Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Naismith to Sunderland

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]BBC Website. Must be freeing up wages for someone big?[/quote]Adebayo Akinfenwa.

You''d hope this is true. Useless since he''s been here and him playing in the first team seems to hinder us more than help him. One of Alex Neil''s blind spots.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]BBC Website. Must be freeing up wages for someone big?[/quote]Adebayo Akinfenwa.[/quote]Team one nil down with 15 minutes to go.Naismith and Akinfenwa on bench, which one would you bring on?

This one seems to have legs, initial £4m fee up front with add-ons it seems. The smoke seems to be signalling the teams are in talks.

I suppose if he wants to return to the Prem, hasn''t settled here (could explain up and down performances) then it probably wouldn''t be a bad thing for both parties. Would free up wages for us, and we''ve got Canos, Pritchard and Maddison in the fray as well.

I am led to believe that there is a clause in his contract which means he must play a certain percentage of games per season, which is why he was keeping Hoolahan out the side last season, and has started every game this season.

Got to admit I''m open to this one, I don''t feel losing him would really weaken us.

i''d sell if someone offered £5m .....as mentioned, seems to cause us a problem with team selection in as much as we''re shoehorning too many of the same type of player into the side to the detriment of the overall balance.

sell him, allowing hoolahan to play centrally, brady left ,pritchard right??

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]BBC Website. Must be freeing up wages for someone big?[/quote]Adebayo Akinfenwa.[/quote]Team one nil down with 15 minutes to go.Naismith and Akinfenwa on bench, which one would you bring on?[/quote]Youssouf Mulumbu.

I wonder if we can send them Bassong too.

Would if nothing else have them nailed on for relegation this season.

If Lafferty and Naismith left and consequently a startable striker was brought in, I''d be dead chuffed.

Naismith is currently an £8mil millstone around the neck of our attack and as such in this particular deal I wouldn''t care about the couple of million lost. The guy doesn''t fit.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]BBC Website. Must be freeing up wages for someone big?[/quote]Adebayo Akinfenwa.[/quote]Team one nil down with 15 minutes to go.Naismith and Akinfenwa on bench, which one would you bring on?[/quote]Youssouf Mulumbu.[/quote]You are Alex Neil, I knew it

with howson pritchard maddison canos brady and the murphys all pushing for that role £4m and released wages would be good for me; esp if we can then spend it on a striker even on a loan.

Great bit of business to ship him out imo. Doesn''t suit the club at all. He''s got some talent, but we won''t see the best of him here for whatever reason. Do you think we could cut a deal and let them have Naismith for less if they agreed to take Whittaker''s contract off us too?

Please god let this happen.

Not only has he been utter garbage since he''s been with us and looked disinterested but trying to accommodate him has in my view completely unbalanced the side.

Take the hit and get rid, play Wes in his proper position with Pritchard on the left and get Maddison more involved in the first team. Please.

Agree with others, if we can get even 50% of what we paid should definition do it.

Don''t think he''s a bad player but hasn''t worked out for him or us I suspect and we have players who could do better than him

From what I''ve seen of him this season, Naismith has not looked good enough technically to play the attacking midfield role in ANs system, which tends to place more emphasis on the creation of chances and quick combination play with other attackers rather than running beyond the striker into goalscoring positions. This is one of the reasons Hoolahan has always performed well under Neil, he fits the system perfectly. It also seems, to me at least, that Maddison would be far more comfortable playing the attacking midfield role than Naismith in such a system.

Naismith would also really fit a hard-working Moyes side that tends to put alot of crosses in the box, Naismith is surprisingly good in the air, which is not a strength Norwich are set-up to utilise.

[quote user="king canary"]I was one of those who thought he might shine for us in this division but I was wrong- would happily see him go.[/quote]Yeah, me too. Time to cut our losses if we can.

Maybe this is why he has played so much recently in spite of his performances ? Moyes will believe he can get the best out of him, so good news all round.

Good luck Steven.....................

I know it''s only the EFL trophy, but a look at Andreu last night shows you what Naismith should be for our first team.

Arriving late and poaching goals from the top of the box. Unfortunately Naismith has hardly arrived at all, let alone late.

This is by no means a call to get Andreu into our first team- just an example of what I expected when we signed SN, and moreso coming down to this level.

Please please please let this not be just a rumour. He never wanted to be here, he always thought he was slumming it by joining us, and we have a player who is much better than him (Wes) being played out of position just so we can fit this second-rate talent into the side. He has been a disaster since day one and buying him was a major reason we got relegated in my opinion and keeping him will be a major reason why we don''t get promoted. Just get rid - any money is a bonus.

I think the whole Naismith thing has been uncomfortable from start to finish. It took ages to prise him away from Everton & at the time I hoped we had signed someone to connect midfield to attack in the Prem. In truth, his energised game has not been witnessed much at CR though has it? Even during the pre-season game vs Coventry he was misfiring shots when you''d expect far better from an £8.5m ex-Prem player. Looking back, there was a reason lots of Everton supporters were gobsmacked at our generous offer!

With an abundance of attacking midfielders - especially Wes, Jarvis, Maddison, Canos, Pritchard & the Murphy''s, we can easily lose him with absolutely no need to recruit.

A move to his join his old manager would be best for all concerned providing we get a reasonable fee...

What is becoming increasingly clear is that we paid at least £5m over market value for a 29 year old forward who is not a striker. 

God bless the NC scouts and recruitment team. 
Still £5.10 is his current market value so if we can get anything close to 6, it will be good business.

£5m deal rumoured. Looks like this one has legs as they say. Still a saving on wages too plus we seem to be covered with midfield talent ( if Neil agrees to play his younger players that is). Perhaps Moyes might try him as a false No.9 😉

Lessingham Canary wrote:

''''Maybe this is why he has played so much recently in spite of his performances ? Moyes will believe he can get the best out of him, so good news all round.''''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What you mean so potential buyers can see how sh1te he is...?