Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

Chris Martin available

I said a few weeks ago we should go get him, he is now available according to sources.

A perfect fit in my book

Been pretty poor for a while now probably why they want him gone . We are supposedly after a youngster from Livingstone now who Man Utd are also after :-) theres plenty of gems in those Scottish leagues.

Very similar to Olivera but wouldn''t say no at this stage especially for a decent price. Hopefully he''d not remember the way to the same bars again.

CanaryOne wrote; Been pretty poor for a while now probably why they want him gone . We are supposedly after a youngster from Livingstone now who Man Utd are also after :-) theres plenty of gems in those Scottish leagues.

Brings back memories of a certain Wes Hoolahan.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Wasn''t good enough for the prem the first time, Derby don''t think he is now, why would you think he''ll get us back to the prem? Unless you want to be championship club[/quote].

Last time I looked we were in the championship and Derby have bought in vydra and Wilson who IMO are not better than Martin.

I watched Derby a lot last year and he stood out most games, this season under new manager Bent was preferred unbelievably for the first few games.

He scores goals in this league which I thought is what everyone wanted

The question is do you want to stay in the Championship? If he was that great for Derby last year why are they getting shot of him? Or do you have better knowledge of football than all the coaches at Derby

I say go for it.

Then go make Rochdale an offer for Hendo too.

How much do you reckon Lowestoft would accept for the Jarvis brothers?

I say let''s reunite the lot of ''em.

DDD, I guess we get him in as competition and use Jerome as main striker. Derby want to add players elsewhere and feel they prefer Wilson and Vydra/ are more cost effective to their plans.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]The question is do you want to stay in the Championship? If he was that great for Derby last year why are they getting shot of him? Or do you have better knowledge of football than all the coaches at Derby[/quote]

I would like to get promoted but you have to have a squad to get there first, maybe you can come up with a better striker who is available.

As I said Derby have signed strikes who they think a re better, doesn''t mean they are though.

I see wolves are talking of a 10 million bid for Martin so I am not the only one who thinks he can do a job

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]No club with Chris Martin leading the attack are getting promoted to the premier league[/quote]

If you say so, but you didn''t answer my question, who would you rather have that is better and available

1 in 2-2.5 for the last 3 seasons in the Championship. Anyone other than Chris Martin and everyone would be licking their lips at such a signing.

Rhodes/McCormack similarly not fancied in the Prem, but we''re not in the Prem. These were the top names we were after for scoring 20 goals this season. Martin is not a bad alternative.

Childish to liken him to the likes of Ian Henderson and the Jarvis brothers.

Don''t really get the obsession with Chris Martin, don''t rate him that much but then again I''ve not seen him play too many times for Derby, but on the occasions which I have, he''s not stood out that much imo. He does have a fairly good scoring record in this league, I would like to think we could do better, but I have my doubts still.

Jim Moriarty - wasn''t likening him to them. Just don''t understand this obsession some have with our former players.

Saw him boss our defence at their ground a couple of years ago on a day where Jordan Ibe showed up Whittaker so bad only for Whitts to grab a late equaliser!

FWIW he''s not my number 1 shout but if we''re getting Sinclair as the pacy, direct option, I''d love Martin back. He can lead the line, score goals or play as the support to either of the Jeromes. He was instrumental in our promotion under Lambert and is a more complete player now.

It''s a yes from me.

[quote user="mrdi"]Jim Moriarty - wasn''t likening him to them. Just don''t understand this obsession some have with our former players.[/quote]

I don''t have an obsession with former players but as I said I saw him a few times for derby last season and he impressed me each time and his scoring record speaks for itself ,

Who would you rather have

Its not an obsession - he has been a consistent goalscorer in this league for the last few years. Given the situation we are in, we should be looking at him/Rhodes/McCormack

Would like to see him here, but 10mil seems a bit steep - however its the state of the market at the minute. If we dont want to pay it he will end up at one of our rivals

I really can''t see him and Neil getting on. If we persist with the one up front tactics, Martin would never start and would soon go into sulk mode.

Looking down the board there''s this thread and another on Crouch. Some even entertaining the prospect of Grabban.

If they hadn''t been ex-employees of the club, would anyone mention them?

It doesn''t matter who I''d rather have. I might do a little air-punch at midnight when the presser comes out with the familiar ''we''ll go with what we''ve got'' line...

I''d have him back if the price is right. Excellent player at this level.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]I really can''t see him and Neil getting on. If we persist with the one up front tactics, Martin would never start and would soon go into sulk mode.[/quote]

Don''t agree personally, his hold up play is excellent and would bring the midfielders into play better than Jerome for example. Would love to see him back here.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]I really can''t see him and Neil getting on. If we persist with the one up front tactics, Martin would never start and would soon go into sulk mode.[/quote]

Don''t agree personally, his hold up play is excellent and would bring the midfielders into play better than Jerome for example. Would love to see him back here.[/quote]I think he''s a great natural finisher, but always struck me as a bit lazy.

I agree he was a bit like that for us previously. But having seen him for Derby, he really became a lot stronger and seemed to have matured significantly. I think he''d be a great option for us, can''t see it happening though.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]I really can''t see him and Neil getting on. If we persist with the one up front tactics, Martin would never start and would soon go into sulk mode.[/quote]

Don''t agree personally, his hold up play is excellent and would bring the midfielders into play better than Jerome for example. Would love to see him back here.[/quote]

Didn''t he mainly play upfront on his own for Derby?

Its astonishing. We have an ex NCFC player who''s improved, can hold the line as a single striker, and scores for fun in this league, and people wouldn''t want him.

Compared to a teenager with 3 games under his belt, I know who''d I''d hire. It''s a long f*cking season, and the plan was to get out of this division at first attempt. It''s harding looking likely now with this strikeforce!!

Just wish the Naysmith deal is being done to get someone else in

ref Martin always said he is like a Teddy sheringham Striker will get better with age does not rely on pace

would have been a good signing