Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Where does this leave Naismith ?

How would he be an impact sub Broadstairs? Not having a pop, just interested how you''ve come to this conclusion as the one word I certainly wouldn''t put near Naismith since he arrived is "impact".

I think he, as any player can, still join another club or at least all the details put into place. But he couldn''t play for them until January 1st.Doesn''t stop us agreeing a fee with an interested club, the player agreeing terms and even training with them. Set it all up and make it "official" when the window opens with documentation etc. it''s been done before, not least in May when clubs were ''buying'' players before the window opened again.

Chip20 wrote the following post at 01/09/2016 3:38 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

I have never witnessed so much cheering as when he was substituted at Birmingham...

I presume you couldn''t make it to Wembley when we got promoted then, Crafty?

I don''t recall Naismith being substituted at Wembley, possibly because we hadn''t signed him then.

A low-impact sub maybe?

Seriously if half of what we were told about hit attitude by Everton fans is true, he needs to make a massive effort to contribute on the pitch and win the fans over. Sadly for me he''s looking more like the stereotype of a player who takes a step down towards the end of his career and can''t be bothered that much.

Not sure what to make of this Naismith situation. Was he trying to engineer a move? Did the club try to engineer a move? Will be be gone in Jan? Shucks post is good for thought.

Anyway. If he wants to build bridges with the fans he should follow the Lafferty example and draw his wages while playing the odd U23 or cup games. Score a couple in the process. Then dear old Crafty will be deafened by the cheering when he finally gets brought on as sub for the first team....

"How would he be an impact sub Broadstairs? Not having a pop, just interested how you''ve come to this conclusion as the one word I certainly wouldn''t put near Naismith since he arrived is "impact". "

True, but he would probably have nuisance value against tiring legs.

He has a reputation for being busy and for scoring goals at times (nb. "reputation.)

I think I read about that somewhere so it might have been how he was often employed at Everton."

If, as has been reported here and elsewhere, Naismith didn''t move to Sunderland because his personal terms weren''t met, I think it removes the obligation, if there is one, for AN and the Club to play him or even put him on the bench.

Many people think that playing Naismith prevents others from playing in their best positions or for others playing at all.

He has a choice. Pull his socks up and start performing, if not for us for professional pride until he gets a move in January. The better he plays, the better the move he''lol get in January. Or he can sulk and not perform and piss his career away on this contract as his last big pay day.

His choice.

We need to boo him at every opportunity until he is dropped and then sold. He is a negative influence in our club and we have to get rid asap.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Crafty Canary"] I have never witnessed so much cheering as when he was substituted at Birmingham...[/quote]
[/quote]

Its Naismith current form that matters, not the past.

On current form he is a waste of a transfer fee and his wages and i can''t see him getting any better

"Quality " "Class" and now even "pedigree" - I''ve heard all the superlatives for this guy now and wonder how any of these can relate to the guy. The problem with Naismith is not his attitude or fitness - it''s skill - he hasn''t got any ! He''s hasn''t got pace either. I don''t know if he''s a has-been that''s now too old or he''s always been B grade. I''ll rather bring Hucks back into the team ? at least he''s got skill & pace.

I agree with most of what''s been written on this thread. If you plays we haven''t a chance. Like last season - AN playing him instead of Hoolahan was sheer folly & negligence - just throwing away our premiership status like it was easy to come by.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Him and Whittaker should not appear again.[/quote]

It was unbelieveable that Whittaker got a new contract in the summer and he has been responsible for three of the five goals we have conceeded in the league.

A player like Naismith doesn''t suddenly become a bad player overnight.

Not sure why it hasn''t really worked for him here but maybe something to do with the way the team has been set up.

I know he hasn''t exactly set the world on fire since he has been here but I don''t really see that he justifies getting the stick that he has been getting.

I''m confident that he will come good as long as AN can set the team up in the right way to get the best of him.

