Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Kyle Bloody Lafferty

Where does all the sympathy on this forum for him actually originate from? It''s cringeworthy at best.
I''m really, really disappointed we didn''t get rid and it''s now going to be a real test of AN''s man management skills. He''s got a player still in and around the club who''s retweeted negative stuff about AN and insulted our own fans.
I''m sure the f*cking morons that support this club will still give him a standing ovation every time he walks up, despite the fact he''s done f*ck all, continues to do f*ck all, and will always be known for doing f*ck all for this football club.

The sympathy lies in him showing that he can score goals when he plays for a cup team or development game.  He may be a buffoon, but from the outside, it looks as if he is not getting a fair chance given he is the second most qualified striker behind Jerome (probably third now behind Oliveira). 

[quote user="lake district canary"]The sympathy lies in him showing that he can score goals when he plays for a cup team or development game.  He may be a buffoon, but from the outside, it looks as if he is not getting a fair chance given he is the second most qualified striker behind Jerome (probably third now behind Oliveira). 

[/quote]
That''s all well and good that he can score a single goal against Coventry when put clean through on goal, and offer little else for the entire game. But in his limited actual league appearances he''s looked so short of quality and ability it''s unreal. If he was actually a good striker that could net us 10-15 goals do you not think it would be in AN''s interest to play him? Or maybe it''s that he''s so, so bad that even Naismith is a better CF than him.

LDC

The goal Lafferty scored against Coventry would have been put away by any schoolboy. Coventry were one of the poorest side to come to CR in the last few years

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lake district canary"]The sympathy lies in him showing that he can score goals when he plays for a cup team or development game.  He may be a buffoon, but from the outside, it looks as if he is not getting a fair chance given he is the second most qualified striker behind Jerome (probably third now behind Oliveira).  [/quote]
That''s all well and good that he can score a single goal against Coventry when put clean through on goal, and offer little else for the entire game. But in his limited actual league appearances he''s looked so short of quality and ability it''s unreal. If he was actually a good striker that could net us 10-15 goals do you not think it would be in AN''s interest to play him? Or maybe it''s that he''s so, so bad that even Naismith is a better CF than him.
[/quote]

Yes, I do think it would be in AN''s interest to play him.  He is not useless - I remember him playing well at the beginning of the last championship season  - was a real handful and contributed to a great start that season and was unlucky not to score more, hitting the post more than once and looking lively.  Against Birmingham, given Jerome was injured, he could have been given the start (especially as Naismith hasn''t looked great up front) and then subbed for Naismith later in the match if necessary.  AN plainly doesn''t trust him enough, but then why put him on the bench at all? 

Because he has no other options. 
Which is probably more of a board-level issue than an AN one.

And to be fair Lakey, he doesn''t score that many for the development team, Lozar had a far better strike rate than he did but I didn''t see the massive love in for him despite him being homegrown and not negative about the club.

My take on it is that he is a total bell who thinks he is far better than he actually is. Yes he scores against poor opposition in the cups, yes he scored a few international goals in Euro qualification, but, no, he doesn''t want to be here, and no, he doesn''t put in any effort when he is given a chance. Real shame we couldn''t get a replacement in as I think that he is detrimental to the squad as a whole and it would remove a stick that people use to beat the club/manager with.

He''s just Bechio MkII

Lafferty hasn''t been given a good run in the side! He was played out wide when he first got here! Regardless of his off field antics Lafferty has scored goals at international level but allegedly he''s not good enough to play for us!!! Give him a run in the side and if he doesn''t perform then fine we can all have a moan but you can''t judge him on a couple of substitute appearance''s in the first team and playing in a second string eleven.

Kyle Lafferty has scored 12 Championship goals in 109 matches over the course of his career.

The only reason the fans suddenly rate him now is because the failings of other strikers last year. We had a few Championship level strikers who failed in the Premier League, so the League One standard striker who was tainted by the failure is now seen as the saviour.

