Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

still plenty to play for

Plenty of negativity frustration and disappointment around for understandable reasons. That said we still have some very good players including exciting youngsters such as canos and murphys. I doubt we will be in the top 2 again this side of January but we are still capable of top 6 and if we are still in touch with the top 2 at Christmas then there may yet be a couple of half season signings that help us kick on. That said the reverse is also true and if we fall apart and are mid table at Christmas then many of the better players may be on their way to pl strugglers or championship promotion hopefuls come the January window

If Pritchard and Canos can match (or improve on) the form they showed for Brentford, we should be alright for Top 6.

Agree - the problem is if we had signed ten players yesterday some fans would have wanted twelve - we have what appears to be a good striker now on the books although am a bit concerned that we still have Naismith here who Neill seems to think has to put his name on the team sheet every game and also the fact that Neill constantly playing Brady at LB - now looking at a possible signing of Chamakh who could also improve the front line - we will not be a club who can attract the bigger names so let''s just accept what we have got and see where it takes us

I think we''ll drop too many points to get auto promotion, but the squad should be good enough to get to the play offs. We have to stay in contention up until January otherwise a few players like Brady and Klose might get itchy feet.

Agree with the sentiment, now I''m over the initial frustration of yesterday.

Dropping Naismith is the key imo. Persevere with him, and we won''t score enough to trouble the top 6 (but probably have enough to be in the top half). Drop Naismith and play the players who aren''t useless, and we have a decent chance of still being in touching distance of the top 2 in Jan.

I should add the caveat that both of my above assertions are based on Whittaker not being in the squad again. If Whittaker is in and around the starting 11 then we''ll be bottom half with Naismith, and mid-table if Naismith is dropped.