Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

First Wizard

Sometimes, but only sometimes, the phrase ''if you can''t say anything nice, don''t say anything at all'' is good advice.

He was one of the characters on here who will live on past both his virtual and physical demise. Glad to have known him, even if only through this forum. My best wishes to his family at what must be a difficult time.

And one final Huzzah!

He was a character that''s for sure, and certainly one of the oldies from the early Pinkun days. Controversial but entertaining, and NCFC through and through. For what it''s worth I hope he''s at peace.

Time marches on and has claimed another one.

Wizz was great at winding people up, and I think at times he actually believed some of the nonsense he spouted!

Always great entertainment - some will remember the claim that someone had taken a dump in his satellite dish causing him to lose picture!!!

Didn''t always agree with him, but that didn''t make him wrong about anything! You Were great for this board Dave, may you rest in peace.

Pete said he thrived on upsetting people but perhaps that kept his juices flowing and gave him a few years more than he would otherwise have had.

Wiz was devious, he was provocative, he was cunning and

sometimes untruthful, he would make you laugh, he would make you spill your tea on reading his input but, when all else is put aside.....he was one of us.

RIP Wiz.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Amazing how people who get loads of abuse when alive become wonderful human beings when they die.[/quote]It takes all sorts and it would be a bland old world if everybody agreed on every thing.Had many enjoyable bouts with the old boy and I will certainly miss that. Time passes for us all and its a reminder that the Grim Reaper waits for us all somewhere down the line.

[quote user="Rhiadd"]Speaking of "offering nothing positive", your comments would appear to do just that, as well as being completely unnecessary.[/quote][Y] [Y] [Y]

"Amazing how people who get loads of abuse when alive become wonderful human beings when they die."

Or maybe he and others didn''t take it that seriously, just as hurling abuse at away suporters is all part of the fun.This forum is a much smaller place without him, and if he gained any respite from his woes whilst on here so much the better.It was a pleasure to cross swords with him, though I''m not sure what sort of person he was as it was only his persona on here I ever knewSo I can only add, thanks for the time and immense fun you gave to so many of us on herecheerio, old boi

He''s remembered for many things on this forum - wind ups, hexes, and many more - the line "Beating X (next opponent) can relegate us" being one of them.

RIP, Wiz.

Ah, very sad, RIP Wiz. Condolences to your family

I never quite got why he spent SO much time and energy into getting reactions on here, but he obviously thrived on it, and people didn''t have to bite back.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Has anybody told them on the Villa messageboard he used to frequent?[/quote]Given that he was banned and sent packing with a flea in his ear (to say the least) I would not have thought much in the way of sympathetic responses would be forthcoming.

He had a canny knack of knowing when people were ripe to wind-up. He was a git, a pain in the aris and a bit of a nightmare but he also had his moments where he was able to have a sensible chat and laugh. And a decent taste in music (maybe not Magnum).RIP and God bless the character known as Wiz.

Enjoyed him immensely as a poster for all the years I lurked. It was all a bit tongue in cheek, he was funny, a great WUM and obviously not a binner.

RIP, or whatever wizards do when they transcend our reality

Only wanted what he thought was best for the club he loved, Reading your posts was entertaining.

RIP. NCFC forever.

Used to have some good correspndence many years ago when he was very much on this MB. Sad to hear this news. OTBC and RIP to a true Norwich fan. Let''s hope the team can do something this season.

STFU, you can say what you like. I will be dead and unable to give a flying fark.

The real disgrace is the number of people on this thread who were at his throat whenever he posted here, and are now claiming he will be missed because he was salt of the earth and "a true city fan."

Social media = real life.

Hypocrisy = Hypocrisy.

Well I can honestly say I was neve at his throat Bor. ....didn''t agree with everything he posted but I tend to find people amusing and any strong views just tell me how much they care about stuff. Wiz was one of those.

To paraphrase a quote often attributed to Abraham Lincoln. "Better to remain silent and be thought of as an ass than speak and remove all doubt."

than to speak out and remove all doubt. Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/abrahamlin109276.html
than to speak out and remove all doubt. Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/abrahamlin109276.html

City1st wrote the following post at 31/08/2016 7:17 PM:

"Amazing how people who get loads of abuse when alive become wonderful human beings when they die."

Or maybe he and others didn''t take it that seriously, just as hurling abuse at away suporters is all part of the fun.

This forum is a much smaller place without him, and if he gained any respite from his woes whilst on here so much the better.

It was a pleasure to cross swords with him, though I''m not sure what sort of person he was as it was only his persona on here I ever knew

So I can only add, thanks for the time and immense fun you gave to so many of us on here

cheerio, old boi

👍

Ach that''s a real shame to hear. We had our run ins but he was a real loss to the pinkun forum.

RIP Dave.

Just read this and is sad news indeed. He was on a wind up half (most) of the time but I think most were able to take it with a pinch of salt and a bit of a smile.

At the end of the day it''s just a message board and condolences go to his nearest and dearest. RIP