Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

The Villa bubble

Anybody else sick to the back teeth of the horrible accented little pr1cl

Their sense of entitlement is utterly baffling, as is their unflinching belief they can buy promotion (Ask Derby how well that works). More ludicrous than both of these if their idolisation of Tony Xia who comes across as an absolute bellend.

Yes they were a big club 30 years ago, and briefly overachieved under Martin O''Neill but they were as poor a team as the Prem has ever seen last year (except Jewell''s Derby). The support they all crow about has culminated in them selling less season tickets than us this year, despite a bigger stadium and inifinitely bigger catchment (albeit a more competitive one, but only 2 localish teams are Prem, and that''s if you include Stoke which isn''t really close enough to draw many fans from Birmingham imo).

I sincerely hope this all goes bang in a big way for them, and they end up like Pompey. I didn''t think they''d go straight back up when they got relegated because of how poor their squad was, but after the summer I really hope they don''t.

I find the way Newcastle do their business infinitely less offensive than Villa, even if Ashley is an odious troll in his own right, he doesn''t broadcast it all over twitter and revel in the fans jizzing their pants because their chairman is tweeting about a signing.

What goal return would you expect for a striker who cost nearly £15m. Probably 25 goals at this level. Well they have 2 of those strikers now.

[quote user="Move Klose"]What goal return would you expect for a striker who cost nearly £15m. Probably 25 goals at this level. Well they have 2 of those strikers now.[/quote]

McCormack only 1 in 5 so far

Well if we''re expecting around 15 odd goals this season from Oliveira at £5mil, I''d therefore expect to see 45 goals from £15mil Kodija. I think that''s fair enough 😉

He ain''t worth that, but nevermind, Dr Tony has promised their fans a ''world class striker''. I can only presume Marco van Basten is joining their coaching staff because it certainly isn''t Jonathon Kodija

The only thing I''m sick of is people on this forums obsession with them! Oh and nice one from the accent, I live 15 miles away and actually think it''s pretty decent.

[quote user="Alex "]Well if we''re expecting around 15 odd goals this season from Oliveira at £5mil, I''d therefore expect to see 45 goals from £15mil Kodija. I think that''s fair enough 😉

He ain''t worth that, but nevermind, Dr Tony has promised their fans a ''world class striker''. I can only presume Marco van Basten is joining their coaching staff because it certainly isn''t Jonathon Kodija[/quote]

Yep THIS. Kodija was pretty much kept in Klose''s pocket when we played them. Hes nothing more than a reasonable Champ striker at best.

More than a whiff of Tony Fernandes about Tony Xia, and no one seems to have explained to him the concept of FFP regulations yet. That''s the bit that rankles me, I don''t begrudge anyone signing quality (fair play to Newcastle for Gayle and Ritchie), but massively hiking the market for players who probably won''t cut it in the Premiership seems insane (waves at Tony Xia)With Elphick, Chester, De Laet, Jedinak, Mccormack and Kodija they''ve made some quality signings, it''s just that they have massively overpaid in getting them in. If Kodija is worth £15million, then Jerome looks like a smash and grab raid at £1.5million.

Paris, I spent my formative years living 4 miles from where you live. If you think the accent is pretty decent, go and have your ears tested. My wife was born and bred in your area and even she can''t stand it!😮

"Horrible accented"

Think about what you are saying here, kick it off. What would you think of someone who complained in this way about the Norfolk accent? Criticising someone on the basis of their accent is simply prejudiced and ignorant, and only serves to weaken the rest of your argument. Please refrain from casual linguicism in future if you wish to be taken seriously.

McCormack playing on wing and chap from Bristol didn''t get a look in against us.. They''ll score but not 20 each, hopefully!!

Hope the price tags put them off a bit.

Villa are wasting money.. Hope it bites them in the arse

For those criticising my comments re: the accent - I grew up in Redditch until I was 13, my Mum is from Halesowen. I was born in Wolverhampton hospital and spent the first couple of years of life in Coleshill. My mum still lives in Redditch and she and her half of the family have the black country accent, which is pretty similar to Brummie, although not identical - it''s horrible. I grew up around the accent, fortunately I never picked it up though, and moving to Worcester from 13-18 and then various parts of the country since then has ensured that any linguistic remnants of my time living there are utterly erased.

