Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

All said and done the club have f....ed up another transfer window

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="simmo_2"]Just like last summer[/quote]You just love it don''t you? Get back to TWTD.....http://www.wheeliebins.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/smelly_wheelie_bin.jpg[/quote]

When the board see they have fans like yourself Lappin, there will never be any ambition. People with opinions like you are holding the club back.

Didn''t realise it was 11 o clock already! Why am I still tossing around in the office when I could be doing the same at home!

We''re ambitious within our means Simmo - seriously, go support Man U if that''s what you want, it gets boring having to explain the obvious

I think you need a few more exclamation marks to really get your message across properly.

Tettey''s Jig wrote

Didn''t realise it was 11 o clock already! Why am I still tossing around in the office when I could be doing the same at home!

TJ, hope its not an open office ? and be careful with the CCTV ;-)

Yep see you guys replaced Murphy with Leon Best - Good look with that one.

Bookmakers dont often get it wrong and make it a straight fight with us, Newcastle and Brighton.

Every time I see one of these threads I just imagine someone urinating so hard they take off into the sky like iron man

There is an element of truth in this. For a club that was clearly in desperate need of a striker you simply can''t afford to wait until the day before the window shuts to sign someone. It''s a joke.

They have had since the end of January to build a list of targets and we somehow got to August 30th before they signed anyone.

quote user="ncfcstar"]There is an element of truth in this. For a club that was clearly in desperate need of a striker you simply can''t afford to wait until the day before the window shuts to sign someone. It''s a joke.

They have had since the end of January to build a list of targets and we somehow got to August 30th before they signed anyone.[/quote

Looks like Chelsea are as bad as us, waiting until today to sign the World''s most expensive defender..........

Don''t really see the comparison. Are you telling me you''re happy with how the club have gone about this striker hunt?

Just exactly how ''have they gone about it''?

The only thing you know for sure, is that we have signed Oliveira and looks like Sinclair, with the transfer window still open. What else do you know?

[quote user="daly"]To be fair no one wanted Olsson or Brady[/quote]

Your info came from where exactly ??

I understood they agreed to stand by the club unless offers came in at ridiculous levels.

Newcastle / Aston villa are signing Goalscorers

we are trying to get someone who has played 3 times yet to score ( sinclair )

Olive who has all Magic in his boots who has scored 30 goals in 173 games in some weak leagues

And good old Jerome who has proved he can score in this league which is a bonus but just had a terrible season

Now nobody can say what these Strikers will do this season but history proves they have not 20 + goals a season players

that was in the past what they will they do this season ?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Just exactly how ''have they gone about it''?

The only thing you know for sure, is that we have signed Oliveira and looks like Sinclair, with the transfer window still open. What else do you know?[/quote]

My original point is that they''ve had since January to get a list of targets, and failed to sign anyone until August 30th. IMO that is grossly negligent.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Newcastle / Aston villa are signing Goalscorers

we are trying to get someone who has played 3 times yet to score ( sinclair )

Olive who has all Magic in his boots who has scored 30 goals in 173 games in some weak leagues

And good old Jerome who has proved he can score in this league which is a bonus but just had a terrible season

Now nobody can say what these Strikers will do this season but history proves they have not 20 + goals a season players

that was in the past what they will they do this season ?[/quote]

lol if you are that confident Villa are that good and actually signed better players than us I would point you towards the bookmakers who have us 100/30 second favourites behind Newcastle to win the league ( VILLA ARE 16/1 ) and to get promoted Norwich are evens with VILLA at 4 /1. They have no balance and signed forwards for the sake of it. Doubt wether McCormack after a couple more weeks will be nothing other than a bench warmer.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Your opinion based on ONE fact. There is far more to signing someone than just a fan''s need.[/quote]

Do you think I''m an idiot? I realise it''s not Pick''n''mix. The CLUB needed a striker (if not two), it''s not my need at all. You can keep your head in the sand if you want to, but I can''t see how you can buy that the club did all they could to get a striker in when they left it to the last minute. Was Oliveira near the top of our list - I doubt it very much.

In theory we could have signed someone on February 1st (or whatever the day was after the Jan window shut) - and from that point we had all the way until August 31st to sign a striker. We signed someone on August 30th...no pre-season with the rest of the team, no idea if they will gel into a cohesive unit quickly enough to get the points on the board. This is not well planned, and you can''t honestly sit there and argue otherwise, can you?

They have no balance and signed forwards for the sake of it.

sounds like our Midfield then !! when we needed a striker we went and spent 8 million on pritchard who i do not doubt is a very good player but we have very good players there already brady / wes / canos / murphys / maddison / jarvis

did we really need to upgrade midfield ?

signing a CB and striker was No1 Midfield after that fine spend away but we needed a CB / Striker first

quote user="ncfcstar"quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Your opinion based on ONE fact. There is far more to signing someone than just a fan''s need.[/quote

Do you think I''m an idiot? I realise it''s not Pick''n''mix. The CLUB needed a striker (if not two), it''s not my need at all. You can keep your head in the sand if you want to, but I can''t see how you can buy that the club did all they could to get a striker in when they left it to the last minute. Was Oliveira near the top of our list - I doubt it very much.

In theory we could have signed someone on February 1st (or whatever the day was after the Jan window shut) - and from that point we had all the way until August 31st to sign a striker. We signed someone on August 30th...no pre-season with the rest of the team, no idea if they will gel into a cohesive unit quickly enough to get the points on the board. This is not well planned, and you can''t honestly sit there and argue otherwise, can you?quote

Err, where did I say that? I didn''t did I?

Perhaps I realise there is far more to signing a player than you have demonstrated

Howie

You really are an idiot, anyone makes a remark that you do not agree with and they support Ipswich.

I was at the shareholder AGM when that remark was made by a certain Mr Roeder and that did not go down very well either.