Oh Hogesar,

Really you have a go at Lafferty for having a go at fans and in same statement call them f ... Ing morons yourself, you really havent a clue have you. At least have the decency to not immediately assume that everyone who has a different opinion to you is someone to throw abuse at.

There seem to be two types of fans on here, ones who think AN is some form of idol who to question any of his efforts is treason and those who have seen enough of NCFC being that nice little club every now and again pretending or trying to muscle in on the big boys party in the Premier League.

Lafferty is one of a group of players that should not be here anymore like Turner Bassong , who will only play if AN has to.

AN is unfortunately showing all the hallmarks of a bad manager, in that he equates what goes on off the pitch with the ninety mins on. However most fans really dont care if the entire squad goes awol all week if they play well when on the pitch.

Typical example is Naismith who is well off form yet against Brum is elevated to CF against Lafferty who can head and hold up the ball pretty well and more importantly has played there more than once!

My issue is the fans that you hear boo the likes of Wes, constantly get on the back of Russell Martin and Ruddy, players that have been great for us, then you see them clapping like seals when Lafferty is bought on. Take a look at yourselves.

Available on a free and nobody in any league prepared to pay what he though his wages should be.Not one club in Europe thought he was good value.Say`s it all really.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]My issue is the fans that you hear boo the likes of Wes, constantly get on the back of Russell Martin and Ruddy, players that have been great for us, then you see them clapping like seals when Lafferty is bought on. Take a look at yourselves.[/quote]

Fantastic post. The mind boggles.

You are right to say Wes Martin and Ruddy have been great servants of the club as have many before, however players will always be judged on their recent performances not the past .

We all now Russell Martin is Norwich to the core however I struggle to see his future here now. maybe as RB rather than Whitts but his weakness in the air gets so exposed as a CB .

Unfortunately all players have a limited playing career and the one thing Managers can not afford is loyalty over ability, as Naissmith proved at Birmingham.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]My issue is the fans that you hear boo the likes of Wes, constantly get on the back of Russell Martin and Ruddy, players that have been great for us, then you see them clapping like seals when Lafferty is bought on. Take a look at yourselves.[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/978jMd2.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="CJ"]You are right to say Wes Martin and Ruddy have been great servants of the club as have many before, however players will always be judged on their recent performances not the past .

We all now Russell Martin is Norwich to the core however I struggle to see his future here now. maybe as RB rather than Whitts but his weakness in the air gets so exposed as a CB .

Unfortunately all players have a limited playing career and the one thing Managers can not afford is loyalty over ability, as Naissmith proved at Birmingham.[/quote]

Russell Martin''s performances last season at centre back were awful, but the criticism he received was out of order. He always gave 100%, but he wasn''t a Premier League centre back and never will be. It isn''t is best position and he didn''t pick himself to play there. It was really Alex Neil''s fault as the only other options until the end of January were Bassong and Bennett (who is always injured).

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Available on a free and nobody in any league prepared to pay what he though his wages should be.Not one club in Europe thought he was good value.Say`s it all really.[/quote]Maybe if that was correct it would, but that''s not what the club are stating.Their position is that Lafferty was kept because we were unable to secure a suitable replacement and thus they were unwilling to leave us with just 3 strikers (even though Morris is already totally unproven at anywhere near this level), and even though AN has made it clear that Lafferty has more chance of plaiting fog than getting on the team sheet...It may be laughable reasoning, but it still isn''t because nobody was interested in the guy, in fact we have been lead to believe that 3 clubs made approaches...

