Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Where is the Strategy?

Surely it ought to be obvious to the Board that the problem areas in recent seasons have been at the back and up front?

So from a strategic point of view surely the members of the Board ought to be focusing on strengthening those areas?

But what happened? We went into an EPL season last year with the same defenders who had been relegated before and were clearly not up to EPL standard. Watford tightened their defence and stayed up. We didn''t and went down.

So now we find ourselves back in the Championship with Jerome out of sorts and having sold Grabban and Hooper without any replacements coming in. So what does the Board do? They go and spend £10.5 million on the area of the pitch that needs bolstering the least (Pritchard & Canos).

So having wasted all that money, most of it as a jerk-knee reaction to losing out on the boy McCormack, we presumably have no money for a striker unless the boy Brady is sold, but if he falls over instead of scoring, as he did on Saturday, who''s going to pay £20 million for that?

The Board''s strategy appears to be to accumulate midfielders ad infinitum. Since the start of the summer window 2015 they have recruited Mulumbu, Dorrans, Jarvis, Brady, Maddison, Godfrey, Pritchard, Canos and they joined the Murphys, Howson, Tettey, Hoolahan, McGrandles (now departed). Many of these players careers are going to be destroyed by the Canary Board because there is no way most of them are going to play.

The answer is for the Board to go.

You know in the old days (pre digital tuning), when you moved a tuner between stations? you got a noise along the lines of "qwaaaa-qwkkkk-whhhhh-qwarrrrrrr"...

That''s exactly the same noise I hear when I read your messages.Perhaps with an undertone of someone banging on a bin.

And be replaced by who Vince?The legions of investors desperate to inject money into the club who are repeatedly being turned away I assume?You still haven''t said how these investors would get a return on the money they put in!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]And be replaced by who Vince?The legions of investors desperate to inject money into the club who are repeatedly being turned away I assume?You still haven''t said how these investors would get a return on the money they put in![/quote]

They would get the same return as all the following do: David Gold, David Sullivan, Peter Coates, Huw Jenkins, Jeremy Peace, Steve Parish, the Liebherr family.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Old Shuck"]And be replaced by who Vince?

The legions of investors desperate to inject money into the club who are repeatedly being turned away I assume?

You still haven''t said how these investors would get a return on the money they put in!
[/quote] They would get the same return as all the following do: David Gold, David Sullivan, Peter Coates, Huw Jenkins, Jeremy Peace, Steve Parish, the Liebherr family.[/quote]

I''d be interested to know how much Marcus Evans actually takes out in interest on his loans to 1p5wich, I''m sure you can answer that one BV ?

Wouldn''t it be lovely if we could pool our collective intelligence and let Big Wince''s next troll-fail sink to the bottom of the board without a single bite?

But surely, Vince, you''re expecting them to put money in as a gift rather than an investment? If you learnt that either Delia or Michael had bought as much as a 1st class stamp for their own personal use out of club profits you''d fly into a self righteous rage so presumably you''d espect the same ''arrangement'' from anyone else who put money into the club?Lots in, nothing out.

Can i just ask you this Big Vince, when did the board start doing the hiring and firing of players as i thought that was down to the manager and CEO to deal with ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Can i just ask you this Big Vince, when did the board start doing the hiring and firing of players as i thought that was down to the manager and CEO to deal with ?[/quote]

Ah, but now you have fallen into the trap that Delia and Wynnie want you to fall into, which is that everything that goes wrong at the club is always down to anyone except Delia and Wynnie. Goatscaping. The manager becomes the goatscape, or the CEO becomes the goatscape, or the chairman becomes a goatscape, or a combination of these three. It is never the fault of the teflon-coated Stowmarket Two.

Perhaps the reason Bowkett and McNasty resigned was that they were no longer prepared to be human shields for Delia and Wynnie? Look what happened after The Valley 2009. Who lost their jobs? Not Wynnie and Delia. They were nowhere to be seen, yet they were fully culpable.

Listen, Delia and Wynnie have the final say on transfers. Don''t kid yourself otherwise. Do you think the boy Moxey can go out and splash £20 million without consulting them?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]But surely, Vince, you''re expecting them to put money in as a gift rather than an investment? If you learnt that either Delia or Michael had bought as much as a 1st class stamp for their own personal use out of club profits you''d fly into a self righteous rage so presumably you''d espect the same ''arrangement'' from anyone else who put money into the club?Lots in, nothing out. [/quote]

Yes, we are looking for a benefactor not an investor. Southampton Football Club have got large loans outstanding to Katharina Liebherr so she could call in those loans and they would be up the swanny.

We want a large benefactor with £3 billion who wants to undertake a vanity project because whatever she spends makes no dent in her vast fortune. She doesn''t need to get anything back.

Of course, we should publish our strategy in public to prove there is one, and accept this might affect us given it is commercially sensitive information.

At this point, we can demand the board be sacked for revealing our strategy.

You tools.

[quote user="Buh"]Where are you big Vincent you massive, massive coward?[/quote]

Okay then, Big Vince is here....................

If you want a fight let''s bring it on................

Vince will take on all comers.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Of course, we should publish our strategy in public to prove there is one, and accept this might affect us given it is commercially sensitive information.

At this point, we can demand the board be sacked for revealing our strategy.

You tools.[/quote]

A strategy is something you do, not say or write.

Vince is only interested in walkers walking not talkers talking.

Vince, shouldn''t you be drying your eyes somewhere.

Hope you have the Prozac ready for when we win on Sunday

[quote user="Buh"]Vince, shouldn''t you be drying your eyes somewhere.

Hope you have the Prozac ready for when we win on Sunday[/quote]

Yes, especially as one of our owners is a true blue.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Yes, especially as one of our owners is a true blue.[/quote]Now, this I must hear. Explain yourself Vinny.