Sign in to follow this  
eddie1

The club did try for a big signing last night

Yes the sycophantic Mick Dennis tried the same "well we didn''t sell anyone" routine on Twatter last night and was roundly ticked off by Chris Sutton for the usual (and wholly predictable) glowing support of the board.

If fact this is a nonsense as keeping Brady (who isn''t performing) is seen as a positive , but no mention is made of the failure to get rid of highly paid unwanted players (who interestingly includes Ruddy) . My guess is that this failure is the reason why we didn''t sign anyone. I simply don''t believe that the Naismith and Ruddy thing started (and failed) yesterday , and I do think that the £100k per week wages saving for these two alone, was earmarked to go towards new signings. The ncfc transfer policy generally involves selling as well as buying, and to this end , the domino effect didn''t happen.

[quote user="GPB"]Yes the sycophantic Mick Dennis tried the same "well we didn''t sell anyone" routine on Twatter last night and was roundly ticked off by Chris Sutton for the usual (and wholly predictable) glowing support of the board.

If fact this is a nonsense as keeping Brady (who isn''t performing) is seen as a positive , but no mention is made of the failure to get rid of highly paid unwanted players (who interestingly includes Ruddy) . My guess is that this failure is the reason why we didn''t sign anyone. I simply don''t believe that the Naismith and Ruddy thing started (and failed) yesterday , and I do think that the £100k per week wages saving for these two alone, was earmarked to go towards new signings. The ncfc transfer policy generally involves selling as well as buying, and to this end , the domino effect didn''t happen.[/quote]How do you suggest we force other clubs to make acceptable offers for players (particularly those on high wages) we don''t want to keep and force those players to agree to the transfers?

Ah, my dear old Purple, and the old "highlight a few words and take issue with it" routine. Well done.

Any comment on the rest of the post? I''m genuinely interested in your views.

If you read the lunchtime pinkun debate Paddy Davitt has confirmed we tried to get Rhodes on loan but Boro only wanted a perm deal

Business should have been done earlier but it''s just so weird why we can''t get business done. Maybe a bad rep with our club in the football community? Agents don''t like us? Agents wanting to do business with only certain other people?

It certainly seems to be it''s not what you know it''s who you know and we don''t know anyone. We need someone with a portfolio to come in with links and ability to sign players.

Location is important, as is wages (I.e we are a rich club but don''t have the backing for individual massive wage packages due to lack of investment) I don''t accept "we are being tight" etc that''s just stupid as we''ve clearly spent money and have money to spend people don''t want to know us. Need to find out why because the lack of a striker might cost us dearly

I don''t blame Alex, think he''s done everything he could transfer wise, but he now needs to do now is be bold and be strong. Play who you want to play in the positions you want them to. You kind of get the feeling he''s bein dictated to a bit. Get them fit and get them playing because we certainly have a team in there that can do damage.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="GPB"]Yes the sycophantic Mick Dennis tried the same "well we didn''t sell anyone" routine on Twatter last night and was roundly ticked off by Chris Sutton for the usual (and wholly predictable) glowing support of the board.

If fact this is a nonsense as keeping Brady (who isn''t performing) is seen as a positive , but no mention is made of the failure to get rid of highly paid unwanted players (who interestingly includes Ruddy) . My guess is that this failure is the reason why we didn''t sign anyone. I simply don''t believe that the Naismith and Ruddy thing started (and failed) yesterday , and I do think that the £100k per week wages saving for these two alone, was earmarked to go towards new signings. The ncfc transfer policy generally involves selling as well as buying, and to this end , the domino effect didn''t happen.[/quote]How do you suggest we force other clubs to make acceptable offers for players (particularly those on high wages) we don''t want to keep and force those players to agree to the transfers?[/quote]We could explain to them that they are no longer wanted here, that their chances of first team football at the club are remote and offer to pay the shortfall in wages from the buying club for a period of time?

PurpleCanary wrote:

GPB wrote:

Yes the sycophantic Mick Dennis tried the same "well we didn''t sell anyone" routine on Twatter last night and was roundly ticked off by Chris Sutton for the usual (and wholly predictable) glowing support of the board. If fact this is a nonsense as keeping Brady (who isn''t performing) is seen as a positive , but no mention is made of the failure to get rid of highly paid unwanted players (who interestingly includes Ruddy) . My guess is that this failure is the reason why we didn''t sign anyone. I simply don''t believe that the Naismith and Ruddy thing started (and failed) yesterday , and I do think that the £100k per week wages saving for these two alone, was earmarked to go towards new signings. The ncfc transfer policy generally involves selling as well as buying, and to this end , the domino effect didn''t happen.

How do you suggest we force other clubs to make acceptable offers for players (particularly those on high wages) we don''t want to keep and force those players to agree to the transfers?

