Sign in to follow this  
?

Jerome Sinclair

Watford striker signed from Liverpool at the beginning of the window being reported as a loan target for us? Never heard of him.

He''s 20 and has played virtually no league games. What message would send to Carlton Morris following the substitution of Lafferty by Mulumbu when we were 4-1 up against Coventry in the EFL Cup with Morris on the bench?

Has played a total of 3 first team games. Two for Liverpool and one on loan at Wigan! Here''s another one for the bingo card, scraping the barrel now!

Interesting one seeing as he''s never been out on loan anywhere really. Watford agreed 4mill compensation for him so they must rate him. Only 19 and 6 foot. Makes you wonder where Carlton Morris fits in the picture though.

I''m sure some on here will be unhappy, but I''m going to give the lad a chance.

Would be an odd one, Watford paid £4m for him so he must have potential

The kid is a serious talent. Liverpool wanted to keep him on but he turned down various contract offers (similar to Canos in that respect).

If we manage to shift Naismith and Lafferty and end up with a strike-force of Jerome, Oliveira, Sinclair and +1 other (ideally a permanent, proven striker of the Rhodes ilk) I''ll be very happy indeed.

[quote user="Minster Canary"]The kid is a serious talent. Liverpool wanted to keep him on but he turned down various contract offers (similar to Canos in that respect).

If we manage to shift Naismith and Lafferty and end up with a strike-force of Jerome, Oliveira, Sinclair and +1 other (ideally a permanent, proven striker of the Rhodes ilk) I''ll be very happy indeed.[/quote]

Oh yea Minster, I remember the fuss about him now. You''re right Liverpool wanted him to stay but he felt he''d been overlooked. Perhaps I was a bit hasty, but it is only a loan!

would hope that we would add a little more experience than that to the striker line up to be honest.

However he clearly has some talent and could be a great unearthed gem for us as a pacy option.

would make morris'' position in the squad very clear tho

Good shout on being a replacement for Laff''s, if so, then would be happy with that as long as we still bring in someone else.

Saying that, if we fail to bring in anyone else it''s still better than our current position...

Oliveira would be an upgrade on Lafferty - no doubt.

Whilst Sinclair is a different player to Naismith, it''s difficult to see how he wouldn''t be a better fit for us based purely on Naismith''s performances for us so far.

An interesting 12 hours to ensue.

It''s not like he''d be first choice unless he was exceptional so no complaints from me - he turned down a permanent to Bournemouth last season, and also Watford before eventually signing for them. Several clubs in for him though. And I only expect a loan striker signing now, but just my opinion - another permanent I can''t see myself, think you''re getting your hopes a little high thinking otherwise, but would be delighted to be wrong 👍

if we sign sinclair that means the 3 strikers have scored approx 139 goals in 630

thats one every 4.5 games if they all played !!!

we needed a goal scorer this window !! massive gamble !

Just watched a 4 min You Tube video of Jerome Sinclair in 2015. Awful! Seems like a montage of all that can go wrong in a game; poor control, out-jumped for headers, misplaced passes - Carlton Morris looks far more composed than this lad...

so we have

Jerome Ok in this division and score goals

Nelson not a great scoring record 30 in 170 odd games

and looking to get this boy in 0 goals in 3 games

this must be the worst scoring strikers we have ever had !

Jerome Sinclair would be such an underwhelming signing.

We need someone who will score 15 goals this season, and its a complete unknown whether he is capable of that or not.

If we''re close to shipping out Naysmith, we''d go into next 4 months with Jerome, Nelson, and two teenagers.

Underwhelming and stupid is an overstatement!

Unless you''ve seen him play or have a tome machine, how can you say how this lad will get on?

Amazing the number of fans that think they know all about a potential signing with absolute no evidence to back it up.

He''s 19 so of course it''s likely he hasn''t played a lot. I''m sure Watford wouldn''t have paid 4 million if their scouts didn''t see anything in him. A potentially good young player has to kick-start their career somewhere and maybe it''ll be with us.

And how much game time do you think he''d get with us Han. He''d be behind Jerome & Olive.

Gem or not, like many other strikers I doubt we see much of him!

He might be useful and a very good prospect but I cannot for the life of me work out why this would be a good move by us.

It''s the loan factor really. He would probably be considered a decent purchase for the future.

Surely our thinking should be that if he''s not ready for Watford he''s not good enough for us. We are supposed to be a club aiming for promotion not a club acting as a development ground for moderate Premier League clubs.

How the "mighty" are falling.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]He might be useful and a very good prospect but I cannot for the life of me work out why this would be a good move by us.

It''s the loan factor really. He would probably be considered a decent purchase for the future.

Surely our thinking should be that if he''s not ready for Watford he''s not good enough for us. We are supposed to be a club aiming for promotion not a club acting as a development ground for moderate Premier League clubs.

How the "mighty" are falling.[/quote]
That''s some pretty warped logic.

[quote user="Samwam27"]And how much game time do you think he''d get with us Han. He''d be behind Jerome & Olive.

Gem or not, like many other strikers I doubt we see much of him![/quote]

So therefore if he can''t get ahead of Jerome or Oliveira because one is keeping the other out then it won''t matter who we sign as 3rd choice anyway!