According to a YouGov 2014 poll, it is widely recognised as a horrible accent, in fact, it was by far the least appealing accent in the UK, beating 2nd place Scouse accent by a comfortable margin for the worst spot. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it is just a horrible accent, and seems the nation agrees.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/12/09/accent-map2/

and for Copeman - I''m not from Norfolk but I don''t really have an accent anyway, probably as a result of living all over the place, which has always led to accusations of me being "posh" because of the way I speak. Their accent is horrible, I and many other people think so, my accent is apparently "posh" according to some, so what? it doesn''t mean anything. Even the brummies take the mick out of their own accent.

The scum say we''re all inbred, and vice versa, so what? At least the horrible accent bit is true! (whereas we all know that if we''re being honest, not all the scum fans are inbred, it''s only about 88% of them in reality)

If you''re getting annoyed by "linguicism" then I can only suggest you get out more and find something worth getting upset about, cuz this certainly ain''t it.

So you don''t like the way your wife talks? The Norfolk accent is a lot different to what I''m used to, but you don''t see me taking jibes at people on here about it. Pathetic post, we get it, you''re jealous of Villa. If you hate them that much there was a team that stuffed us 3-0 at the weekend who equally don''t like them

PaG - My missus is from Nottingham - what are you even on about? - got no problem with the East mids accent, nor most others.

Birmingham is a horrible accent, and the country agrees. Sorry you''re from near there (as am I originally), but you could always move if you''re that upset by people criticising the accent, or you could continue throwing a strop about this if you like, your choice. Maybe if you''re that upset about it, then you''re the one who should be considering jumping ship, to a club where you find the accent more to your liking.

Not jealous of Villa at all, I''d much rather have Delia and no money than Tony Xia and lots of money. Bit like the way QPR were disliked very strongly a few years ago for trying to buy the league, that''s what Villa have done, and Xia is a bigger tool than Fernandes too.

Imitating the Birmingham accent is simple enough.

Simply hit yourself in the face as hard as you can with a frying pan and, hey presto, brum!

"Hellawwww ahmm frum dooodllllaaaaaay!"

[quote user="Copeman Canary"]"Horrible accented"

Think about what you are saying here, kick it off. What would you think of someone who complained in this way about the Norfolk accent? Criticising someone on the basis of their accent is simply prejudiced and ignorant, and only serves to weaken the rest of your argument. Please refrain from casual linguicism in future if you wish to be taken seriously.[/quote]Is it just me or does "casual linguicism" make anyone else think of ***********? [^o)]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Copeman Canary"]"Horrible accented"

Think about what you are saying here, kick it off. What would you think of someone who complained in this way about the Norfolk accent? Criticising someone on the basis of their accent is simply prejudiced and ignorant, and only serves to weaken the rest of your argument. Please refrain from casual linguicism in future if you wish to be taken seriously.[/quote]Is it just me or does "casual linguicism" make anyone else think of ***********? [^o)][/quote]Cunning Linguist?

Apparently so, seeing as you''re throwing a tantrum over an accent widely recognised as being horrible, being called horrible.

Like I said before, if you''re that upset, go outside and find something more worthwhile of being angry about, like an uneven kerb or some badly laid paving.

[user="Paris aint German!"The only thing I''m sick of is people on this forums obsession with them! Oh and nice one from the accent, I live 15 miles away and actually think it''s pretty decent.

I''ve got to say that I think the Brummie, and Liverpool accents, are absolute shiiite. TBH I cringe when I hear them. Just my opinion though.

I used to live in Lichfield - They constantly took the p*** at the in breds from Norfolk - Is that different ? was just banter.

Anyway to the subject in hand - they signed McCormack to stop him signing for us or Newcastle. Once all their new signings are in he will probably rot on the bench unless he shows rapid imrovement.