Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

First Wizard

I have just received the following email...David passed away last Thursday 25th after yet another battle with illness, I have been informed by his son that his last request was a Jack Daniels & Coke.He may have upset people but that is what he thrived on, he was a very ill man. He supported our team since the 1950''s a few years longer than me.If it hasn''t been posted on your forum could I ask that you give the good old boy a mention.

Thanks for putting this up Pete. From recollection I believe he was banned from here until " around 2158 " he said so the likelihood was that none of us on here would have heard from him again.To be honest he could be an infuriating old so-and-so but I wonder how much of that was just to provoke a reaction. He was certainly a '' character '' on here. What was without doubt was that at the end of the day he was a City supporter.RIP Wiz

So sad to hear this....

Battles with Wiz were always a highlight :-)

You will always be remembered sir

Aye, he certainly didn''t see eye to eye with pretty much anybody, on pretty much anything, but he certainly provided an alternate view on many occasions. Sad to hear of his passing, as others have noted, he was a character who certainly won''t be forgotten anytime soon.

RIP.

Oh he drove me mad, but at the same time it was always good fun to have someone to verbally spar with! At heart he was a City fan (though had some odd ways of showing it), he''s gone to the great forum in the sky now! Have a beer with ardee and snowy the cat for the rest of us!

Used to enjoy crossing swords with Wiz over his flip flopping but do and indeed will miss his sometimes infuriating drivel.RIP old fella.

Very gutted to hear this. Always felt he was treated rather harshly on this forum for not following the Happy Clapper method.
And he never backed down from an unfair/unbalanced discussion.
RIP Wizz.

By coincidence, I was looking for his thread earlier today "We will sign nobody" without success.As controversial as he was, he always kept this board interesting.RIP Wiz.

Likewise Inchy. Wiz and I crossed swords many times but with respect. I''ve missed him since he was banned. If it''s not too late maybe we should start a thread saying "We Will Sign No One" in his memory. RIP Wiz.

The shock jock of the pink Un , had many a run in and many a laugh with the old buzzard. Once you realised he was just a total wind up merchant who thrived on controversy it was very entertaining. Very sad news I won''t say RIP cos he will hopefully be winding people up and courting controversy in heaven or wherever he is 😃

Oh dear me so sorry to hear this news. In his memory may i just say his immortal word '' Huzzah ! '' and all virgins can rest easy tonight.

I can''t be hypocritical about this.

People dying is sad but inevitable.

He offered nothing positive about the club he claimed to support and he has been no great loss to this message board.

He would no doubt be enjoying this transfer window greatly.

Speaking of "offering nothing positive", your comments would appear to do just that, as well as being completely unnecessary.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]I can''t be hypocritical about this.

People dying is sad but inevitable.

He offered nothing positive about the club he claimed to support and he has been no great loss to this message board.

He would no doubt be enjoying this transfer window greatly.[/quote]

That''s actually not true , when Glenn roeder had a purple patch he started a thread saying we would be lucky to hang on to him and was very positive ! 2 months later he was calling him ratty 😊

as for you it really wouldn''t hurt to bury the hatchet and say something nice you complete (unt.