Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Naismith to Sunderland

They need to get a move on as he is in Glasgow with the Scotland squad.

Be just our luck for him and Lafferty to still be City players come the end of the window tonight.

No more scapegoats anymore.

Apples

---------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSL12JeXCSs

Whatever happened to

Foth-er-ing-ham .........

[quote user="Well b back"]That Harry Kane guy did not do to bad once he got away from our fans lol[/quote]
That Harry Kane guy only played about two and a half games for us before heading back to WHL crocked.
Er, lol.

SSN saying if Naismith goes to Sunderland its likely to be a loan move.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]They need to get a move on as he is in Glasgow with the Scotland squad.

Be just our luck for him and Lafferty to still be City players come the end of the window tonight.[/quote]I think our chances of still having at least 1, if not both of Laffs and Naismith here  at midnight tonight are pretty high. Neither can leave unless we get others in, and by all accounts the only guy who may come in is Sinclair on few months loan, and Radio Norfolk reported he is  only merely "mulling" over the idea. How a player can just mull with a few hrs left is beyond me, not that he sounds  what we really need anyway.Looking increasing likely we will get no one in tonight, so expect Naismith and Laffs to indeed be here, unless Alex  knows that Pritchard is close to fitness and likely good to take Naismiths spot in the team.

Being reported not going to happen, seems we''re stuck with the waster

Tbf he isn''t that bad and his attitude is fine. Would rather keep him than loan him out. Not pulled up trees for us but still a useful option if played in the correct position (part of a narrow 3 behind the striker).

Be gutted if he is still here tomorrow morning. Get the deal done and get a proper forward in please.

NAISMITH UNLIKELY

Sky sources understand Steven Naismith to Sunderland is now highly unlikely, with personal

terms the issue. Sunderland were hoping to take the Scot on loan from

Norwich. 

Obviously he wants £x a week and they''ve seen him "playing" for us

Must admit ive been pretty amazed at the optimistics who the last few months really  thought Alex would get in a dedicated striker, when his history since being here is the exact opposite, only need to look at the sagas of Afobe, Gayle, McCormack etc to see that. Anyway, even the local media  have been no different, i heard even local reporters  and media from the weekend onwards still hopeful of action based on Alexs own words. Ive never pinned faith on words, only action, and to be blunt, Alex has repeatedly failed to get in a guy with a proven goalscoring record since he came here.Anyway, last few hours all we can expect is to hear of maybe 1 or 2 of the younger guys going out on loans, a definite nothingness of a deadline as usual for NCFC. No worries, still have Naisy and Laffs up front, Whitts, Bassong, Turner, Martin in defence, so alls not lost!

If he''s looked "dis-interested" up until now, and now a deal to Sunderland has fallen through, his mind won''t be in the right place.

He should stay a long way from 1st team until he''s earned the right to play in the 1st eleven

So Sunderland deal broken down because Naismith wants more than he''s worth.

That''s the problem for provincial teams like us - we have to pay over the odds to get players with big reputations down here and then when they''re crap, we can''t get rid - same happened with Ricky, although at least we managed to loan him!

Looks like we might be stuck with him for 3 more years then.

If he won''t take a contract from a Prem team now, then we have no hope of moving him on later on.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]He got a nice flick

It made the fans turn

Whatever happened to

Matty Patt-inson?

Tony And-ree-you?

And Micky Sheron?[/quote]What aboutGerry Howshall

You should be able to sack players for poor performance, just feck orf and let us buy a footballer its the very least you can do.

"because Naismith wants more than he''s worth."

Wages? Are we paying mote than Sunderland were prepared to offer him? Hell!

What a massive cock up.

Let''s see what happens in the next few weeks re: selection and performance.

As somebody has previously pointed out, Stephen Naismith could be the downfall of Alex Neil.

A thorough disaster of Wolfswinkle proportions.

Just to make it worse now seems our failure to get rid of Naismith is going to result in Maddison going on loan to Aberdeen

Absolute joke, we should be giving Maddison a chance rather than the grump!!

part of me would have liked this move to have happened.....although not a loan, which would have been taking the pi$$..............as I think it would have solved the obvious problem that Neil has in trying to squeeze people into the attacking areas in our midfield ,which is unbalancing the team.

.....however , I''m more overwhelmingly glad it hasn''t because I refuse to believe that he could have just left with showing us as little as he has.

He wouldnt be the first player to "almost" leave on deadline day and then it fall through, so his bridges here aren''t burnt......but by god he needs to show something for us now....a considerable influence in helping us get 6 points from Cardiff and Wigan coming up would certainly help.

It is a bit concerning if Sunderland wouldn''t pay what we''re paying him! But if he was being loaned and we had to pay some of his wages, I agree that I''d rather keep him here as he''s not played THAT badly and he is technically quite good. He might still come good yet once he''s settled down

Theres still time , its not good for us though, someone that constantly criticises our younger players on the pitch has now got grumpier.

Yet another case of us buying players top dollar that arent any good and think they are !

GJL - Would he be starting in your team for the next few games? He wouldn''t be in mine, he''s been awful. I have no hard feelings about him not moving and wanting to, but purely on merit, he doesn''t even deserve to be on the bench at the moment.

IMO he shouldn''t be anywhere near the bench for those two games.

Lets hope Pritchard is back (if Madds is off on loan) & shows him how to do it

[quote user="kick it off"]GJL - Would he be starting in your team for the next few games? He wouldn''t be in mine, he''s been awful. I have no hard feelings about him not moving and wanting to, but purely on merit, he doesn''t even deserve to be on the bench at the moment.[/quote]

difficult to say without really knowing whether Pritchard can operate wide ....because if he can''t we already have the problem of accomodating Naismith and Hoolahan, if Neil puts pritchard in aswell, we could end up with a very narrow 3 behind a striker with little pace??

The piece on Sky that says Naismith''s move to Sunderland broke down due to failure to agree personal terms also says that he came to us on a free transfer.  And people take such rubbish seriously?

Well he obviously didn''t have a relegation clause in his contract if Sunderland can''t match his wages. I thought McNally insisted on this for everyone. Ho hum.