Sign in to follow this  
pete

Clappers on holiday

The usual apologists are conspicuous by their absence indicated by their lack of posts supporting the club. Are they all on holiday. One or two still raise their heads above the parapet.

Maybe the transfer debacle has made them become realists if so that is welcoming.

Eddie posts claptrap that we really made efforts to sign Rhodes. Where''s the evidence we made any moves to sign JR. Don''t you remember the alleged pursuit of Afobe or McCormack for fees in the region of £10m the money has never materialised.

Pritchard and Canos was financed by Redmond money. However the fictitious £10-12m has not come to light if we have it to spend on the class striker we badly needed last season and to create a promotion push this we need concrete evidence this is the case not phantom bids.

Most of you will be surprised that I believe the club tells us lies and fails to communicate with us to change my mind.

Clappers feel free to try to change my mind.

[quote user="pete"]Clappers feel free to try to change my mind.[/quote]Nothing we can do for you nappy crappers - you can''t polish a turd.

It''s very obvious that nothing the club, or anyone, could say or do would stop your whining and whimpering.

It is what it is, just get on with it, jellyfish.

Poor old Wiz will be turning in his grave at this paltry effort, you''ll get there in the end Peter, but it''s going to require some serious work 👍

It''s a good post they have done the club they are supposed to support a great disservice. The same people who called binners last year people who questioned the Directors strategy

They need to hang their heads in shame

[quote user="The young canary"]It''s a good post they have done the club they are supposed to support a great disservice. The same people who called binners last year people who questioned the Directors strategy

They need to hang their heads in shame[/quote]

I''d make an effort at a clever ''happy clapping'' retort if I knew what the hell any of this meant...

It must be obvious to the most biased fan who thinks the sun shines out of the NCFC BOD backsides than after that great day out a Wembley that to hold our own in TP we needed to replace Martin and Bassong as our main centre backs. Nothing was done that summer to put the situation right till January by which time points were lost and we all know the outcome. We would be playing in the PM this season had the BOD got its act together . Whose fault only NCFC knows where the blame lies.

Rather than concentrating on the negatives that have been done to death, I maintain that other than up front, we had an ok Window:

- all our main players stayed, only Redmond left of players we will have wanted to keep

- decent players signed in Canos, Pritchard, Oliveira (sadly and predictably written off before he''s kicked a ball)

- players who aren''t quite ready off on loan for experience

- RvW finally off the books with a couple of others - though could have done with a couple more

If we can get Chamakh/someone to fill the undoubted gap up front, that should help at least until January.

The problem is that a lot are concentrating on the ££ spent by the likes of Villa - but you also need to look at the players who left - and can''t see the squad we have is rather good. It can often take relegated sides a while to kick-in (look at many of our recent seasons) and when we get going we should still do fine. I still hope this happens, and fast, but can''t shake the feeling that some ''supporters'' are desperate for us to fail.

[quote user="daly"]It must be obvious to the most biased fan who thinks the sun shines out of the NCFC BOD backsides than after that great day out a Wembley that to hold our own in TP we needed to replace Martin and Bassong as our main centre backs. Nothing was done that summer to put the situation right till January by which time points were lost and we all know the outcome. We would be playing in the PM this season had the BOD got its act together . Whose fault only NCFC knows where the blame lies.[/quote]

You don''t do youself any favours with stupid statements like this. Do you really think that they did nothing? They may have failed to get any of their targets to sign but that can hardly be labelled as doing nothing.

Despite running this same crusade in 2014 you still enjoyed that great day at Wembley. Did you feel a little bit like a fraud?

It is this simple.

To go up you need a top striker for this league (please look at the facts). Who is going to get 20 plus goals for us this season? If you think we have one then happy days. I happen to think (like Sutton) we don''t and the board failed in it''s one major objective for this transfer window, just as they failed to strengthen the defence last time.... Plus we have a number of players who obviously don''t want to be here that are still here. Great for squad morale that... Don''t get involved in school play ground happy clappers & vice versa...

[quote user="Mike "]Don''t get involved in school play ground happy clappers & vice versa...[/quote]Yeah!http://images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/58/photos/962000/93962.jpgBut.....Happy Clappers all know why...http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6273824.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Baby-with-a-nappy.jpgNappy Crappers make baby cry......https://www.stayathomemum.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/tantrum.jpg[<:o)]

[quote user="Mike "]It is this simple.

To go up you need a top striker for this league (please look at the facts). Who is going to get 20 plus goals for us this season? If you think we have one then happy days. I happen to think (like Sutton) we don''t and the board failed in it''s one major objective for this transfer window, just as they failed to strengthen the defence last time.... Plus we have a number of players who obviously don''t want to be here that are still here. Great for squad morale that... Don''t get involved in school play ground happy clappers & vice versa...[/quote]

Having a 20 goal a season gets you promoted, is it really that simple, did McCormack get Fulham promoted?Last time we got promoted (via the play-offs) we scored 94 goals,  the top two scorers were Jerome with 20, Johnson with 15.Even with a 20 goal a season striker you''re still looking for another 74.

