Sign in to follow this  
?

Jerome Sinclair

An upgrade on Morris maybe... but a long way short of the sort of fire power we had the last time we got out of this division. We desperately need a 15-20 goal a season striker. Best cross fingers that the other Jerome re discovers his scoring touch

[quote]  user="Dean Coney''s boots"]An upgrade on Morris maybe... but a long way short of the sort of fire power we had the last time we got out of this division. We desperately need a 15-20 goal a season striker. Best cross fingers that the other Jerome re discovers his scoring touch[/quote]

The last time we got promoted we had one player who score more than 15 goals and we''ve still got him.

Been a shambles , Alex Neil better hope results are good because people wont have much sympathy for him after this , be gone  in about six weeks time .

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote]  user="Dean Coney''s boots"]An upgrade on Morris maybe... but a long way short of the sort of fire power we had the last time we got out of this division. We desperately need a 15-20 goal a season striker. Best cross fingers that the other Jerome re discovers his scoring touch[/quote]

The last time we got promoted we had one player who score more than 15 goals and we''ve still got him.

[/quote]

Thats true. But we also had 2 strikers who scored 12 each - thats 3 strikers with 44 goals between them.

As its stands we don''t even have 3 strikers, let alone ones with the quality to hit a minimum 12 goals

Depending on who else comes in, this seems like a bit of a desperate move.

He''s not in the squad to be No 1. He''s got plenty of potential, and looks to be an upgrade on Morris (who has already made the matchday squad this season). Potential being the key word here.

At the moment we have Jerome and Oliveira, both could be great in this League, and as we only play one up top.....

Also, the window hasn''t shut yet.

Wait a second

Cameron Jerome

JEROME Sinclair!????

I smell a canary call classic!

This is pretty much a done deal according to a load of sky representatives on twitter. It''s understood that a 6 month loan deal will be announced by 6 o''clock. We can only hope that this means we''ll be getting someone else if Lafferty and Naismith leaves.

Doesn''t make any sense to me this deal. Surely we can do better than an unknown talent!

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]This is pretty much a done deal according to a load of sky representatives on twitter. It''s understood that a 6 month loan deal will be announced by 6 o''clock. We can only hope that this means we''ll be getting someone else if Lafferty and Naismith leaves.[/quote]I would feckin well hope so otherwise this forum will go into meltdown.

So....this is where we are at. A lad with three whole games under his belt in his caeeer. Bound to fire us back into the Premier League. Or, is the plan to cut the budget to fit the Championship for a few seasons? Certainly feels that way.

Cut the budget by retaining most of the squad from last season? Or by getting in a young lad for 6 months?

Club is in crisis.

We''ve gone from having £10m+ bids rejected for a guy who''s scored 20+ goals in four out of five seasons, and ended up with a guy who''s played 3 games in his professional career.

This shows the Board has yet again completely failed in interstellar fashion this time round!.

Better hope Jerome scores, doesn''t get injured and our midfield score a shed load. We''ve still no idea how or where OLive might play (unless it''s the usual last 20 mins of each game!)

Don''t give a sh*t about being a pants wetter. Of all the xfer windows this shows the least ambition of all. We needed 2 proven goalscorers. Even AN stated that. What have we got!

#

What a disaster!!!

I just don''t see how this would be a good deal for us either, lets say he''s futtin amazballs and scores 15 goals for us and wins 3 or 4 player of the month, Watford take him back for nothing and we spend the final half of the season back at square one.

I see most fans are finally realising the penny is dropping now that there is just 6 hours left. Ive never been a pant wetter, just a realist based on Citys history in the last couple of years. I said end of May i would expect City not to find the strikers we so urgently need for this season, ive  seen a month by month, week by week, day by day postings of "oh its fine we have x amount of time left". Well, here we are, times about up and we have Nelson (credit to the club for at leasr getting him in)  and a 19 year old for a few months loan who has 3 or 4 games under his belt.Another thing to bear in mind, if both Laffs and Naismith leave, we will be even weaker than before, at anytime   since end of last season. In effect, we will have decreased and weakened our already poor, weak strike force rather than strengthen it, only City could achieve this.As for those "still" pinning hopes on a proven scorer like Rhodes, or a semi big name like Valencia, forget it, aint going to happen. Nelson is sole result of months of striker hunting,  Sinclair will go back to Watford in a few months. Fans can start to ready their pens and write their opinions and debates on Citys awesome, amazing ability....to bring in 1 guy from a list of 100s, after 3 months of hunting.

If it''s off, that must be because we are getting somebody else - Rhodes - in.

Surely? Please?

Or have we really been turned down by a complete unknown?

thank god the board is keeping someone up to datethe rest of us are having to wait to be told what is, or is not, happeningand some of us are daft enough to think that much of these transfers are in the way of being a chainie until we sell suhj and such, we can''t buy such and suchbut at least there is someone totally in the knowso well done you

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]If it''s off, that must be because we are getting somebody else - Rhodes - in.

Surely? Please?

Or have we really been turned down by a complete unknown?[/quote]

If only it was Rhodes. But if it was surely we''d know whether a bid has a) been placed and b) been accepted. As much as I''d love this I doubt either have happened

[quote user="City1st"]thank god the board is keeping someone up to datethe rest of us are having to wait to be told what is, or is not, happeningand some of us are daft enough to think that much of these transfers are in the way of being a chainie until we sell suhj and such, we can''t buy such and suchbut at least there is someone totally in the knowso well done you[/quote]

Ok ill bite

So dear chap or chappess,

It appears you are happy with are policy , could you tell me your in and outs ? Or wanted ins and outs ?

Or are you just happy making derogatory comments to people and up you post count ?

I know i am