of those folks could go if they get the right offer, or we do.

Although it''s kind of exciting, I''ll be pleased when it''s closed, hope we get a striker in on loan but will also be keeping my fingers crossed we don''t get any horrible surprises in the outgoing department.

Here''s my everyday predictions:

The sky will continue to be blue

Highland canary will be miserable

For what it is worth.We seem to have spent at least as much as we have received (albeit, I suspect, without damaging our wage structure). Based on the equivalent position two seasons ago I doubt we have one really big-money transfer left in us, unless we sell. I will be very surprised if Brady goes, and hardly less surprised if Klose were to leave, since in either case we would need an immediate first-team starter replacement, and time is very short. Ruddy I also doubt, but I can sort of see (because we have cover there) if we needed the money to fund or part-fund another top of the range striker.If there is only one deal, in or out, it will be either a medium-fee striker purchase, or a Premier League striker on loan (and I see Wenger has actually bought a striker...). Since an incoming striker doesn''t necessarily have to be better than those we have (and so easier to attract) but can just make up the numbers, I think the chances of such a deal are very high.

[quote user="Alex "]Outs - Lafferty

Ins - Loan striker (Gyan?) or Mbokani, Gunnarsson from Cardiff

Could be a fair few other ins and outs though today - Bassong, Turner, Martin, Brady, Klose, Naismith, Tettey, Mulumbu, Andreu, Olsson... Literally any of those folks could go if they get the right offer, or we do.

Although it''s kind of exciting, I''ll be pleased when it''s closed, hope we get a striker in on loan but will also be keeping my fingers crossed we don''t get any horrible surprises in the outgoing department.[/quote]Why Gyan he failed a medical at Reading yesterday .

My guess:

Nelson Oliviera was delayed, I suspect, because that is it as far as signings go, save perhaps a disappointing make-weight on loan.

Today will be about sales/ of Bassong, Ruddy & Olson

Well, if Naismith is indeed going back to Moyes at S''land as is reported then that should free up quite a pot for a striker or a CB. I think there''ll be some interesting stuff happening today.