Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Where does this leave Naismith ?

A lot of fence mending to do, or let his backside grow large on the bench and his big pile of a salary! Summat makes me think that given his demeanour so far the latter .......

[quote user="The young canary"]He will now be the scap goat for all our ills and so he should be ![/quote]Will you boo him when he runs out young''un?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The young canary"]He will now be the scap goat for all our ills and so he should be ![/quote]Will you boo him when he runs out young''un?[/quote]

Indeed I will in fact I will leave the Gunn club and boo him into the ground and boo him when he leaves. I will follow him down the street and boo him. When he climbs into bed at night I will creep up under the duvet and boo him to sleep.

I will boo him until he leaves our club the mercenary b@stard

Fans are anti Naismith because he contributes little to the team, inspects the grass too often and berates younger players when he should be setting them an example. I have never witnessed so much cheering as when he was substituted at Birmingham or the anger directed at him for his lack of effort before that.

Now he makes clear he is not really interested in being here but fails to ameliorate his demands to facilitate a move and there are still some who think he doesn''t deserve criticism. He''s been a huge waste of money and should not be in the team until he shows a significant improvement in both attitude and performance.

It leaves Naismith as a professional sportsman at a football club where he has to start producing his best form.  Up to now he has looked limited - does some good things and some poor things - but seems to lack something extra, which we all feel he should have.He has the pedigree and experience to know how to produce his best form, as he showed at times for Everton, so it''s up to him now. He needs to start winning us over, otherwise it''s going to be a long and difficult season for him.

lets not lay all the blame with Naismith.

NCFC were obviously prepared to let him go.

Terms could not be agreed. Perhaps Sunderland would not pay him enough; perhaps they would not agree on valuation.

He remains here, and we should support him to do his best for us whilst he remains here. This transfer may be concluded in January, much like when he came here 12months ago.

No way

The bloke can''t head it run very fast his passing is so so

he falls over a lot and he rants at his team mates and doesn''t look fit

Added to which he doesn''t want to stay and fight

Just fuck off you waste of space

Naismith has been woeful since he arrived. He clearly doesn''t want to be here, and never wanted to come in the first place. For some reason AN seems hell bent on shoehorning him into the side at the expense of Wes playing in his preferred position.

Frankly I don''t care how much he cost, or how much he''s earning, I''d let him rot.

at the end of the day he had a job offer from another club, sent his advisors to see about it, did not like what was offered and decided to stay here much like happens to many people within their working life, pretty much leaves him in the same position he started in

Where does this leave Naismith? First on the team sheet as usual unless AN finally realises that talking tough is easy but acting tough requires genuine courage.So he''ll play against Cardiff, he''ll be shit and spend most of the time with his mercenary ass on the grass, while he''s looking around for some poor 20-year-old he can blame for his own inadequacies.Since AN seems determined to play him every game, I think we can forget all about promotion. Buying Naismith rather than a footballer with skill who actually tries to earn his wages was probably the largest factor in our relegation; keeping him and playing him will ensure we have no chance whatsoever of going back up.For me, the worst outcome of this transfer window was not getting rid of this player who has been a totally negative influence on our club since the moment he arrived.

He needed dropping before all this for his own good

Now? Guy needs to be pre-dropped.

Period of reflection required, don''t care how much he''s on. Words can''t describe how badly I want Pritchard fit and ready, damn.

[quote user="canarybubbles"]Where does this leave Naismith? First on the team sheet as usual unless AN finally realises that talking tough is easy but acting tough requires genuine courage.So he''ll play against Cardiff, he''ll be shit and spend most of the time with his mercenary ass on the grass, while he''s looking around for some poor 20-year-old he can blame for his own inadequacies.Since AN seems determined to play him every game, I think we can forget all about promotion. Buying Naismith rather than a footballer with skill who actually tries to earn his wages was probably the largest factor in our relegation; keeping him and playing him will ensure we have no chance whatsoever of going back up.For me, the worst outcome of this transfer window was not getting rid of this player who has been a totally negative influence on our club since the moment he arrived.[/quote]

^ This 100% ^

[quote user="Crafty Canary"] I have never witnessed so much cheering as when he was substituted at Birmingham...[/quote]
I presume you couldn''t make it to Wembley when we got promoted then, Crafty?

It leaves him exactly as before, a lot to prove to warrant his price tag. If he wants to leave he''ll have to play better to attract clubs!

RE: AN always picking him. I''ve heard it''s in his contract he has to play.

But him and Whittaker will play again as our illustrious manager seems to think they are better than other squad options. Beggars belief really. I''m sure the fans will make it perfectly clear what they think of him.

[quote user="AJ"]RE: AN always picking him. I''ve heard it''s in his contract he has to play.[/quote]
That whiffs of bull poo poo to me. I would be absolutely staggered if this were true (not that we would ever find out).

KeiranShikari wrote the following post at 01/09/2016 4:54 PM:

The same place it left Olsson after he tried to move to West Brom a couple of years ago?

Not even close. Olsson wanted to move, but he''s always tried for us, and never plumbed the depths Naismith has with his inept displays. Olsson had enough good will for it not to matter, Naismith is just a stroppy little so and so, who thinks he is better than he is, and offers us nothing, and as such will find the fans on his case a whole lot quicker.

He''ll probably pick up a strategic injury whilst on international duty for Scotland this week-end.

I would hope that a transfer out is already being worked upon by the Club and by the player''s agent.

Sunderland still can''t be ruled out either, imo.

Knowing that he is in the shop widow so to speak will hopefully bring out the best of the player. I would rate him as a more than decent impact sub at this level so hopefully that would be his designated role until sold.