We could explain to them that they are no longer wanted here, that their chances of first team football at the club are remote and offer to pay the shortfall in wages from the buying club for a period of time?

What you seem to be saying IBT is that there is an interpretation of "acceptable offer" that Purple hasn''t considered? Hmmm, interesting . I wish I could highlight that and perhaps use a different coloured font.

[quote user="GPB"]Ah, my dear old Purple, and the old "highlight a few words and take issue with it" routine. Well done.

Any comment on the rest of the post? I''m genuinely interested in your views.[/quote]What I highlighted was all you had to say on a particular point of our conduct of the transfer window, so I wasn''t taking a few words out of context. Not that this concerns you, but I see one poster has come up with an expensive (for us) and by no means certain to work answer to the second part of this problem but no answer to the first - and more vital - part of first persuading other clubs to pay good money for players we want to offload. As to you saying you are genuinely interested in my thoughts, your next post would suggest otherwise. Probably very sensible of you, and it is a sunny day, after all.

[quote user="Buh"]Business should have been done earlier but it''s just so weird why we can''t get business done. Maybe a bad rep with our club in the football community? Agents don''t like us? Agents wanting to do business with only certain other people?

It certainly seems to be it''s not what you know it''s who you know and we don''t know anyone. We need someone with a portfolio to come in with links and ability to sign players.

Location is important, as is wages (I.e we are a rich club but don''t have the backing for individual massive wage packages due to lack of investment) I don''t accept "we are being tight" etc that''s just stupid as we''ve clearly spent money and have money to spend people don''t want to know us. Need to find out why because the lack of a striker might cost us dearly

I don''t blame Alex, think he''s done everything he could transfer wise, but he now needs to do now is be bold and be strong. Play who you want to play in the positions you want them to. You kind of get the feeling he''s bein dictated to a bit. Get them fit and get them playing because we certainly have a team in there that can do damage.[/quote]

I bet you paused to wipe your brow and take a breath after writing that thoughtful, constructive and rather positive post, Buh.

It isn''t sunny everywhere Purple. That''s a bit of a generalisation.

Anyway, back to the grind. Enjoy the rest of your day.

[quote user="eddie1"] So maybe people will stop ranting at the board . [/quote]

F''kin idiot. The whole reason why people are furious at the board is exactly this reason if true. No reason why this transfer could have been made in first week in July.

Just going to put it out there to whichever poster said it- there is no fucking way that Ruddy and Naismith are on a combined £100k a week. Jesus.

I think our transfer business is being run by my wife - she loves a deadline, only thing is she also thinks it''s a startline.

One year she had to get an essay physically to an office in East London by 5pm. She caught the 2.30 pm train at Diss and arrived at 4.45pm, only to find the office closed.

This year she had to submit her essay by t''interwebnet thingy and 12pm was the deadline. She started trying at 11.50am and found she couldn''t submit it (the system had crashed, due to the other thousands of last minute Charlies).

I''m pretty sure she was on the phone to someone at 10.50pm last night, and I think I heard her ask "Can he kick a ball and does he know where the net is?"

I do find all this "woe is me" stuff a bit OTT - I am very pleased with the purchase of Pritchard, Nelson and McGovern for app £11M and to have kept the services of Klose and Brady. Seems to me most of our business was in place before the final day. OK, another striker would have been nice but I can live with what we''ve got.

I find the Jerome Sinclair thing interesting. Why were we pursuing him if the coaches thought he wasn''t any better than we had? Either Alex Neil is floundering around looking at the wrong targets, or, more likely perhaps, this cabal of Darnborough, Martin and some scouting company are so utterly useless that they can''t identify who we could actually benefit from and totally out of touch. Either way the new CEO should stand tall and hold someone accountable for this shambles.

On the face of it it seems odd, but maybe the club got wind of a more suitable option?

AS I SAID BEFORE NORWICH COULD HAVE SIGNED HIM FOR 11 MILLION WHAT HE COST BORO BUT NORWICH ONLY WANTED LOAN.HE WOULD HAVE GOT THAT 15/20 GOALS IN THIS DIVISION,IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO BUY HIM IN THE JAN WINDOW.

!!WHAT A SHAMBLES!!!

Had JR been signed I would be feeling a lot more confident about this season. But I fear the problems in the team go deeper, and IMO there are too many players consistently underperforming for our relegation to be solely down to the quality of player. When I look at what we have available we should be capable of doing what we did to Blackburn on a regular basis against good sides. But even last season we only seemed to win when the opposition had an off day. I am worried in particular about why we seem to start games so poorly. So, much as JR would have nicely supplemented a thin looking strikeforce, our real issues seem to lie elsewhere.