Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Maybe SN sale will free up funds for Rhodes final push?

[quote user="Samwam27"]Just hoping is all I''m saying![/quote]

We have to set our sights a little higher than Jordan Rhodes if we want promotion

Set our sights higher than rhodes?? Haha

Think some are in for major disappointment if that''s the case. He''d be a dream signing right now.

Best we can hope for is a youngster or two on loan now. Unless something drastic happens, not counting on it.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Who is there higher than Rhodes that we could possibly sign?[/quote]

If that''s the case we will be a mid table team with or without him, remember he could not get boro team at the end of last season

Afraid Sky said very unlikely Rhodes will be leaving so would have to be an offer they cant refuse , does that sound likely from Norwich ? we would offer something like £5 million .

In fact if hes going anywhere it looks like Sheff Weds . Price has dropped right down to 2/1 with him staying at Boro out from 1/4 to 8/11 . Norwich are 9/1.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Why do folk think Rhodes is for sale?.....[/quote]Northern Echo reported Adomah and Rhodes would be leaving .

Sell Ruddy & Naismith for the rumoured 10mil to Sunderland, gives us a potential 15mil or so to play with*

*10mil plus McCormack fee minus Oliviera fee. Over simplifying things maybe, but we can hope

They''ve said repeatedly Rhodes isn''t going anywhere, usually that means exactly that.

Sheff Wed nab Rhodes, Assomabalonga signs new Forest contract today, Mbokani goes to Hull.

And we get some some unknown kid from Watford. Real ambition from NCFC.

Hoped the MC £10m+ bid was a real statement of intent from Norwich. Yes we''ve got Nelson, but thats hardly a proven strikeforce as AN was saying he wanted at start of the window!

Especially with our parachute payments, and sale of Redmond.

FFS we''re now touted as buying a 16 year old striker from Livingston!!!!!!!

If Wednesday get Rhodes, Newcastle get Gayle and Villa McCormack and we sign a kid from Livingstone then the clappers must surely stop clapping and ask the same hard questions of the board which the rest of us are asking.

I''d like to ask some serious questions of the Board, if we were willing to pay £10m+ for MC, wtf didn''t we follow that up with some of the other strikers e.g. Assombalonga, Griggs, Wells, Rhodes etc.

At least if we''d tried and failed it would feel better. We literally have been linked with about everyone on the planet so hard to know who we were after!

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Clappers criticise the board? You are joking right?[/quote]But clappers do get jokes Crafty, something you crappers seem to struggle with.....

[quote]  user="Dean Coney''s boots"]I have long suspected we only chase targets for huge sums to make it look like we are ambitious- the reality is always very different[/quote]Is this one of the hard questions you want to ask the board?

lappinitup wrote the following post at 31/08/2016 3:12 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Clappers criticise the board? You are joking right?

But clappers do get jokes Crafty, something you crappers seem to struggle with.....

Oh I got the joke as you call it alright but don''t think ignorance is funny or something to celebrate. It says something about our modern society that people like Jade Goody could become a celebrity for being ignorant. Mind you I can see why it would appeal to you.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Oh I got the joke as you call it alright but don''t think ignorance is funny or something to celebrate. It says something about our modern society that people like Jade Goody could become a celebrity for being ignorant. Mind you I can see why it would appeal to you.[/quote]Who is Jade Goody?

Assuming your question is a genuine one then the following is from Wikipedia:

When Goody appeared on Big Brother 3, she was ridiculed by the British tabloid press for her lack of general knowledge.[18] She thought the English city of Cambridge was in London;[19] when told that it was in East Anglia, she assumed East Anglia was outside Britain and referred to it as "East Angula".[20] Goody thought that Rio de Janeiro was a person, not a city; that Portugal was part of Spain; that St George''s Cross was the flag of London, not England; that Aberdeen was not in Scotland, and that the United States was not an English-speaking country.[20] She was also criticised by the tabloid press during her time in the Big Brother house for backstabbing and an evening when she cavorted drunk and naked.[21] Goody avoided eviction by not being subject to public vote until week six; by then she was popular with a substantial segment of the media and the public, and remained in the house until the final week (finishing fourth). She provided what was thought to be the first instance of sexual contact in Big Brother UK history, drunkenly groping fellow housemate PJ (although it was unclear what sexual acts, if any, took place).[22]

She died from cervical cancer in 2009 having become a celebrity.

You certainly can which is why I never watch dross like Big Brother, X Factor, Britain''s Got Talent, I''m A Celebrity etc etc. If you read newspapers and/or news channels you could not have missed who Jade Goody was as they ridiculed her ignorance. Mind you the great unwashed soon gave her celebrity status!