Sign in to follow this  
Snake Pit Rebel

False Position!!

I presume you werent at todays game DumbleDelia, otherwise you wouldnt sound so confident.

OK thats just one game, but did we look like a top of the table side last week either, or on Boxing Day for that matter?

The reality is that we''re not the best team in this league, but so far this season we have proved to be more consistent than the better teams. Unfortunately our consistency tends to dissolve after Christmas and whilst I dont think we should start to panic just yet, I think some serious worrying would be in order.

the "reality is that we are top and there is not ONE team that is any more consistent than us. I am truly amazed that anyone can say that there are better teams in the league than us! Yes there are teams that have (on paper) better sides than us but the team has played all of the oposition , won some drawn some and lost some,but we are top with a lot less than half of the season left so it is not bl**dy luck that we are where we are it is down to team work and I include the fans in that

The league table cannot lie and on the games played so far we have gained more points than anyone else. The best team in the division is the one that is top at the end of the season. I am a staunch canary supporter but I am not afraid to admit when a team has played better than us on the day. There have been games like Derby and Forest at home where we have not necessarily been the best side on the night, but have taken the points. On other occasions such as Ipswich, Derby, Walsall away we have been brilliant and deserved to win.

I did not get to the Rotherham game but I did watch the Sheff Utd game on Sky, and I thought both those teams on the night played excellent football. There is still a long way to go and results like the 3 - 3 draw between Sheff Utd and West Ham do help us. We will know if we are to be the best at the end of the season if we perform well against both those sides when they come to Carrow Road.

Our fate is still in our own hands and with the exception of Sunderland all the other teams hoping to knock us off top position have to come to Carrow Road. 11 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats is still the best home record in the league. If by the 7 Mar it reads 15 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats then we will be a lot closer to being able to call ourselves the best side in the league.

I fail to see how being Top is a false position...didnt we have to get more points than any other team to be Top? Therefroe it cannot be a false position. QED!!

If we are in a false position. Why is it that we have only picked up 1 point in january and no other team have taken the top spot off us. Baggies drew, sheff utd drew, sunderland lost. enough of the negatives. support your team!!!!!!!!!!!! We have scored 15 goals in dec/jan the defence needs to be looked at but the attack is worthy of it''s position. OTBC

Every team has off days. But like I say 2 games don''t make a season. We are making a mountain out of a mole hill here WorthyOut. We are top of the league because we deserve to be. Only one team has scored more goals than us, only two have concided less and we''ve got the best goal difference.

I don''t think we''re any worse than any of these other so called ''big sides''. We''re bigger than the Div 1 regulars (Sheff Utd, Millwall, Ipwich, Wigan, Preston) and just because sides like West Ham and Sunderland have been in the Prem recently doesn''t mean they are any bigger or better than us now.

It''s points on the board that count on the final day of the season and in my opinion we thoroughly deserve to be where we are now.