Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Bruce or Lambert?

There seems to be speculation on another website that AN has walked. If this is true would you welcome back Lambert (with Culverhouse) or Bruce?

Both have got experience of getting teams promoted from this division and keeping teams in the Premiership.

Never going to happen, AN will never walk would lose too much money.

If a change took place then Bruce every day.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Wouldn''t touch either of them with a bargepole. 

[/quote]

Why not Bruce the Lakey?

Connection with the club, high profile player with connections and done good job with Hull!

Never go back, though am sure Lambert would get more out of the squad than AN, but Bruce would be number one choice.

I''d go lambert. Great days under him. Why not recreate the excitement again? Villa was always a poisoned chalice, no manager could succeed there as o''Neill had already pissed all of the owners money up a wall in the previous seasons. Lambert was left with a piss poor squad and no serious money. He did buy poorly though, but not quite as poorly as sherwood.

and Poirot - even if you''re excusing Villa (which I do actually agree was a poisoned chalice) - he then went to Blackburn where he failed pretty badly too and started trying to recruit the team that took us up 5 years ago as he had run out of ideas. Blackburn also a bit of a poisoned chalice but the fact he ran out of ideas and brought Simeon Jackson, E Benno etc in to try and recapture the halcyon days strikes me as someone who got lucky with us, and stars aligned during his tenure, but actually isn''t as good a manager as we thought. For comparison - see Mike Walker - led us to the glory days and then couldn''t replicate it again.

I''m not sure I''d be massively keen to have either on board, I know Bruce has had success but he''s always struck me as a bit limited as a manager. If it was a straight choice between Lambert and Bruce though, I''d pick Bruce every time. Bruce would certainly give us a decent chance of going up, but my concern would be that he''s not the man to keep a team up.

my heart says Lambert but head says he would never get the same results as before

Bruce not for me looks like his blood pressure is far to high to be a manager (unless he lost 5 stone )

We all know the board like a easy ride from managers

they do not like people banging on the door asking for more wages for players or transfers

they like people they can control

a nice safe pair of hands who will not rock the boat

i bet Delia would love to give it to Ricky Martin

Kick it off

I didn''t really follow lambert at Blackburn so don''t know the ins or outs but I do know they''ve got no money. So Immediately you''re in trouble as a manager if you don''t have a good back room team who know lower league players and with a contact list length of the Thames.

I can excuse him buying Jackson and Bennett. He knew them and they were cheap (largely because they''re well past their best) and they didn''t let him down in the past.

''''Interesting question after much thought and consideration I would go for the return of Paul Lambert ''''...YC

100%

Nailed on

Waveyspeak.

I''ll let the Missus know ye''re back, she loves you.

For me, we should have got Mike Phelan when we had him.

Can''t see him ever walking, as let''s face it he probably sees this as what could be the highlight of his managerial career? With that in mind he''s not likely to ever stick his neck out with the board for demands etc.

Also think we struggle with signings as he has limited connections and isn''t a big name manager or a player who has achieved much.

''''Can''t see him ever walking, as let''s face it he probably sees this as what could be the highlight of his managerial career? With that in mind he''s not likely to ever stick his neck out with the board for demands etc.

Also think we struggle with signings as he has limited connections and isn''t a big name manager or a player who has achieved much. ''''...Hurri

Kind of agree.......''Highlight'' , so far, anyway. It was only 12 to 15 months ago that this board was discussing what we could do to hold on to Alex Neil Also think we struggle with signings as

'''' he has limited connections and isn''t a big name manager or a player who has achieved much. '''' ....Agree, if we''d stayed up his reputation would be much better, therefore ,we, as a Club, would be more attractive.

[quote user="Kunst"]There are other managers on this planet.[/quote]

May i suggest you give the Pinkun community some ideas as to who you would like as City''s next manager?

We don''t need one yet. When or if we do I will do some research and find out who is available.

When AN arrived all of us were shocked by the appointment.

His support team were as unknown at the champ level as he was. Micky phelan left and then AN picked the group up. Brought in Dorrans and Andreu to, supposably add, to our promotion campaign.

We did it the hard way through the play offs, we were desperate for decent signings and we missed the boat. AN then managed toreacr to a game where Newcastle United scored a goal for every shot on target. It showed the weaknesses of the group that every fan knew and suddenly the support team around An struggled to show any impact.

In January it felt like relegation was very possible, decent players brought in too late. Injury to our star centre half saw us whimper into relegation.

A terrible preseason where we brought in 2 keepers, a few youngsters with promise and the exciting Pritchard. But Pritchard was not brought in with the behind the scenes work that we had planned over the 6months that AN highlighted. It was clear he was a player who was available and would do the job.

But the end of the window brought little to make us believe that new coach Irvine will have great quality to work with

So the question is a new manager? Well we need the board to start changing their ethos and beliefs as there have been ailing a top to bottom. The recruitment group, the coaching group and management group.

I think the players are very much needing to prove themselves to the fans and to AN.

The problem for me is even with a new manager this group may not be good enough for the playoffs. So even if AN moved on the board and same group of players remain.

I think AN has a very tough job and we will see how it goes but as much as the calls may come for his head it should be for players who let him down and the boards direction.

To me far too much wrong, but somehow we have a team that many think can bounce back.

If ever we did we would need changes across the board as we have proven and shown the unprofessional approach and we will be a to to club if we are lucky.

Neither Bruce nor Lambert for me. I''d stick with AN.

Interestingly, our price has come right down after the window closed. We''re now as short as 7-2 to win the league, whereas a couple of weeks ago we were around 5-1 and a couple of months ago about 9-1.

Top 6:

Newcastle 7-4

Norwich 7-2

Brighton 5-1

Huddersfield 14-1

Villa 18-1

Wolves 20-1

So, the doom and gloom amongst the majority on here is not shared by the bookies. I agree with them.

Sigh- bookies odds are driven purely by punters'' betting, so those odds just reflect they must be getting a fair number of bets on City to win the league, nothing to do with what the bookies actually think. Which is interesting but let''s remember punters overwhelmingly backed a Remain victory...