Sign in to follow this  
Ray

McNally's Legacy

Our recruitment team headed by Lee Darnborough and our Technical Director, Ricky Martin, are both McNally appointments as was our Team Manager, Alex Neil.

Now, it could be argued that these appointments were done on ‘the cheap’ and at least two of them had little or next to no experience in the roles they were asked to fulfil.

If this were the case, it could also be argued that potentially they were not the best people for the job at the time of their appointments.

Again, if this were the case, then surely it would manifest itself in poor transfer market dealings through a lack of strategic planning and poor team selections, tactics and performances that were an enigma to most supporters and others.

So, if as fans, we feel our transfer dealings, selections, tactics and performances are an enigma, either we have little or no insight into the workings of a football club and our feelings are misplaced, which is entirely possible, or as a group, we do have some insight and our feelings are justified in the big wide world. (As an aside, our feelings are of course always justified in our own world, if not anyone else’s).

If our feelings are ‘justified’ then one would like to think the Board, particularly our new CEO who has years of experience, will have the same or similar feelings and will be taking action(s) to rectify the situation.

The individuals charged with transfers, tactics, team selection and performance may themselves be blameless, it’s not their fault they were offered the job, maybe they shouldn’t have accepted the role but that was very unlikely to happen. There would be little point putting me in charge of defending an innocent person in a serious court case, I simply do not have the knowledge, skill or experience to perform such a task, although I may well accept the role and the money that goes with it. However, if I wanted to continue to enhance my reputation (and earnings) within the legal world and was offered the help and advice to assist in gaining the experience, knowledge and skill I required, I would jump at it. However, this would be dependant on me having sufficient self awareness to realise I wasn’t a top flight barrister in the first place and that I could learn from others.

If I didn’t have this self awareness and/or wasn’t prepared to accept the help and advice on offer, then I wouldn’t be asked to do (or continue to do) the job, would I?

To be clear, I am not making/taking a stick to beat the club, possibly our former CEO but not the club, I’m simply looking for the reason that IMO we are failing to reach the heights we should be.

I wouldn''t put any faith in Jez Moxey by all accounts he''s a bit of a waste of space.

Staid owners with a comfortable status quo. It is said that women are better managing house hold finances without taking risks and I suspect this is the case at CR. Also i have some sympathy given the huge waste of money lavished on some recent signings.

The Club needs fresh investment and new owners with energy, drive and money.

Ray. As much as you say you''re not looking for a stick to beat the club with, it comes across as you''re very much looking for a way to discredit the management.  Your recent posting shows you have an anti AN agenda and your round about way of putting things does not cover what you really think. "Suggesting" what Moxey might think or do is tantamount to saying he should be taking action. So just say that, if that is what you think and stop pussyfooting around with "suggestions".  I''m fed up already of people trying to undermine AN.  For me he is the man in the job and it is fans'' responsibility to get behind him, not try and seek to push him out. Negativity only breeds negativity and I should have thought that the Hughton era would have made people realise that, but some people just go on, surreptitiously trying to underine whoever is in charge.  I find it petty and divisive - the manager ought to be a figure of authority, but there are plenty who seek to undermine that for their own reasons. It doesn''t help anyone, least of all the players, the club, or success on the field.

LDC,

As you want to focus your reply on AN, that is what I shall address, although there were others mentioned in my original post though and I was at pains to say I didn''t feel they were necessarily to blame but McNally could be.

Let me inform you, you are wrong in your opinion of what I''m looking to achieve, it is not an anti AN agenda I have but an AN/NCFC improvement agenda.

Do I have concerns, yes I do, do I want the manager out, no I don''t, however I do want someone, somewhere to take action to improve our lot and I sincerely hope the manager himself will recognise where he can improve and actively do something about it/seek assistance, rather than just talk about it but I believe help can and should also come from elsewhere.

I have said in a previous post that he is young and still learning and fully understand that issue, however my concern is that Rome may be burning while Nero is fiddling.

There are IMO areas that can be improved and currently I am not seeing evidence of improvement, you may be but I am not. Yes I do think our CEO should be taking action that doesn''t mean I think he should sack the manager, however I think he should be identifying weaknesses and forming a plan to strengthen those weaknesses.

I agree wholeheartedly with you, the manager ought to be a figure of authority and that is what I want him to be and let me assure you I am 100% behind the club and if that means I voice concerns about what I perceive to be areas of weakness that could be improved, then I shall and if at any stage I think it is better for the club that our manager is dismissed then I shall say that too, quite directly.

Finally, thank you for taking the time to read my post and given your take on it, maybe I didn''t elucidate my point clearly enough. I hope I have clarified my standpoint now?

Ray, you were clear in your original post for people who are open minded. Lakey, on the other hand, has a historic tendency of "jumping to the negative" when others post their current concerns while he himself cannot seem to let go of something that is long in the past, ergo, "I should have thought that the Hughton era would have made people realise that, but some people just go on "  
Yes, indeed Lakey, some people do.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]I wouldn''t put any faith in Jez Moxey by all accounts he''s a bit of a waste of space.[/quote]

What ''accounts'' are those?

Ray wrote: "To be clear, I am not making/taking a stick to beat the club, possibly

our former CEO but not the club, I’m simply looking for the reason that

IMO we are failing to reach the heights we should be."The crucial word there, Ray, is "should". You have an opinion that we "should" be reaching heights that we are failing to reach and consequently search for reasons to explain the failure. I''d like to hear exactly why you think we "should" be reaching greater heights. In contrast, some might think we are pretty much where we can reasonably expect to be, in which case some plaudits are due, including to our former CEO, for doing as good a job as can reasonably be expected. I''m sure you don''t believe NCFC have any entitlement to reach greater heights. What exactly do you mean then by "should"?

Westcoast,

IMO we should be performing at a higher level, that''s not to say Premiership level, because given the performances I have witnessed this season, measured against the skills we have at our disposal, our performances are below what I would expect, AN has said as much himself, so I''m guessing that he too feels we should be reaching greater heights.

My opinion is that given the correct set of circumstances, effort, teamwork, call it what you will, the whole should be greater than the sum of the parts and that isn''t what I am seeing and not just on the field of play.

Therefore, I do not believe we are where we can reasonably expect to be, and again I am not specifically talking about which league we should or should not be in or even points gained, more our end of last and start of this seasons'' performances. Therefore I convey no plaudits to our former CEO. That said, for many reasons I felt he did a good job at stages of his tenure and for many other reasons I felt he did not (FYI, I will not expand on this).

Do we have any entitlement to reach greater heights, absolutely not, but surely we can aim for higher and I for one think we should be, or if you prefer could be. Standing still serves no purpose other than to give you a splendid vista of those that rush pass you.

I hope that helps with what exactly I mean by ''should''.

Cheers

Ray