I certainly wouldn''t be dropping him from the team yet - what''s that going to achieve?

Jimmy, you superstar!

Before I post about Naismith, Jimmy Bone was one of a hellva player and we could do with a Bone type player right now.

As for Naismith, dropping him (and Whittaker) would improve the side!

Some of the responses on this post are ludicrous. Booing one of our own players is completely counter productive, no matter what your view on them.

Jimmy Bone - Superstar wrote the following post at 01/09/2016 8:56 PM:

A player like Naismith doesn''t suddenly become a bad player overnight.

Not sure why it hasn''t really worked for him here but maybe something to do with the way the team has been set up.

I know he hasn''t exactly set the world on fire since he has been here but I don''t really see that he justifies getting the stick that he has been getting.

I''m confident that he will come good as long as AN can set the team up in the right way to get the best of him.

I certainly wouldn''t be dropping him from the team yet - what''s that going to achieve?

Your first sentence is interesting - doesn''t become a bad player overnight.... Maybe not, but the extrapolation of that is that he was a good one in the first place. He was never more than a bit part player for Everton. He spent 3.5 seasons there and his appearances were mainly from the bench - he made 13, 13, 22 and 4 starts in those 3.5 seasons. They never saw him as more than a squad player, and I do recall their fans being stunned at the fee they got for him, although being disappointed to see him go. Squad player at Everton means he wasn''t a "bad" player, but if he was that good, he would have forced his way into the team more regularly you would think.

The stick he has been getting is because we spent an awful lot of money on him by our standards, and he simply hasn''t produced.

I have seen NOTHING that warrants us setting the team up around him to be honest. If we''re to set the team up around anyone, surely it''s around the players who are in decent form, rather than setting it all up for Naismith and hoping he can suddenly be bothered to pull out this talent he''s been hiding from everyone? I would also contend that by putting an in-form Wes out on the left to allow Naismith to play in his favoured position, we are already making far more allowance than he deserves and he is still not producing.

How would you set the team up to get the best out of him? He''s absolutely static, he''s not creative, he''s slow, what changes do you think AN should be making?

What would dropping him achieve? Well it would allow Wes who is in decent form to play in the role where he is effective, it would allow us attacking balance as Wes wouldn''t be stuck out on the left to accomodate SN. Having pace out wide each side would help shift the defence about to allow Wes and whoever is playing up front to operate. It would also exchange a player who is utterly ineffective to be replaced by someone who might be in better form and able to actually contribute to the team. With Naismith and wes, we are too easy to defend against. No pace, no movement andall the opposition have to do is crowd the box in central areas and they will stop us, because we have no width. One of Wes or SN needs to be dropped to allow us some balance and pace in the attacking third, and I''m struggling to see any reason to drop Wes and keep Naismith in the team.

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]Oh to have that pair here now Donkey, we certainly wouldn''t be talking about lack of effort[/quote]
Trevor Hockey really should be in our Hall of Fame. But I guess with just 13 appearances it was never likely to happen. Has a player ever had so much love from fans of a club he only played for 13 times!?!?
Hard to believe it''s nearly 30 years since he passed. Will always be a legend to me.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Chip20 wrote the following post at 01/09/2016 3:38 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

I have never witnessed so much cheering as when he was substituted at Birmingham...

I don''t recall Naismith being substituted at Wembley, possibly because we hadn''t signed him then.[/quote]
What the actual fark are you on about, Crafty? You stated you have never heard as much cheering as you did when Naismith was substituted at Birmingham. My response was quite clear that there was a lot more cheering to be witnessed that day at Wembley, which you must have missed if the cheering of the substitution was the most you have ever witnessed. I''ve heard greater cheering at other significant matches too. Methinks you exaggerate a little me ol'' mucker.
You brain ain''t working very well if you really think I was comparing the cheering of respective Naismith substitutions rather than the cheering following promotion vs the cheering following the sub at Brum.
D''oh!