Sign in to follow this  
Davo

Ruddy to Sunderland

Personally Paul, I''ve always liked Ruddy, and can accept dips in form so have never complained - sure he''s had his off moments but like Russ it does seem that the good bits go conveniently unnoticed. Have always thought and still think he''s the best keeper at our club. Will miss him as I think this ones a goer.

Reporter at stadium of light reckons the bid for Ruddy got rejected but says they are likely to go back in with another bid.

Been dross for 2 seasons. Can''t kick, doesn''t come off his line quick enough and doesn''t take control of crosses etc. He''s never been the same since Chelsea reportedly showed interest a few seasons ago and also after the leg injury he sustained. Need to get another one in though as not convinced by McGovern.

city4eva wrote the following post at 31/08/2016 3:40 PM:

lharman7 wrote:

Mixed emotions about this. Ruddy has been a great servant to us. I do feel we have adequate cover though and if it allows us financial strength to sign another high profile striker then I guess I wouldn''t be too bothered.

who is the adequate cover you think we have.

If Ruddy goes it leaves us just with Jones as back up as far as I know, thats not adequate back up in my book

Jones is adequate cover for McGovern. Cover usually means a player of less ability to fill in until the regular is ready to assume duties.

Its not an ideal situation but we do tend to do things the hard way.

If you look at it in isolation I don''t losing Ruddy as he has not been great since his injury and I think he probably needs to get away and start again.

What I do have an issue with though is the lack of strategy and planning if it transpires that we cannot now recall Rudd from his loan at Charlton. If that is the case it just re-enforces my impression that our strategy/planning when it comes to transfers is non-existent and I worry what else might happen today in terms of outgoings.

I think emergency loans for goalkeepers are still allowed outside of the transfer window and there are usually plenty of decent back up keepers available as free agents.He is in the last year of his contract (according to Transfermarkt) so time to sell is now.

quote user="Jim Smith"If you look at it in isolation I don''t losing Ruddy as he has not been great since his injury and I think he probably needs to get away and start again.

What I do have an issue with though is the lack of strategy and planning if it transpires that we cannot now recall Rudd from his loan at Charlton. If that is the case it just re-enforces my impression that our strategy/planning when it comes to transfers is non-existent and I worry what else might happen today in terms of outgoings./quote

But if the reports are to be believed and we have rejected a bid for Ruddy, wouldn''t that suggest that we do have a good strategy in place? I suspect Ruddy will only be sold on our terms - i.e. we have replacement lined up AND we get silly money for him.

Don''t really see how a deadline day bid that has yet to be accepted for one of our players can be seen as a lack of transfer strategy on our part?

Wouldn''t be too upset over this as long as we either have a better replacement lined up or can bring Rudd back and have 2 decent keepers fighting over the shirt. Ruddy as others have said probably needs a new start elsewhere. If we''re left with only McGovern and Jones, though, we''re really in trouble.

Ref Declan Rudd,

I''m certain that he can be recalled from loan, it was stated as such when he went.

He is in last year of contract, this may be his last season contracted to Norwich anyway, unless there is an option for extension?

The third bullet below covers the recall option that we have on Rudd.

Following FIFA''s withdrawal of consent for the EFL''s emergency loan system, clubs have agreed to a number of measures aimed at easing the transition to the revised arrangements, including:

• A player registered on a standard loan may continue to play non-first team football for his parent club during the term of his loan period.

• Clubs will be permitted to sign a goalkeeper on a seven day ‘emergency loan’ basis if they do not have a senior goalkeeper that has made 5 starting appearances in first team football.

• Clubs will be able to recall a goalkeeper at 24 hours’ notice from a loan period at another club if they are unable to field two fit goalkeepers in their 18 man matchday squad.

Allegedly Sunderland have bid 1 million for ruddy and it''s been knocked back

I think they''ll need to times that by 4 or 5 to get us to accept it.

Ok to let him go if we can get a good replacement in; far from convinced by MM so far so competition is needed

I rate both McGovern and Rudd ahead of Ruddy these days, so no issue with him going.

One of the top earners, and we cannot afford to be paying someone so much to sit on the bench.

Making Plans
Another disasterous decision if you ask me.  (What decision has actually been made here?)
Chemical Bro
Unless a quality replacement is coming in then this borderline suicide from the club. (What is suicide from the club? What have they actually done here?)
Canary One
Another bad decision . (Again, what bleeding decision? Has one actually been made here?)
Jim Smith
What I do have an issue with though is the lack of strategy and planning if it transpires that we cannot now recall Rudd from his loan at Charlton. (Surely this is only a problem if Norwich actually decide to sell Ruddy and don''t bring in a suitable replacement? Surely the ''strategy'' is we don''t sell Ruddy unless the money is too good to turn down or we source an adequate replacement?)
People don''t half get their knickers in a twist about things that haven''t happened yet. Surely the time to start whining about lack of strategy/planning, bad decisions, etc. is if and when a senior player departs and no adequate cover is brought in to replace them; not when a newspaper reports that another club have - shock, horror - shown some interest. Have these people not noticed, in all their years of following football, that ''interest'' (or ''enquired about'' or ''bid for'') often comes to nothing?
For the record, if NCFC were to sell Ruddy today and leave us with just Jones as backup then I am in general agreement with the quotes above. What I object to is the pre-emptive phrasing that indicates the move has already happened and what a shocking decision the Club have made.

Chip20

Leaving 2 senior gk''s on the books. Notice i said unless a replacement is found. The jury is out on both McGovern and jobes too. Would be a ridiculous gamble.

The club know this and have since rejected the offer

Hope that clears it up for you my thinking

Chip20

Didn''t read your paragraph after, my bad.

Don''t get why you''d qoute me when I''m saying how I''d feel "if" this happened. Obviously it''s not going to and rightly so.

We maybe signing jerome sinclair. Can i give my opinion before or do i have to wait for confirmation?

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]Chip20

Didn''t read your paragraph after, my bad.

Don''t get why you''d qoute me when I''m saying how I''d feel "if" this happened. Obviously it''s not going to and rightly so.

We maybe signing jerome sinclair. Can i give my opinion before or do i have to wait for confirmation?[/quote]
I would be happy to read your opinions on Sinclair and whether he would fit into our team. It''s not the opinions I object to (that is what this message board is for). It''s all those who react to speculation (especially those with either an implied or an overt criticism of the club) as if it''s already a done deal. To be fair to you; yours wasn''t the best example to include to illustrate it. 

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]£1m? Even as an opening bid that would be laughable, on deadline day it would be pathetic,[/quote]For Ruddy, agreed, but would you take £1 million for Naismith?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]£1m? Even as an opening bid that would be laughable, on deadline day it would be pathetic,[/quote]For Ruddy, agreed, but would you take £1 million for Naismith?[/quote]I''d pay Sunderland £1million to take Ricky Van Naismith off our hands.