Sign in to follow this  
Canaries north

And you think we've had a bad day

Another very poor transfer day from us again but think about the poor west brom fans. Robson Kanu who couldn''t hit a barn door for reading but scored 1 good goal at the euro''s and Nyom who couldn''t get in at Watford. Spurs have paid at least double the price Sissoko is worth.

We kept the players we needed to just wish we could have signed a striker. Could we have not taken Martin on loan.

Exactly. I''m not saying it''s been a good day or a great window but aside from one extra striker, we have a strong squad. We have kept hold of a lot of players fans expected to leave (Brady, Klose, Olsson) and replaced Redmond (the only notable leaver).

Sorry I just can''t join in the pant wetting that''s happening in virtually every other thread.

You must be thinking of another Nyom as this one started 29 Prem matches for Watford last season.

No that is the same Nyom. I have a friend who is a huge Watford fan. First 5-6 games looked fantastic but after this was a liability. If he had played well in the prem then no way would he be leaving for 3-4 million. Anyway as I said we have failed to sign the players we all feel we need but on the other hand have kept the players we needed to. Nyom and Robson Kanu to Norwich would have been a real let down let alone if we were still in the premier league.

We kept the players we needed , yeah but a lot of them dont really want to be here . What happens with Naismith now ? everybody hates him more now than they did this morning . Brady has he looked remotely interested  this season ? no . Truth is we have a couple of decent midfielders , one good defender , a good youngster in Canos after that its all pretty much very average . Jerome wont fire us to promotion and the midfielders are not what you would call prolific scorers . Would be amazed if this lot go up , wont finish anywhere near Newcastle or Villa .

I will agree today has been a disaster on the incoming front but my point is this window we have kept the players we needed to keep. Yes we needed to add but not lose players. I will say the worst window was last year as a promoted team you should always add. Your on the crest with upward momentum. We have just been relegated and I know we didn''t have to many players who covered themselves in glory we did keep hold of the better players. So yes a bad window but not the worst. Last summer upset me more.

Simply not good enough, people will say oh we kept Brady (a player who has been relegated twice in a row), Olsson (the same can be said about him and the PL) and Klose, who has hardly set the world alight this season. We have also managed to keep Naismith and Lafferty, two players who don''t want to be here. We bid £10+m for McCormack, failed and went on to sign a player we didn''t really need (Pritchard) as we signed Maddison, who is one of the brightest young talents outside the PL, don''t give him a chance and sent him to Aberdeen! We buy a striker who doesn''t suit the ''prolific'' quota previously demanded by Alex Neil and seemingly have no more money to spend on a marquee signing as we spent it on Pritchard in what comes across like an act of desperation, more than a priority signing. We also sold arguably our most influential attacking player in Redmond who''s quality hasn''t been replaced. Yes we have a half decent team, but that is expected as we''ve just been relegated from the best league in the world and we''re expected to challenge for promotion. However in no way have we improved it in my opinion. We have gone downhill and therefore the recruitment and scouting network said to be of Premier League standard by our own chairman who has been nowhere near the action in this crucial period. The has consequently failed their manager, players and supporters. People who say this has been a successful transfer window, I admire your optimism but i''m sure even our own manager will admit that this whole period of false hope is not what he wanted.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]When was the last time we had a worse transfer window?[/quote]

Last summer. Recruitment was equally dreadful, but this year we had big boys sniffing around our players and we kept them at bay.

I see your point though. We have had a terrible window again.

I would say, however, that I believe Pritchard will surpass the achievements of Redmond whilst at our club.

In that sense I would say his quality has been replaced with a few million dumb profit.

We weren''t alone in struggling, Sunderland were notable failures, needing a keeper and a striker yet signing no one.

Fingers crossed we make it to jan without a serious injury to Jerome or Oliveira