Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Naismith to Sunderland

From what I''ve seen he just isn''t particularly good full stop. He''s not technically great, he has no pace and I have seen very little evidence of this so called "work rate," he just falls over or loses the ball and shouts at his team mates.

yes he''s been involved in a few nice passing interchanges with Wes and has not been terrible this season but I really do feel that his presence in the middle there has interrupted our flow in midfield and upset the balance of the team for no great benefit.

If Sunderland think Ruddy and Naismith will keep them up then good luck to them. I will be having a tenner on them to go down.

The problem I have is he''s obviously a good player - like ZLF said i''m not sure he suits the AM position though - he''s never been known for his technical ability other than his finishing.
With so many attacking midfielders we could afford to lose him.

Please let this be true. Would be sensible business by the club with so many attacking midfielders, plus he just hasn''t fitted in.

Would free up funds to concentrate on getting a real target man in

If he didn''t ask for a move, won''t we be expected to pay him off the remainder of his contract with us?Always used to be the case in the game and why some players would refuse to put in transfer requests as it meant they wouldn''t get paid up.Did he ask for a move or was he sitting tight knowing we''d move him on and he''d be quids in?Hopefully part of the deal or fee negates that possibility.

[quote user="hogesar"]The problem I have is he''s obviously a good player - like ZLF said i''m not sure he suits the AM position though - he''s never been known for his technical ability other than his finishing.
[/quote]

Why is he obviously a good player? if you actually go back and read what Everton fans said about him (and our fans stopped being blinded by the fact he once scored a hat-trick v Chelsea) most of them said he was a poor player and were delighted to get rid, especially for the price we offered.

AN would have to take it on the chin, but if we can get 5 Million for him, with all our other options and urgent need for more ST''s and FB''s we this would be a fantastic sale for us.

Well, we''ve lost out overall in the saga, but I think we''d all accepted that we''re stuck with him for 4 years. Come on City, seize this wonderful get out of jail (almost) free card we''ve been given!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="hogesar"]The problem I have is he''s obviously a good player - like ZLF said i''m not sure he suits the AM position though - he''s never been known for his technical ability other than his finishing.
[/quote]

Why is he obviously a good player? if you actually go back and read what Everton fans said about him (and our fans stopped being blinded by the fact he once scored a hat-trick v Chelsea) most of them said he was a poor player and were delighted to get rid, especially for the price we offered.[/quote]
That''s the thing - if you go back and read what actual Everton fans said about him, most of them thought it was a good price but were sad to see him leave still - i''m going off forum posts and not things like Twitter where it''s predominantly full of kn*bheads.

It''s interesting. From a quick look, not a single person on this thread has said ''Oh no, we mustn''t lose him!''  Isn''t that in itself an indictment of the player and how little he has given to us or even tried to give? RvW had more people arguing his case!

Got an Everton supporting mate who was disappointed to see Naismith go, he''d much rather they shipped out Kone. Said he''d be a great signing for us & when I heard about it I was thinking the same.

But when I said how awful Naismith has been for us so far, he sounded surprised & could only assume that the way in which we setup just doesn''t suit Naismith.

Maybe there''s some truth in the fact that we are trying to shoehorn Wes & Naismith into the same team & just isn''t working right now?

If he was to leave, who do we replace him with? Or do we even need to sign someone else to replace him as he''s been largely ineffective for us.

Adycakes - "who do we replace him with?" We have 3 attacking mid positions in our current setup. Wes takes Naismith''s spot in the middle, with Maddison as cover. We then have Pritchard, Canos, Murphy x 2, Brady, Jarvis who are all well suited to playing the wider positions of the 3 (and several of them could also cover the Wes/Maddison role).

I don''t think signing a replacement will even be on our radar.

On a sidenote, despite how this has all transpired with Naismith - essentially we sold Grabban for 7.5, got Naismith for 8.5 and will sell him for 4 or 5mill. Net loss on Naismith 3.5 - 4.5 mill. So essentially we''ll have ended up with getting 3 or 4mill for Grabban. We paid 3mill for him and he was crap, so we''ve essentially broken even on these two deals, or maybe made a million in profit. Not fantastic scouting, but given the performances of those 2 in City shirts, I''d rip your hand off if you said we could break even out of them.

