Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Toffolo on loan to Scunthorpe

Disappointing - wanted to see him in and around the squad this season. Guess they''re pretty confident Brady will be staying.

His contract ends next summer, so was hoping we''d see more of him this year, as it stands, I assume he''ll be free to leave unless he impresses at Scunthorpe

I agree City4eva, Brady is much better at LM than LB but unless we''re signing a new LB then AN obviously thinks between Brady and Sh1ttaker (gulp) we have enough cover for the position.

It''s only until January, so we may be bracing ourselves to lose Brady or Olsson in Jan potentially.

[quote user="The young canary"]The squad is getting more imbalanced by the second we have a lack of strikers and now left backs

Neil out[/quote] Look whos''s talking about "balance". Do you know the meaning of the word?

Nick MashiterVerified account

‏@nickmashiter

Harry Toffolo was told he''d stay at #ncfc this season but now it looks like they''re keeping Olsson and Brady he''s joined Scunthorpe on loan.

[quote user="kick it off"]Nick MashiterVerified account

‏@nickmashiter

Harry Toffolo was told he''d stay at #ncfc this season but now it looks like they''re keeping Olsson and Brady he''s joined Scunthorpe on loan.[/quote]

I don''t think anyone at the club actually thought they might keep Brady...

Fair points, I think poor Harry may indeed be missing out because of Brady''s decision to stay.

Which, is good news, in a way, as it must mean Brady isn''t going anywhere

Which is great. Except Brady is completely wasted at left back but we have no cover again...

As it stands we have limited cover in goal, left back and up front. Crazy...

He''s not good enough. Not if you want a team that can compete at the top of this league.

Does that mean even if someone came in with 20m for Brady we''d reject it? I doubt it.
Don''t think Brady has looked himself this season so far.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Whittaker. Brady. Olsson. There''s three left backs for starters.[/quote]

Whitaker as a right back is stretching it but a left back you are having a laugh

I don''t know why anyone is worried about a "lack of cover" - if some posters are considering Shittaker as adequate Left Back cover, then we''re well set, as we''ve also got CamJam, McGovern and Captain Canary who are "adequate" left back cover.

chrisr1606, transfermarkt reckons he will be back 12th Sept - not sure how reliable that is though.

[quote user="GJP"]But 5hittaker is still a better player than Toffolo.[/quote]
Dunno if he is anymore - if this season so far is anything to go by.

Olsson and Brady are more than adequate left-back options in the Championship. Toffolo wouldn''t start ahead of either. The only reason Toffolo wasn''t loaned out earlier was because no one at Norwich thought there was much chance of Brady staying until at least January, which is looking very likely at the minute.

If he was good enough, he''d at least be joining a championship side on loan. Hopefully Olsson gets back soon and we can push Brady further forward and that means we don''t have to play Naismith on the left/ he might be gone anyway.

I actually think AN in a perfect world would have Pritch on the right with Jacob as backup, Wes in the middle with Madderz as back up and Brady on the left with Josh as back up. Jerome, Olivera and "a.n. Other" as the choices up top with "A.N.Other" able to fill out wide occasionally as well.