Sign in to follow this  
Davo

Ruddy to Sunderland

You beat me to it! I couldn''t believe it when I read it on the sky sports website, didn''t see this one coming at all. I guess it depends how much they''re offering.

Mixed emotions about this. Ruddy has been a great servant to us. I do feel we have adequate cover though and if it allows us financial strength to sign another high profile striker then I guess I wouldn''t be too bothered.

I guess this one is happening. Maybe they are offering £5m or something. Must be new keeper on way then as Alex Neil always talking about having 3 keepers.

We have had the best of John Ruddy. If we can get a good fee for him then it will be good business. Pity we can''t do a BOGOF deal for Naismith.

Nothing against McGovern but I want JR back between the sticks, I''d be gutted if this goes ahead - however, I hate to say it but I can see it happening for a variety of reasons. A new England manager to impress too...

not been convinced enough by McGovern so far to be confident of him being our no.1 for a whole season?

However if Ruddy has the impression that McGovern is Neil''s preferred choice this season he will surely push for this move now.

With there being a new England manager, Hart out of form and "out of sight and out of mind" in Italy, Butland injured....performing well in the Premier League for a side where he will certainly get plenty of practice would appear tempting.

Call we recall Declan Rudd ?!?!?!?!?

And Sunderland fans aren''t happy with this potential signing.

They are very much of the opinion that he''d be back up to Jordan Pickford.

Defoe will have to come this way though. Really hope this doesn''t go ahead but I can see it happening, b0llocks.

[quote user="King Klose"]And Sunderland fans aren''t happy with this potential signing.

They are very much of the opinion that he''d be back up to Jordan Pickford.[/quote]

Reading their ready to go forum they aren''t happy

Unless a quality replacement is coming in then this borderline suicide from the club.

Seen nowhere near enough from McGovern to be confident.

Agree, best for both parties.

Shame we let Rudd go out on a season long loan, unless we can recall him

[quote user="Move Klose"]I guess this one is happening. Maybe they are offering £5m or something. Must be new keeper on way then as Alex Neil always talking about having 3 keepers.[/quote]

Amazing that we must have 3 keepers (which I agree with) yet we only have 2 experienced strikers? Surely you need more forwards than keepers??

Has served us well over the years, wouldn''t blame him at all for going and wish him well. Am unsure whether he''d be our number one now anyway, when fit. Hopefully McGovern will prove his worth.

While I like John the time has come

large wages /dipping form at time the bassong of goalkeepers

and despite this outpouring of love for him the pinkun forum over the years has mostly been anti Ruddy until it comes to selling him then he is the best thing since sliced bread

Obviously depends who we get in to replace him - I''m not sure McGovern has shown he has anything more to offer than Ruddy.

McGovern would not have signed for Norwich to be a NO2 keeper that was pretty obvious from day one , for me Ruddy is the better of the two though, McGovern looks a flapper who is good at throwing himself at peoples feet . Another bad decision .

Not one of Mr Neil''s favourites after the shenanigans in the city last year and particularly now he has brought in his prodigy he had previously at Hamilton, expect this one to go through. Don''t think you will find it possible for Rudd recall either - season long loan!

[quote user="dibbler"]Selling Ruddy and maybe going in for a certain A.Gunn[/quote]

Angus Gunn on loan would certainly be an interesting shout?...maybe a little too young....almost seems a little too tall aswell, if theres such a thing....certainly until he fills out.

...that 250k compensation Man City paid us looks like it will be undervalued in time...

[quote user="lharman7"]Mixed emotions about this. Ruddy has been a great servant to us. I do feel we have adequate cover though and if it allows us financial strength to sign another high profile striker then I guess I wouldn''t be too bothered.[/quote]who is the adequate cover you think we have.If Ruddy goes it leaves us just with Jones as back up as far as I know, thats not adequate back up in my book

Angus would be a very good signing, but I think it''s unlikely he''ll be going out on loan this season, never mind sold. Pep rates him highly, and he''s most probably going to get time in cup competitions this year.

Someone like Jordan Archer at Millwall would be a good replacement. Just signed a new contract, but that means little these days.