Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Let's face it.......

After the no show during this transfer window, yet again. Does this confirm that the champs is our natural home?

We do not have the resources of overseas owners, but would we truly want it any other way. Most have no true feeling for the clubs they own, just perhaps in and out to make a few million. (Hull and many others)

Not totally defending our present owners, but I don''t think any one could accuse them of not having true feelings for NCFC

Would any of us like Marcus Evens or any of his like to own our club?

The biggest worry is not that we can''t compete financially with bigger/prem clubs, its that we cannot seem to compete with clubs in this league

More & more clubs in the Champs have been taken over, yet we seem to be getting left behind by those, despite spending 4 out of 5 years in the Prem

I''m really disappointed but still think our squad is good enough to go up. Let''s re-assess after next two home games. If we''re not in better position, something is wrong - on the other hand, we could be top two in which case the panic subsides!

Sport is about ambition and winning not settling for second best. Look at Stoke, West Ham, Palace, Sunderland, Watford, Leicester and bloody Bournmouth for heavens sake. All similar size clubs that have savvy owners and boardroom staff. NCFC has a fabulous footballing heritage, the Club has a reputation for playing an attractive passing game, sadly missing over recent years. We have been left behind and should have capitalised on the opportunity that is the PL. There is no doubt in my mind that to be competitive now you have to have to be prepared to take some risks and invest. Not being ageist but we need younger owners to t/o who have the drive and ambition to take this fantastic club forward but the message from CR is quite clear - there is no deal to be done. That is the most frustrating thing as there are investors who would have come in but the longer this lack of serious firepower persists the harder it will be to remain competitive. with a full house for each home game there is no reason for the owners to change their business plan as the good people of Norfolk will continue to show their amazing and unstinting support come what may. Good business for the shareholders!

For me I wouldn''t want a faceless owner with no affinity for the club or understanding of our history. I guess that means that having less bucks to spend as a consequence.

It does mean though that we have to make the most of our opportunities when they come. The Premiership money is now so big that owner money and other income become less important.

Not shipping AN out last season when he was struggling to find a method of playing that got the best from our squad and chopping and changing formations and selections may well come back and bite us on the bum.

The same opportunity is facing us now. We have a decent squad, even after the disappointing transfer window, but we need a leader who can get it to overachieve. IMO we have left it several months too late to bring in an experienced manager but it is still possible that someone like Bruce with a track record of getting the best out of teams could take us up.

The opportunity is not yet lost.

If we don''t have the finances to compete with some of the bigger boys that''s fine I can deal with that, with that being said that means we have to scout our players from the lower leagues and also teams around the world and do our homework. This means that our players won''t cost tens of millions but a lesser amount and then we can still compete on the pitch.

What I do find frustrating is that the club have not come out and said anything and if they think that bringing in a player like Chamakh (or however it''s spelt) is the answer, then the club are asking the wrong questions.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]For me I wouldn''t want a faceless owner with no affinity for the club or understanding of our history. I guess that means that having less bucks to spend as a consequence.

It does mean though that we have to make the most of our opportunities when they come. The Premiership money is now so big that owner money and other income become less important.

Not shipping AN out last season when he was struggling to find a method of playing that got the best from our squad and chopping and changing formations and selections may well come back and bite us on the bum.

The same opportunity is facing us now. We have a decent squad, even after the disappointing transfer window, but we need a leader who can get it to overachieve. IMO we have left it several months too late to bring in an experienced manager but it is still possible that someone like Bruce with a track record of getting the best out of teams could take us up.

The opportunity is not yet lost.[/quote]If we''re nigh on half way through the season and 7th in the League where Neil Adams had us when he was forced to resign and AN took over, then the Board must surely deem it fit to serve the latter with his notice.