Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Ed Balls Twitter

Ed Balls

28m

Ed Balls ‏@edballs

Finished filming @bbcstrictly at 1130pm, now on way to @BBCr4today to talk about my new book, Speaking Out

What does this man actually do for our club? His interest clearly isn''t with NCFC. He must be completely oblivious to the transfer window & fans anger regarding it

For the umpteenth time, for the f ucking thickos who just can''t, or won''t, get it - Ed Balls has no say in the day-to-day running of the club. He''s the figurehead of the board and the transfer decisions are made by the chief-executive and management team. His appearances on Strictly will have no impact on Norwich City at all.

If you are going to be a whiny little troll, at least make sure you get your facts right before yet another attack on the club you''re supposed to support.

[quote user="The young canary"]It is up to everyone on this forum to go onto his Twitter and express their revulsion at the situation[/quote]

Good idea, what Ed needs at the moment is publicity to sell his book and you''ll be helping to do this by keeping his twitter profile high, you might even start him trending and that would bve even better.I''m sure if he could Ed would thank you personally.

Yeah, Mr Bowkett was just a forlorn and floundering figurehead.......He obviously had absolutely no input whatsoever in the running or guidance of the club.......Oh, and I bet he had two left feet and he couldn''t ''Pasa Doble''.......

C''mon!......Strictly starts soon.....Let''s cheer on Ed, he''s our ''Cha Cha Cha Cha-irman!........Everybody Salsa!.......Everybody Salsa!.......Everybody Salsa........Ed is going to win!........Oi!

What I''d like from the Chairman is a reason the club failed to deliver on Alex Neil''s expressed desire for at least two strikers? And why it was deemed necessary to ship out a promising young talent whilst allowing for one of our most expensive players of all time, to go on record saying that he was hopefully his agent could get him a loan deal at Sunderland? No trolling no abuse, just some answers to questions a lot of us supporters of this club feel we deserve. Can I suggest you follow your own advice on trollings / whiny / etc. Cheers

He''s getting a right hammering on twitter re his early morning tweet re Strictly & his book signing this morning including from Simon Thomas & Jake Humphrey.

No in my opinion it is his job & the CEO.

As chairman I''d rather that (as a figurehead) yesterday he was talking about our squad strengthening, rather than his book deal & strictly. As chairman who is accountable for this? Was it we had no money, was it a lack of expertise in the transfer market? Remember Alex Neil said when he came here last summer that we had no transfer policy.... this window was as bad if not worse. Complete failure to do the one thing you need to do to get up

No, the person who runs such things and is accountable is the CEO. He''s paid to do that job, the Chairman isn''t. I don''t recall any of our previous Chairmen commenting on or being called out in transfers, you have to wonder people''s motives.

[quote user="Diane"]He''s getting a right hammering on twitter re his early morning tweet re Strictly & his book signing this morning including from Simon Thomas & Jake Humphrey.[/quote]Those two journalistic heavy weights! Poor Ed he must be quivering in his patent leather shoes. [:)]

Jake an'' Simon are Norwich fans and they in their own right and in their own personal opinion, feel the need to criticise the club Chairman.......Now Mr Ed......."who is currently a heavyweight, but unfortunately not a heavyweight in the ''corridors of power'' anymore"......Will surely get that surplus timber off by him "trippin'' the light fantastic." Punishing routines and rehearsing his moves, coupled with him jivin'' an'' slidin'' under the studio spotlights - he''ll soon become a reborn lightweight........Which will be fitting and conducive with the other wtf do they actually do? ''Lightweights'' currently sitting on the NCFC board......

#"LAME! I WANNA LIMP FOREVER!"#

Yep I do question peoples motives.... As Ed Balls said on his appointment

"We did two things immediately when David resigned, because we hadn’t planned for that,” he said. “We embarked on a professional process to make the right long term hire and we then put immediate plans in place to handle this summer window. All our indications are the recruitment process is going well.

“I thought the deal we got for Nathan Redmond was a good deal, but we are not a selling club. We have targets and these things takes time and Alex wants to bring the right players in. The fact Sergi Canos had a lot of choices on the table, including staying where he was, shows we are an attractive proposition.”

I think (and no you won''t change my mind.. just in case you want to stop wasting your time) he needs to say why this has failed. You can hardly ask a CEO who has been here two minutes to answer for this shambles can you?

ANYWAY, the point is the club needs to start explaining who is responsible and what they are going to do about it.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]He is the chairman.

He oversees decisions by the management team.

They are responsible for transfers.[/quote]

If you want to get specific, the chairman doesn''t oversee the management team. The MD , or CEO does.

The point being made here is quite natural , that the timing of this ridiculous book selling tweet could have been better (or perhaps not at all)

Some would say the ring of steel being placed by Delia to protect herself is starting to look rather shambolic. Some on the other hand would say it is excellent governance and successional planning. You take your pick.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]He''s got to pay his bills like everyone else. Yes the timing isn''t great but he has other interests other than his volunteer chairmanship of us...[/quote]

Binner

Just like Fry was, he''s there to deliver a vote for Supreme and Great Leaders, just like the Dear Leader''s role on the politburo, oops I mean board.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Just like Fry was, he''s there to deliver a vote for Supreme and Great Leaders, just like the Dear Leader''s role on the politburo, oops I mean board.[/quote]Unlike other clubs where the chair of the board is constantly criticising the owners?

Well I''m a little more compassion for Ed, he''s really worried about his jive, poor guy.

For me I''ve always found the conga a real struggle, how to join, where the best place to be is, front leading or back, I often wait till a cracking lady joins, then I get in.

The other real bugger is that birdy song, Jesus do you flap, wiggle your arse or walk around like a budgie!

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Unlike other clubs where the owner is the chairman or joint chairman (e.g. Newcastle United) or significant shareholder in the owning group.[/quote]Newcastle United don''t have a chairman or joint chairman at the moment, Companies House has 1 active director, Lee Charnley, Director & Company Secretary.

Appreciate that the Chairman not involved in the day to day running etc.

That said, would we be able to sanction a £10m+ signing without board approval?

Probably not the most prudent move of Mr Balls to tweet about dancing as the window shuts on more missed opportunities for NCFC

Surely you all realise that the Ed Balls of this world live in a little bubble. I know Mr Bowkett personally and can assure you he spent more time at CR than he did at home

PS Mr Balls and Pixie have you taken in the immigrants you promised to give a bed to