Loving the new one about the poor squad morale....

Who are the ''number'' of players that obviously don''t want to be here. Lafferty? I''m sure the heartbroken squad already realise that. Naismith? Had the chance to return to the PL and chose not to, I''m sure the squad will really hate him now, bas****. Erm... 2 is a number you''re right, not a very big one really though is it? Unless you know something I don''t? Zero evidence of there being low morale (quite the opposite in fact) and can''t see am impact now, they''re grown men for gods sake.

However I''m sure the sensitive lambs aren''t too chuffed at some of the pi** poor fans attitudes either.

You need roughly 90 goals- where they come from doesnt matter. Taking the first four games then, unless there is a drastic improvement, we are not currently looking like a team capable of that- nor of getting the required points.

Barring an inspired performance against, it must be said, a very poor Blackburn we have looked a mid table team to the core.

Hope I am wrong. But nothing this window inspired confidence or showed even a shred of ambition. It was p poor

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]Loving the new one about the poor squad morale....

However I''m sure the sensitive lambs aren''t too chuffed at some of the pi** poor fans attitudes either.[/quote]

Sorry but that works both ways....if they perform like they did at Brum they must expect criticism.

Working class lads pay good money following the team around the country !

Likewise if they give the fans something to cheer about they will and do get supported by the bucket load.

In fact the noise coming from the away support at Birmingham last weekend was fantasttic given the performance and result

Yes there was a justified element of boo''s and groans at the final whistle and an ironic cheer for the introduction of Lafferty but on the whole the team are well backed wherever they go !

Obviously the board tried to sign players capable of making significant improvement to the current squad....

yes they failed in the striker dept!

However its the managers job to get the best out of the squad he has available at any given time (signings/injuries/suspensions) .......

I neither consider myself an happy clapper or nappy crapper just a lifelong City fan full of passion....

Over to you Mr Neil...your honeymoon period is well and truly over the good grace you enjoyed on the back of our Wembley day out is all used up

We accepted your apology for last seasons mistakes...Its now time to deliver on your promise to learn from them

Norfook expects !

[quote] user="Dean Coney''s boots"]You need roughly 90 goals- where they come from doesnt matter. Taking the first four games then, unless there is a drastic improvement, we are not currently looking like a team capable of that- nor of getting the required points.

Barring an inspired performance against, it must be said, a very poor Blackburn we have looked a mid table team to the core.

Hope I am wrong. But nothing this window inspired confidence or showed even a shred of ambition. It was p poor[/quote]

There it is folks, we beat a poor team so that''s the benchmark for our season, 5 games in and the die has been cast.

[quote user="pete"]The usual apologists are conspicuous by their absence indicated by their lack of posts supporting the club. Are they all on holiday.[/quote]What, in the same way that you go on holiday every time we win a match?Most of the positive posters are still here and still posting. Most of the positive posters, I would imagine, are also disappointed at our inability to sign a top-level striker to bolster our promotion push. I also imagine most of the positive posters feel a bit more concerned about this in light of our inability to sign the quality centre-back we so desperately needed last summer. I for one think this was a major factor in our relegation, so it''s doubly disappointing to go through the same procedure again a year down the line.The window is closed now - like it or lump it. If you feel so strongly that the club is being badly run or mismanaged, start a protest campaign. Get off your backside and do something about it. But of course you won''t do that, because it''s much easier to sit at your laptop and whine on and on about every single thing you perceive to be wrong with the club.I am actually going on holiday - off on my honeymoon on Monday - but I''ll still be here every week when I return, whether we win, lose or draw. Could I perhaps suggest that you post a bit more when the team you support wins a match? It might just feel quite nice to reflect positively on a positive outcome. That''s why we support this team, right? Because we want it to do well?

Congratulations FTW to you and your good lady, enjoy your honeymoon, and I''m sure you will learn about the 3 rings of marriage, sounds like you have the first 2 in hand, 1/ the Engagement ring 2/ the Wedding Ring 3/ the .........

I doubt Pete would arrange his wedding to coincide with international break.

Impressive forward thinking Wolfie. Augers well for your future happiness.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I doubt Pete would arrange his wedding to coincide with international break.

Impressive forward thinking Wolfie. Augers well for your future happiness.....[/quote]Thanks Nutty. It was a carefully considered plan regarding the international break - considering we ''saved the date'' more than 18 months ago, I''m rather chuffed with myself! Fixture calendar could''ve been kinder as we miss a home double-header, and the weather could certainly have dealt us a kinder hand, but it''s going to be wonderful all the same [:)]