Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Naismith to Sunderland

Oh FFS. This pile of crud is staying with us until jan. at least it''ll give him time to cement his place in the pantheon of worst ever signings by ncfc, alongside RVW and Dean Coney.

I was really hopeful of a successful tanager window offloading this freeloader and Ruddy too. Now we''re stuck with them until their contracts expire.

[quote user="AJ"]It is a bit concerning if Sunderland wouldn''t pay what we''re paying him! But if he was being loaned and we had to pay some of his wages, I agree that I''d rather keep him here as he''s not played THAT badly and he is technically quite good. He might still come good yet once he''s settled down[/quote]
We bought him as a savior, Sunderland want him as backup. That is why there is a difference in salary expectations.
He should really be looking to reduce his salary to escape a football club who don''t like him. I would hate to play for a Football Club who''s fans do nothing but criticize. He should accept that he has performed poorly and do the right thing.
This could be even longer and more miserable than the RVW saga.

The Massive

He should really be looking to reduce his salary to escape a football club who don''t like him. I would hate to play for a Football Club who''s fans do nothing but criticize. He should accept that he has performed poorly and do the right thing.

So what about our other scapegoats, Ruddy, Whitts, Martin, Bassong, Lafferty, etc?

I''d like to know whether Neil sanctioned the potential sale or whether the Board just thought right let''s get this character off the books sharpish and sod what AN thinks. If the former I can''t see how Neil can possibly pick him again, or that Naismith would want to play for him.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]The Massive

So what about our other scapegoats, Ruddy, Whitts, Martin, Bassong, Lafferty, etc?[/quote]
As far as I am aware there are no Clubs coming in for those players, bar Lafferty.

[quote user="The young canary"]Doesn''t want to be here just the mercenary couldn''t agree a wage deserves our constant Booing if he is played again[/quote]

Haha, questioning John Ruddy''s loyalty - he''s been tapped up more than once in his time here and stayed loyal so wouldn''t blame him now if he saw a good opportunity to try and get in the England frame with this move. Last person we should question loyalty wise.

P.s instead of booing, why don''t you do something more manly like slash his tyres?

Alex you are by far and away the worst and I mean the worst of happy clappers I have ever read please ignore me like I will you.. You don''t deserve the effort to respond to your nonsense

Does anyone above the age of 10 actually still use the phrase "happy clapper"?

[quote user="The young canary"]Alex you are by far and away the worst and I mean the worst of happy clappers I have ever read please ignore me like I will you.. You don''t deserve the effort to respond to your nonsense[/quote]

Yeah sorry about my fairly balanced writing style with a hint of support, see you later then chubby 👍😂👏

[quote user="Ian"]Does anyone above the age of 10 actually still use the phrase "happy clapper"?[/quote].

There are many on here who use the term pant wetters, whenever I read that I wonder if they are still at school

True, rhetoric on both sides. I think the term drama queen is better?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]A thorough disaster of Wolfswinkle proportions.[/quote]No, it''s worse than that IMHO.RvW primarily failed because of a lack of supply and with being asked to play a totally different role to his usual game (he will NEVER be a target man), whereas Naismith has been getting games in the position he''s meant to excel at and playing the role he''s meant to be good at, but instead he''s been utterly terrible!At least RvW has some semblance of an excuse/justification for his failure here, Naismith absolutely does NOT have that luxury...

I note that apparently when Naismith joined Everton he apparently had a torrid time and the fans got right on his back. Yet, in time, he worked hard and started to win the supporters over eventually becoming very popular there. I wonder if lightning can strike twice?

[quote user="Alex "]I note that apparently when Naismith joined Everton he apparently had a torrid time and the fans got right on his back. Yet, in time, he worked hard and started to win the supporters over eventually becoming very popular there. I wonder if lightning can strike twice?[/quote]

Interesting point, I hadn''t heard that about the Everton fans.  I hope that is true, because it seems that when Naismith does strike a vein of form, he does really well.  We are yet to see that, but it needs to happen soon, because it looks pretty poor at the moment.

Was reading about it yesterday, LDC, and had not heard it before myself. They thought he was useless but he turned it round in that he didnt let it get to him, worked hard and eventually became a very popular impact player for them, with many a fine performance. So it just shows, it can happen - not that a footballer hasn''t ever taken a while to start showing form at a new club before *IWAN*. Still think he''ll be behind Pritchard in the pecking order once he''s fit, but we''ll see what happens as the season unfolds.