Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

First Wizard

One of the few posters who was actually capable of p*ssing me off slightly with some of his ridiculous posts and his sudden changes in opinion!
Evidently a Norwich fan, also evidently a very unusual one...
RIP Wiz!

I think Wiz would have been delighted at this thread, even in death he''s managing to stir the pot!
He was a loyal City fan for many years andregardless of how many times his opinion flip flopped he clearly loved Norwich City.
RIP

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="iron_stan"]r.i.p[/quote]
Strong letters.
[/quote]i think its funny how given the age of the internet and forums (which lets face it are mostly a dead medium these days) that quite a lot of people dont realise many people are "playing a character" and are actually quite reasonable people in person, yet upon the death of someone, who tbh ive probably argued with on here at some point, some seem to want to keep digging and whining like little battymen

rip, i didnt know him, im sure his opinons were both valid and not at time, and annoyed many, otbc

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="iron_stan"]r.i.p[/quote]
Strong letters.
[/quote]i think its funny how given the age of the internet and forums (which lets face it are mostly a dead medium these days) that quite a lot of people dont realise many people are "playing a character" and are actually quite reasonable people in person, yet upon the death of someone, who tbh ive probably argued with on here at some point, some seem to want to keep digging and whining like little battymen

rip, i didnt know him, im sure his opinons were both valid and not at time, and annoyed many, otbc[/quote]
It was a little light humor to cheer a somber thread. Nothing personal. OTBC.

Not posted on here for about 4 years due to the trolling by some, but remember so many great posts and good banter, my thoughts go out to family and close friends in such difficult times. RIP Wiz I hope heaven is blessed with yellow and green & you meet up with past family, friends and departed city legends. #OTBC

Very saddened to hear this, and slightly shocked despite knowing he was not particularly well. Nothing two faced from myself as despite a few battles with Wiz in the mid 2000''s, I learned over time how to tolerate his slightly strong views particularly towards our owners, and actually quite liked the old git! - personally, I''ve never held a grudge with folk I have strong disagreements with on a message board, and that very much includes Dave, everyone is entitled to their opinion and anyway, the next day I often find myself agreeing with the same poster whom I''ve argued with the day before, Wiz was no exception! - play the post and not the poster at the end of the day, it should never become truly personal. Wiz was a controversial chap on here but to be honest I found the old fella very frustrating more than anything - he could be quite offensive towards the likes of Delia one day but the next day almost quite lovable! I will actually miss him and send my very best wishes to his family - it''s quite ironic he decided to get out before another disastrous deadline day, only Wiz! 😉👏

RIP Dave, you will be missed, and more than played your part on this very NCFC message board fella 👍

Some people seemed to has missed the point of the persona Wiz portrayed, 90% of his threads were designed to infuriate people and attract a reaction from us and he was bloody good at it with most the threads he started running into many,many pages. Myself and many others here would argue our point to no avail and that is what he wanted. A controversial poster but one you could not help but admire for the size of the threads he could get rolling with just a few choice words. We may have argued with him but I for one didn''t hate the old fella,like i said"you had to admire" what he could do.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The current trolls our a very poor imitation...[/quote]

Aye, that they are buddy - Wiz was the true master, most of these pretenders to the Lowestoft throne can''t even get the threads into double figures, it''s pathetic...

*cough* Pete *cough* #MustTryHarder 😉

RIP Wiz......My condolences to your family and friends......A fat juicy worm was never required on your hook an'' line.......

You reeled more in than a deep sea Russian trawler.......Lit the blue touch paper, sat back in your chair - and probably chuckled at the reams of reaction and riled responses as much as I did...... ;-)

Cheerio you old scoundrel......you did make me larf......

Quite possibly one of the most infurating posters I have ever come across, but undoubtedly a Norwich fan through thick and thin. Very sad news. Regards to the family.

RIP Wiz, and there''s worse ways to go than with a Jack and Coke, Old boy.

I''m really sorry to hear this.  I liked the fact that Wiz was clearly a City fan through and through. Yes, his views could be annoying, but I always felt he was saying what he genuinely felt (even if it might be the opposite of what he''d posted just a short time before).  But he really cared about the club. 

Really sorry to hear this news, I know he was infuriating at times and a naughty wind up merchant but he loved the club as much as the rest of us.

I have over the years exchanged many messages with him and he was always charming off the messageboards

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Wiz, the ncfc forums will miss you.

Just wanted to add my sincere condolences to the family. I was genuinely saddened to read this news. RIP Wiz.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
It was a little light humor to cheer a somber thread. Nothing personal. OTBC.
[/quote]yeh wasnt really aimed at yourself tbf

My earliest memories of this board (scarily around 13 years ago) include Wiz. He made me angry and he made me smile, a real character - arguably the biggest this forum has ever seen.

Genuinely saddened to hear of his passing, needless to say I send my best wishes to his family.

I shall raise a glass of Jack and coke up in his name this evening.

Assuming this isn''t yet another big wind up by the cunning old rascal.............

my sincere condolences to all of Dave''s family. For a man in ill health he found a great outlet through message boards and his pseudonym and achieved great notoriety.

I doubt the Club will mark his passing as he represented the maverick in all us supporters. I would have loved to see him in an online face off with McNally but that will never happen - besides they are probably fundamentally too similar.

The worst thing Wiz ever done to another poster on here was to ignore them; we all enjoyed his responses. May he rest in peace.