He was given a chance at Birmingham recently. Did he prove his doubters wrong there? Did he replicate his international scoring rate at club level there? Were Birmingham desperate to keep hold of him? Or are the top two tiers of English football just brimming over with equally crap managers who can''t see the the same amazing things in Lafferty that we fans can?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Molly Windley"]Available on a free and nobody in any league prepared to pay what he though his wages should be.Not one club in Europe thought he was good value.Say`s it all really.[/quote]Maybe if that was correct it would, but that''s not what the club are stating.Their position is that Lafferty was kept because we were unable to secure a suitable replacement and thus they were unwilling to leave us with just 3 strikers (even though Morris is already totally unproven at anywhere near this level), and even though AN has made it clear that Lafferty has more chance of plaiting fog than getting on the team sheet...It may be laughable reasoning, but it still isn''t because nobody was interested in the guy, in fact we have been lead to believe that 3 clubs made approaches...[/quote]Where is your official club info coming from Indy?Not doubting you, but I have seen no official statements from the club, may have missed it as my news feeds are full of transfer stories.According to the timeline of news stories the Lafferty deal fell through, then the Sinclair deal fell through and then we attempted a late move for Rhodes.Which striker deal was the Lafferty sale dependent on?

My understanding of the situation is something like this:Three clubs in for Lafferty - Palermo, Cardiff and Reading.At approx 6pm, Cardiff dropped their interest and instead focused on making the Rickie Lambert deal happen, leaving just Palermo and Reading in the mix.In or around 7pm (probably slightly later), the Sinclair deal fell through as he was unconvinced he''d get enough playing time here and instead decided to stay and try to impress at Watford.At this point the brakes were somewhat put on a Lafferty move as we simply couldn''t risk going up to Jan with just CJ, Oli and Morris as actual strikers, and thus both Reading and Palermo were stalled whilst we looked to see if any last ditch deal could be done elsewhere.Shortly before the window closed, it was obvious that we couldn''t bring in one of the players we''d have liked, thus the permanent block was put on Lafferty leaving until at least Jan.And to repeat - this is simply my understanding of the situation based on the info I''ve been given, this is NOT an official club communication, but AFAIK it is a fairly accurate description of the circumstances.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]My understanding of the situation is something like this:Three clubs in for Lafferty - Palermo, Cardiff and Reading.At approx 6pm, Cardiff dropped their interest and instead focused on making the Rickie Lambert deal happen, leaving just Palermo and Reading in the mix.In or around 7pm (probably slightly later), the Sinclair deal fell through as he was unconvinced he''d get enough playing time here and instead decided to stay and try to impress at Watford.At this point the brakes were somewhat put on a Lafferty move as we simply couldn''t risk going up to Jan with just CJ, Oli and Morris as actual strikers, and thus both Reading and Palermo were stalled whilst we looked to see if any last ditch deal could be done elsewhere.Shortly before the window closed, it was obvious that we couldn''t bring in one of the players we''d have liked, thus the permanent block was put on Lafferty leaving until at least Jan.And to repeat - this is simply my understanding of the situation based on the info I''ve been given, this is NOT an official club communication, but AFAIK it is a fairly accurate description of the circumstances.[/quote]TBH it`s hard to know what happened as I have read that Cardiff could not agree personal terms with Lafferty and that City pulled the Sinclair deal, who knows the truth, it rarely comes out.I cannot understand how Lafferty`s agent has not been able to line up deals for him ahead of time. He was probably available last summers and winter transfer windows for a small fee or possibly a free and has had the last 8 months to line him up a move on a definite free, he just needed a club to match his wage demands. Why has his agent left it so late and then put all his efforts into securing one deal when there were allegedly two other clubs also after him. Anyway, I doubt we will see him involved in any first team squad this season so I will try and forget he is still here.

Since adams signed him Kyle has been at 3 clubs under 4 managers and scored a grand total of 4 goals in 2 and a bit seasons in all first team competitions - a goal every 440 ish minuteds - starting 19 and making a further 21 sub appearances. Even NI no longer have him as their first choice striker.

So thats club 4 managers he has not been able to convince that he is worth a regular starting spot from either his training ground attitude or his on pitch exploits.

He simply does not deserve any more of a chance.