Sign in to follow this  
L M

Question for Norwich fans

hello Norwich fans,

i come in peace, please do not slate me. first off, im not a Norwich fan, im a Liverpool fan.

just have a question for you, but firstly- you are currently 15th in the league, and a massive 20/1 with william hill to finish top.

i was just going to ask, where do you think you will finish in the league, and is that price too generous that will hills are offerring?

i was thinking of doing a 5 or 10 pound each-way flutter, as im confident that you can finish in the top 3, judging by last season''s form, and the players you still have- Green, Doherty, Ashton, Huckerby, etc, etc.

but, i just want to get an overall general opinion of the fans on this board.

thank you.

[quote]hello Norwich fans, i come in peace, please do not slate me. first off, im not a Norwich fan, im a Liverpool fan. just have a question for you, but firstly- you are currently 15th in the league, an...[/quote]

Hi LM & welcome.

A quick flick through the messages and I think you will quickly appreciate, hmm as Jimmy Tarbuck used to say, a big difference of opinion.

In the right corner we have the keep the faithers who think we will get promoted, so probably feel 20-1 is a reasonable bet.  In the right corner are the worthy out brigade who think that you may as well put some money in a sandwich and eat it.  That way you will get some return, evenif it is when you go to the loo.

The truth is with a run, and IMO, with a change of manager, we could get promoted but the manager is unlikely to be pushed and wont walk.   With worthy in place we will be nearer the play offs than relegation, with any promotion likely to be a west ham type lastminute.com effort.

Save you money - or put it on Kicking King to win the Chelt Gold cup - at least you will geta  good run for your money!

OTBC

PS - Another good result again last night - will next year be another entry through the back door as champions of europe but mid table at home???

thanks for the input guys! i still feel on the face of it, that with a decent run, and the players you''ve got- who are of a decent premiership standard, that Norwich can be there, or thereabouts. and yes, Livepool are something of an enigma- brilliant and constantly getting results in Europe, yet, largely very ordinary in the premiership. mind you, i have faith in Rafa. thanks again for your opinions.

Ashton topscorer at 4-1 looks a better bet mate. Norwich are 50-1 with Betfair to finish top. Not a hope in hell IMO

[quote]hello Norwich fans, i come in peace, please do not slate me. first off, im not a Norwich fan, im a Liverpool fan. just have a question for you, but firstly- you are currently 15th in the league, an...[/quote]

Lower than 15th

If you can get 20-1 for us to be relegated, take it

Ummm, must be a Liverpool fan going away and thinking what a great, loyal bunch of supporters Norwich have....

[quote]So Dicky - why not try and persuade him what a loyal supporter you are instead of making your usual pithy, cynical comments?[/quote]

Really don''t understand your comments.  Persuade him what a loyal supporter I am?  Explain.

[quote]Ummm, must be a Liverpool fan going away and thinking what a great, loyal bunch of supporters Norwich have....[/quote]

LM was merely asking whether we thought us finishing Top this season was a good bet. Accordingly, some people have responded backed up with their reasons.

So, without giving any reasons, LM, "no" it is not a good bet.

Are you saying, Dicky, it is a good bet?

can we get off this injury thing, sure we had a few injuries
but so has everyone else. I''ll give you the luton was an exceptionally
high amount but we have been saying since the summer he needs
to sort out his squad depth and he hasn''t.

have you never heard the incessant scouse whingers on the phone-ins on Saturday evenings then?

Makes ncfc look like saints?

I suspect, Dicky, that if you were on a Liverpoool forum, that you barely have the time for all the one-liners you would feel compelled to contribute. 

There is no question that we are all loyal fans on this forum and it reflects what this club is going through at the moment.

The fans are split one how the current malaise should be resolved - there is nothing disloyal about that and shows that we have an active fan base who loyally and passionately care bout the club - but are not necessarily united in the way the problems should be resolved. 

What is bad about projecting that image? 

OTBC

[quote]Really don''t understand your comments. Persuade him what a loyal supporter I am? Explain.[/quote]

Dicky don,t be so naive you know what he means.

Still you will be saying.....(If we get relegated God forbid).

"I can''t fault my etc etc etc.  Sounds familiar.

Sorry Dicky I must not Insult your God

Chris

[quote]can we get off this injury thing, sure we had a few injuries but so has everyone else. I''ll give you the luton was an exceptionally high amount but we have been saying since the summer he needs to sor...[/quote]

how can you get of the injury thing. that has been the number one cause of our problems this season.When we get a settled side for a run of matches you will then understand just how it had affected us.

[quote]how can you get of the injury thing. that has been the number one cause of our problems this season.When we get a settled side for a run of matches you will then understand just how it had affected us...[/quote]

Yes, but everyone has injuries. The difference with us is that the manager has not done his job over the summer and replaced those that left and brought in players to give us a strong squad. We have a strong team when fit but not a strong enough squad and that is down to poor management. And don''t say we couldn''t find anyone. We had plenty of cash and over the summer we could have got any of the quality players that moved but went elsewhere.