Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

What if Jerome and Oliviera get injured?

It''s a fair point, TheCanaryFan - but the flip side of the coin is that one or both could stay fit and score plenty of goals with the rest of the team chipping in accordingly. Fingers crossed 👍

Can we please stop counting Naismith as an attacking option? It''s embarrassing. At least it means Carlton M may get a shot I guess.

Jerome is injured at the minute, all it takes is a silly mistimed tackle or rogue elbow and we have lost one of the 2 for 3 games

2 strikers is not enough, Neil has already shown what he thinks of Lafferty and Morris. Neil must be embarrassed that we were forced to keep Lafferty because we could not get a replacement in time, having had all summer to get business done

My worry now is that we potentially have a strike force of 5, with 2 that are historically incredibly ineffective in the art of scoring goals and have seen moves away fall through. Making up the numbers are a youth who has not played a higher level game that SPL, a currently injured sprinter and a smiley Portuguese who did ok for Forest last year.

We can only hope that Jerome and Oli avoid any knocks because without them we will be hard-pressed for goals.

If that situation were to arise and if Neil played Lafferty or Naismith in this frenetic, physical league over Morris I''d lose whatever faith I have left in him.

A committed Naismith playing a false 9 might work really well in Serie A/Eredivisie/PSL but it will not work in this league. If he tried it again I''d be concerned to say the least.

Could be that Jerome is out for 3 months or more...makes us not getting another striker in even more absurd...Oliveira will now be under pressure as our only dedicated striker and hes not even kicked a ball yet. Seems Naismith will become ever more important, even Lafferty may have to put in a shift.

Looks like we''re committed to the one up front for the foreseeable future as he won''t risk playing both at the same time. It won''t take decent teams long to suss us out and stifle our midfield. Play offs at best. We just don''t have the fire power or options to change games. Not too many fans would have predicted this at the start of the window! Very frustrating state of affairs.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Looks like we''re committed to the one up front for the foreseeable future as he won''t risk playing both at the same time. It won''t take decent teams long to suss us out and stifle our midfield. Play offs at best. We just don''t have the fire power or options to change games. Not too many fans would have predicted this at the start of the window! Very frustrating state of affairs.[/quote]

I think most of us did predict this , sadly

''What if Jerome and Oliveira stay fit and score goals?''

Then we''d be very lucky. Last time in the Championship both Grabban and Hooper had extended spells out injured. Jerome has already been injured this season. Oliveira missed the last 9 games of last season for Forest and the Euros with a groin injury.

The odds of us keeping both strikers fit all season are pretty slim, not to mention any losses of form of suspensions that might also keep them out of the team. I''d happily wager without even looking that no other team with serious promotion hopes only have two strikers on the books (I''m not counting Lafferty for obvious reasons).