Sign in to follow this  
pete

Naismith transfer folly

SN could not agree deal with Sunderland said to be the signing on fee. Surely if he moved he would be due another signing on fee with the one he got from City. Sunderland must have offered equivalent salary or better if not you can speculate he is on £40,000 or maybe even more Everton salary expected to be about the same. Maybe he didn''t get clause inserted that he would play every game when fit, don''t know if this is the case but suggested on this Board.

Paid £8m evidently 3/4 year contract at estimated salary means City have invested around £15m over contract term not including signing on fee. Can we afford this?

Certainly not getting value for money nothing inspires confidence we will get vfm.

For the money expended on SN we could have invested in a proper striker.

AN wanted SN the buck stops there.

Help, translator needed. Or do we need one of those binnertrons or whatever they''re called?

Naismith must rate the worst NCFC signing ever he looks less a footballer than Ricky, looks like he should be selling wet fish at Yarmouth

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Help, translator needed. Or do we need one of those binnertrons or whatever they''re called?[/quote]I give up, what''s left of my brain can''t cope!

Ron, as requested I plugged in the bin-a-tron5000 and fed in the original post... the results are, as usual, disappointing:

INPUT:

"3 or 4 year contract"

"£40,000 - per week, or more, or less"

"Proper strikers are cheaper, and available"

"Made-up contract clause inserted, or not inserted"

"Future success of Naismith unknown"

OUTPUT:

"Certainly not getting value for money"

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Ah, thanks for that. 👍 Maybe its something to do with "mismatched quotes in block" I keep getting on this site!