Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Something has got to change

Why can''t we attract decent players, every window is the same non event. Is it the manager, the wages, the city. Surely we compare better than most other Championship clubs ? I think AN may have to go, Brucie anyone ?

Difficult night, Dan OHagan has just questioned if Norwich have been left behind by the current game with the current owners.

Hard to disagree with him. Until we have outside investment, this will continue year after year

Would Bruce Forsyth(Brucie) make a decent football manager? He''s a bit on the old side.

Agree that AN has to go but he is a small part of the problem. The main problems is our owners. Unfortunately that isn''t changing anytime soon as they have no intention of selling and they will always get an easy ride with our placid fanbase who buy into and embrace the little ol'' Norwich mindset.

Money will be one reason. Another is the player''s perception of a club''s potential and we are probably seen asa yo yo club. Having a novel ce manager whose name isn''t widely known also doesn''t help in initially attracting players I would imagine.

Wtf is going on , if Delia wants out so bad SELL UP, you may a loss most football clubs do , espicially when you dont invest ! Dont let the fans take the brunt of your greed.

Delia has narcissistic tendencies she is more interested in the social standing of owning the club rather than doing the best for the club

She won''t recognise that she has screwed up and we will be forced to deal with her stupidity for years to come

[quote user="The young canary"]Delia has narcissistic tendencies she is more interested in the social standing of owning the club rather than doing the best for the club

She won''t recognise that she has screwed up and we will be forced to deal with her stupidity for years to come[/quote]

But Tom might like unicorns ?

Appreciate the frustration that we haven''t signed a big-name/proven 15+ goal Champ striker but I don''t see why this window is viewed so badly. Especially considering how terrible last summer''s was.

We''ve retained: Ruddy, Klose, Olsson, Tettey, Howson, Brady, Hoolahan, Jerome. That''s a long way towards a really strong Championship side. One the envy of most other clubs. We''ve also brought in exciting new attacking youngsters in the shape of Canos and Pritchard, the latter someone who notched up more than 10 league goals last year.

With the derogation of FFP regulations, we quite simply are unable to compete with the big beasts in the championship. We can forget any chance of the PL until new equity is injected into the club. Last August''s failure led to our relegation. This August''s has locked us in the championship for years to come.

Something has changed, we got relegated, Prem. money rose like a rocket so we miss out, rich foreign owners even taking over Championship sides like Wolves etc..in the last 6 to 12 months football has changed even more swiftly than before. NCFC are simply not a part of this ever increasing money grabbing circus. The optimistics among the fans need to be more realistic, as do the pessimists. We currently sit around mid table in the Champs and taking everything into consideration, thats about where we belong.Those who believed we were favourites for, or at least a decent chance for promotion, based their ideas on  what happened 2 seasons ago, which is silly, because  of the massive shift of events that have occured so swiftly. Parachute money? its a pittance up against the now ownership riches of clubs like Wolves, Wednesday, Derby, Villa, Newcastle etc. While being still a good deal better of financially, in reality, we are now nearer clubs such as Leeds, Ipswich, Forest than the previous mentioned. Also despite  1 or 2 good midfield signings, we have the same deadwood that has weakened  the squad in the last 12-18 months and a manager that the season in the Prem has turned into someone who has no clue how to win consistenly anymore.For the pessimists who may think we are again on the road to L1, no, our squad is  far better than to go there. Mid table is where we are at, its the here and now, most likely the foreseeable future, scrapping it out with the Leeds and Ipswiches. Optimists may not accept that, but then thats why theyre optimists, realism kicks in slower for them. OTBC.

We need investment - Moxey was part of Wolves before they were brought out - did he play a role in finding that investment?

If so does he have contacts that can behaved to source investment here?

The only issue is would Delia be prepared to sell to a foreign investor?

Maybe players just don''t want to come to Norwich as they see it as the back of beyond, crap transport links, etc

Part of me is disturbed by the thought that we could sell out to foreign billionaires who would impose their wills on everybody, even if they did supply enough cash to buy some good players.

The alternative, the "family firm" with insufficient funds and perpetually "penny pinching" is so disappointing. It leaves me with the thought that even if we did gain promotion we would not be long among the big spenders.

I will commend them for one thing - investing in youngsters. We could be challenging for promotion in three or four years, although I am not counting on this.

You all know the reason we we''re told last season it''s a dilapidated Colney. The real reason is we''re skint or rather debt free and that''s the way Delia wants it to stay but after the parachute runs out and we''re still floundering in Champs or worse the slide to administration will start.

Fans ambitions after 4 PL seasons has outgrown the owners who have failed to profit from the good times.

It''s a Gordon Brown/Ed Balls economic situation.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Appreciate the frustration that we haven''t signed a big-name/proven 15+ goal Champ striker but I don''t see why this window is viewed so badly. Especially considering how terrible last summer''s was.

We''ve retained: Ruddy, Klose, Olsson, Tettey, Howson, Brady, Hoolahan, Jerome. That''s a long way towards a really strong Championship side. One the envy of most other clubs. We''ve also brought in exciting new attacking youngsters in the shape of Canos and Pritchard, the latter someone who notched up more than 10 league goals last year.[/quote]

And a team that got humped by Birmingham, AN needs to change style of play be more direct, too many passes to get nowhere anf if you have defensive liabilities as cover you are asking for trouble. But how can you be more direct with no big target man up front who was it said win ugly you have to in this league

Well I may be deluded but I do think that we have had the squad to have remained in the PL for the last 6 years and not been relegated twice. I think we have generally tried to bring in good players, with the inexcusable omission of CB where only Klose in the last few seasons has improved things. But on paper many of the players we have brought in have been celebrated.

To me its down to poor decisions on the management. After Lambert the club have got it wrong. It took too long to sack Hughton, Adams was a pure emotion play based on the youth cup success and Neil was a massive risk which looked to be inspirational but again just seems to be blind optimisim now. I have no doubt that we will leave it too late to sack him. His performance last year was lamentable, but where is the accountability for basically stuffing up possibly the most important season e have ever had.

I don''t think it would make any difference if we had signed two strikers, David Luiz and Jack Wilshere. fro me the biggest bang for the buck is getting in an experienced manager, possibly foreign, and get away from this obsession with the cheaper option. Spend the money on management not dribble it away on risky players who may not work out.

I see many of the same problems already this season which undermined us last time. The fault is in my view not with Alex Neil, he can only do what he is capable of, but the people who put him there and will leave him in charge. Nathan Redmond is a great example of this managerial deficiency- there have been comments on here that he did not seem to be any better than when he arrived. Why do so many players seem to arrive and then not be half as good as they seemed to be at their previous clubs?

We missed out in ''95 when PL money exploded and we have jumped off the boat again through failure to invest in the right managerial talent.