Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

Some good news.

As usual, a few notes on last nights reserves match, versus LEicester. Uou might not think that a 0-0 draw with leicester res. on a wet wednesday is anything to shout about, but after the pathetic efforts of the first team, its nice to have something to smile about! Cheif among them is Joe Lewis.. he was fantastic last night.. truly amazing and not for the first time he looked unbeatable.. stunning reflex saves, safe handling of crosses, good positioning, and booming kicks all night long. Super performance too, from young Rossi Jarvis, he seems to be growing into quite a midfield powerhouse, and nearly scored after a run and shot. Asmat al ourgui won a string of headers for a smallish lad, and showwed some tremendous skill throughout the game, his best for the reserves yet. Usual mentions in depspatches for Cave-Brown (solid), Eagle (dangerous), but every youngster on show did the club credit and clung to their draw with commendable grit and determination, something im not used to seeing with the first team. One move near the end involving 4-5 players was simply wonderful, and culminated in young Muddel sidefooting straight at the keeper when a crisp finish would have had the 1100 or so present in absolute raptures. All in all, a very satisfactory nights work.

Charlie''s dad, please can you apply for the post of Academy/Reserve Team Reporter; you are always there, you are balanced and you always submit your copy ahead of local journalists who seem to pay scant regard to the Academy and/or Reserve side(s) especially if the results go against them.

Given that we are not flush with money; the Academy & Reserves are our R & D and the best way for NCFC to make progress; are there any budding Defenders or Midfielders that might be worth a Benching on Saturday at Loftus Road?

Keep up the good work; is Charlie a budding fledgling?

have to agree we all owe charlie''s dad major props. on a not so
positive note, they''ll probably all end up being sold to
the posh, like young danny crow who I see scored at the weekend.

Thanks gents, aprreciated. Re Charlie, he is indded like his sibling a fledgling canary, seaon ticket holder and this afternoon debuting for his schhol team. a source of some considerable pride to his old man. Tricky left winger with bags of pace so i have high hopes! Re the young defenders, Gusterson, Halliday and Spillane all played last night, and are all good players, as is Quaye, who was out injured. However, although Spillane shows immense promise, and travelled with the first team squad on Tuesday, he is not in my opinion ready for the step up, as the tricky Leicester striker gave him a very hard time when the ball was on the floor!

Hi Charlie''s Dad

Yes, agreed, it was a wonderful performance and a tonic after Luton.  As I said on another thread, it is comforting to see that at least one of our teams plays proper passing football.  They played as a team, passing was terrific, as was movement, Joe Lewis made some great saves and we had a midfield.  Shock!

Particularly catching the eye were Cave-Brown and Eagle.  All in all a great match, Leicester were excellent too and despite a whistle happy ref the game flowed well.

Hi CD

I agree with you bout last nights match I thought Spillane was quite poor (although that is the first time I have seen that this season) so everyone is allowed and off day, but not ready for the first team, Rossi Jarvis seems to have improved and got quicker (maybe being involved with the pros has sharpened him up) Of the other defenders I must admit I always feel Gusterson gives an assured performance and looks very comfortable, I am not convinced by Halliday though. Not a good game last night but I do feel quite sorry for these "lads" that is 3 games in 8 days for most of them (I wonder how the pros would cope)!! 

PS Do you every go and watch the academy games at Colney CD? 

[quote]you should get a column on pinkun or something[/quote]

my thoughts exactly.

surely you shuold apply for a blog on here to post you reports

Thanks for the feedback lads. I dont actually see games at colney, but i will watch the youth cup games should we be lucky enough to get a home draw.. Re. Spillane, in fairness he (and Halliday) have both performed much better this season, so put it down as an abberation! Column in the pinkun NC? not sure about that, but who knows? Oh, and Charlies school team won 9-0 and hes looking ahead to a cup match after half term. He was captain on the day as well!!

Sorry, NC, didnt answer your question on Rossi Jarvis. Gut feeling? yes hes good enough. I dont know his best position yet, and it might not be the best move for his confidence at the moment, with the struggle that has become this season, but put money on him getting an outing sooner rather than later.