Shuck - It''s not the remainder of the contract, it''s a ''loyalty bonus''. I think that they are still standard fare and at his/our level would probably be around £4-500k, so not chicken feed but cheaper than his wages...

[quote user="canarybubbles"]Please please please let this not be just a rumour. He never wanted to be here, he always thought he was slumming it by joining us, and we have a player who is much better than him (Wes) being played out of position just so we can fit this second-rate talent into the side. He has been a disaster since day one and buying him was a major reason we got relegated in my opinion and keeping him will be a major reason why we don''t get promoted. Just get rid - any money is a bonus.[/quote]This except he had a good debut against Liverpool and by all accounts had a good first game this season against what looks to be a woeful Blackburn side.He must have some talent but he seems like a square peg in a round hole since joining Norwich. His whole body language says " I don''t want to be here " and that can''t be good for the dressing room either.If Moyes is daft enough to offer us some cash and get him off the wage bill at the same time let''s bite his hand off double quick before he comes to his senses.

I actually think he might be worth slightly more to Sunderland than the sum quoted. Especially when you see players like Hendrick go to Burnley for £10m. Crazy.

But I wouldn''t be unhappy at the price mentioned. Maybe also a cheeky loan for Watmore in return ? He''s raw but very pacey.

Must hate it here. Like many before judged and made a scapegoat long before he was fit. Suspect we will see just how good he is once he goes to Sunderland ( if true ).

That Harry Kane guy did not do to bad once he got away from our fans lol

I think its telling that lots of the players considered tosh on here are the only ones securing big money moves.

I don''t think he ever wanted to be here in the first place. Wanted him to tear up the Chump, but sadly well off the pace. Looks like he has no future with the fans here even if it fails to come off.

Just doesn''t seem to fit in, shame as I thought he would do well here. Wouldn''t be gutted to see him go, but if we do let him go we''ve got to get in at least 2 more strikers.

I would suggest this is more the case of a panic buy by Moyse, signing a player who he could not find room for in his starting eleven at Everton on a regular basis, that''s how NCFC came to sign him. He will struggle to impress there just as he has here, and if you think NCFC fans give him a hard time, it will be far worse on Tyneside!

Two strikers would be good, but we must make signing a replacement scapegoat our first priority. We need at least half a dozen scapegoats to provide strength-in-depth.

Apples

In the formation we currently play he is a square peg in a round hole. If he doesn''t want to be here I''d get rid now and recoup some of the money we spent in January.

Also worth considering his wages which I''m sure are hefty. Good bye and thanks for not very much.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Two strikers would be good, but we must make signing a replacement scapegoat our first priority. We need at least half a dozen scapegoats to provide strength-in-depth.

Apples[/quote]
I''m not being funny but if Naismith goes, Whittaker & Russel Martin don''t play - who am I going to spit at when I see them walking around the City?
FFS OUR F*CKING BOARD [:@]

I don''t really see the appeal of playing a season at a relegation threatened club again for both Naismith or Ruddy. (Yeh , yeh, apart from the money)

[quote user="City 2nd"]I would suggest this is more the case of a panic buy by Moyse, signing a player who he could not find room for in his starting eleven at Everton on a regular basis, that''s how NCFC came to sign him. He will struggle to impress there just as he has here, and if you think NCFC fans give him a hard time, it will be far worse on Tyneside![/quote]

He actually played for Moyes quite a lot at Everton - it was Martinez who stopped picking him so regularly. Definitely a Moyes-type player.

Hogesar, your dilemma deepens...Daily Record reporting Tony Andreu may be heading back to Scotland (ICT, Dundee United and Accies all interested).

No more scapegoats anymore.

Apples

Hope this happens didnt see the point in signing him when we did as we had Wes for that position, but hoped maybe it would bring some freshness to the team. Would rather see Pritchard or Maddison there if Wes isnt fit or in form.