Sign in to follow this  
Regime Change

I expected us to lose

Considering the reduced size of the squad this season, and the current number of injuries, I thought a draw would be a positive result against Luton and that a win was unlikely.

I really don''t understand why there seem to be some supporters using this result as justification of Worthy.  I was not at the match but from the report i have read the first 45 minutes seem to have been fairly shambolic and the players should take some of the blame.  I think it says a lot about the attitude of some of the squad that it is left to one of the youngest members of the team to apologise for such a poor display, whilst more experienced players who have been with the club longer have maintained a deafening silence.

Worthy cannot be held responsible for everything that goes wrong at the club, IMO he is one of the best Managers the club has had, and I cannot think of anybody willing to come to the club who would do a better job.

I use to be in the Worthy Out Camp but I think it is time to get off the mans back!

So, Scott, who IS responsible? Who is responsible for having just 4 midfield players in the first team squad? The groundsman? Who is responsible for keeping one of them on the bench on Tuesday whilst a left back played in central midfield? It''s certainly not the kit man. Who is responsible for having a squad of players who look demotivated, confused about tactics and formations, and not enjoying their football by the looks of it? Anyway, you don''t need to worry, the Board hasn''t got the courage to do the right thing and sack him.   

Hi Scott

I don''t  know the protocol, if any, or status of players which would lead to who does what interview, personally I don''t set much store by them as no player is really going to say, publically, that  he thinks the manager is crap, now is he?

Yes, the players don''t get away with blame scot free, but they are led by a manager who supposedly instills some sort of game plan into them before kickoff.  Recently they just all look lost, and not only the ones out of position. 

Luton was one of the worst displays I have seen in recent years, there have been worse, Preston away a few years ago, 4-0 at half time wasn''t great either!  And remember in Walker MkII, Port Vale and West Brom away, 5-1 and 6-1 losses.  They were great too

However, in every managerial capacity, ultimately the responsibilty and therefore the blame, or praise goes to the person at the top, which is Worthy.  He has not learnt from previous years and although we have stumbled from loss to win (Brighton and Ipswich), with all due respect, we should be at least able to beat a few teams above us in the league if we are to have any promotion credentials at all.

Hi Gazza

I''m not suggesting Worthy has done nothing wrong and does not deserve some of the blame, but he seems to be on the receiving end of most of it.

IMO the club and squad are both in a better position than pre-Worthy and I cannot think of any potential manager willing to come to the club who could a better job in the short-term or long-term.

I think Worthy deserves the chance to turn things around and get us back in the Premier League.

[quote]Considering the reduced size of the squad this season, and the current number of injuries, I thought a draw would be a positive result against Luton and that a win was unlikely. I really don''t unders...[/quote]

well said mate.

[quote]well said mate.[/quote]

allways -you dont have to post an agree note with every post that has a keepworthy sentiment - I could do the same with every post I agree with but other than bumping up my post tally does not really add anything to a discussion.  We know your views - and if scott agrees with you all power to him for saying so.

What value would there by in going ''poor judgement to agree with that allways?''

OTBC

[quote]allways -you dont have to post an agree note with every post that has a keepworthy sentiment - I could do the same with every post I agree with but other than bumping up my post tally does not really ...[/quote]

Interesting that your signature states to "kick posting abuse out" and yet often times I see you posting it is to say something derisive about one of your fellow posters. Just leave it be.

[quote]Interesting that your signature states to "kick posting abuse out" and yet often times I see you posting it is to say something derisive about one of your fellow posters. Just leave it be.[/quote]

Absolutely agree Crazy Eddie.

Link - please don''t speak for me when you say that the Board won''t do the right thing and sack Worthy. It''s what you think is right, but it is not unanimous. Perhaps the Board ARE doing the right thing!Just suppose another manager came in, and played the same team because of our injuries. Where would that leave these arguments?I say again as I have before - why do people assume that changing managers is the answer to all our problems? On what evidence (from the history of our own and other clubs) is that based? Because I just don''t see clubs usually having success (promotion) on the back of a manager change. I think it happens less than 50% of the time, which means it''s more likely not to happen. So why blow a million quid just to see?The amusing thing for me would be this: we have to sell Deano to finance changing manager. Because we''ve lost our best striker we don''t get promotion. People can then claim that that''s all part of the mess created by Worthy....