Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Everybody has a limit.

And Worthy is no different!.

I am told that he was booed on and off the pitch on Tuesday, and thats got to be the first time for ages (if ever), if our magnificent (but misguided) away supporters carry this out again at QPR, trust me, it will get to him, and the board!.

Follow the same tactic at home games (but don''t boo the players please, that you never do!) and eventually I''m convinced he''ll up and leave!. Everybody has their limit.

I said earlier ''misguided'' supporters, well in a sense they are, would you sack a manager when supporters sell out home games, and take 2000 away supporters to away games?.

Boards are basically dumb and only react when it hits in the pocket, so ergo, full houses equals no need for them to act against the manager.

The choice really is ours, yes?.

Well let''s hope he does get fed up with the flack and leave but i don''t think so . Why ? Because he would be walking away from a huge payout if he got sacked ,so he will hang on - and this is the reason why the board won''t sack him - they can''t afford it ! So like it or not we are stuck with Worthy until we are relegated ! The board must be praying they start winning soon !

QUOTES FROM WIZ about 2 months ago:

''Just to add ''balance'' here on these boards.
Are you, like me, pro Worthy?.
Lets shove it up these anti Worthy mob, by just saying Yes, I''m pro Worthy and proud, Let the club and Nigel know that we still back him.....all the way!''

''For some time now, last season included, I have tried to study Worthy, and a lot of the time I''ve been really proud of the bloke. In public he''s dignified and has never let us down, he also rarely moans at refs, or bemoans City''s bad luck, that impresses me.
Now you might, and I know I have, questioned his tactical insight in the past, but a lot of the time, its the players who let him down!. And I''m determined to give him at least until Christmas to sort it out.''

What''s changed then Wiz...come on. I''m sure it''s not Christmas yet!?!

[quote]I don''t know if the Board members are praying but they seem to be in a quiet, dark place and very silent.[/quote]

Indeed YC.  I thought yesterday would be the day that Doncaster, Delia, Munby et al came out and "publically supported Nige".  Maybe it''s not going to happen.....

[quote]QUOTES FROM WIZ about 2 months ago: ''Just to add ''balance'' here on these boards. Are you, like me, pro Worthy?. Lets shove it up these anti Worthy mob, by just saying Yes, I''m pro Worthy and proud, L...[/quote]

Whats changed?  Just look at the performances, poor signings and curent league position.

Besides - criticising Wiz for changing his mind?  Better than being so blind that you only see onse side of a coin - that is the road to extremism and bigotry.

Last season I was in the Worthy must stay camp, into the neutral but worried camp and now worthy must be replaced camp.  Why not criticise me too for changing my mind?

OTBC  

I''m not criticising his decision to change his opinion of Worthington, but the fact that Wiz clearly states to give him till at least Christmas then see where we are. ell innless I''ve missed something, we''re still in October.I wouldn''t criticise you for changing your mind either. The thing I will criticise you for is for your inability to see where I’m coming from.There seems to be a Big separation between Worthy In/Out and both sides a guilty of not listening/understanding where others are coming from.

[quote]I''m not criticising his decision to change his opinion of Worthington, but the fact that Wiz clearly states to give him till at least Christmas then see where we are. ell innless I''ve missed something...[/quote]

What about me changing my mind, as a woman you must accept I can do that at least ten times a day!

I have given Worthy the benefit of the doubt for long enough.  This season he has not delivered  the goods, considering the potential and advantages we have over our rivals. 

He has made basic errors of judgement, hasn''t learnt from previous seasons, and is now just saying things will get better. 

I seem to recall he said that a month ago.  So Luton was getting things better was it?  I hope QPR is a step up I really do, we have to get things going soon or come January we might lose our best assets, ie Green, Safri, Ashton etc and be worse off than now.  Not saying that is guaranteed to happen, just that it is likely. 

I have read all the Worthy pro camps points, and understand your reasons for backing him to stay.  Don''t for a minute think that because we are doing badly, the Worthy out mob are happy.  If so, think again.  It is depressing beyond belief to witness displays such as Tuesday night.  If it were a one off, then I, and I suspect many would be saying, oh yeah, one of those things, but this season we have not once dominated a game or looked true promotion material and when playing a team who are above us in the league we fall to pieces. 

I admire your faith in Worthy, but I see things differently to you Slim, and sometimes I wish I had more faith and patience.  What I do have is a passion for my club and wish it better than it is getting now.  That is why I would like Mr Worthington to leave and someone else given the chance to take us back to where we are really capable of being.

Talking about being quiet , I haven''t seen or heard anything from Queen Delia.. thought she would have been wheeled to stir the passions...

[quote]QUOTES FROM WIZ about 2 months ago: ''Just to add ''balance'' here on these boards. Are you, like me, pro Worthy?. Lets shove it up these anti Worthy mob, by just saying Yes, I''m pro Worthy and proud, L...[/quote]

Your points have some merit Slim, and thanks for reminding me of my hasty words!.

However, the words of mine you quote were pre Worthy''s rant at the fans, that still upsets me, and helped me change my mind.

Yes, in public he CAN be dignified, and I would just love the bloke to be successful, because then City would benefit. But add his ''I don''t care'' rant and 4 nil down at bloody Luton by half time?, well, thats a bridge too far with me..........sorry my friend

[quote]Talking about being quiet , I haven''t seen or heard anything from Queen Delia.. thought she would have been wheeled to stir the passions...[/quote]

Not likely - remember what happened last time?

[quote]Your points have some merit Slim, and thanks for reminding me of my hasty words!. However, the words of mine you quote were pre Worthy''s rant at the fans, that still upsets me, and helped me change m...[/quote]

I''m with wiz, I was at luton on tuesday and he was not only booed but they chanted "what a load of rubbish " as he made his way across the entire pitch to the tunnel.I was pro worthy until his rant at the fans, for that he will never be forgiven.time to go worthy? I think so.

[quote]I''m with wiz, I was at luton on tuesday and he was not only booed but they chanted "what a load of rubbish " as he made his way across the entire pitch to the tunnel.I was pro worthy until his rant at...[/quote]

"Rant at the fans"?
What are you on about man? If thats what you call a rant then I''d suggest you''ve got a very fragile disposition and if you were ever on the recieving end of a proper rant (say from myself) you''d probably be reduced to tears.

Not saying Worthy didn''t make a mistake, but it was by no means a rant.

[quote]What about me changing my mind, as a woman you must accept I can do that at least ten times a day! I have given Worthy the benefit of the doubt for long enough. This season he has not delivered the...[/quote]

The voice of a true fan expressing her concerns - good on you, Gazza

I think that the fact we are pulling in full houses needs to be taken on board by those who run the club. I may be wrong but I would suspect that if we ended the season in mid-table mediocrity the gates next season would not be anywhere near as high - after all most people come to see City win don''t they?

Another factor that we have to take into account is the parachute payment from the Premier League. When does that run out? What effect would the loss of that payment and the decrease in attendance have on the club''s finances - what would Mr Doomcaster say to that then?

I believe that the wheels are turning in the background, of course the club aren''t going to reveal to us mere mortals what is going on behind the scenes, but you can bet your bottom dollar that should Worthy fail to get us at least to the play-offs, his position will be very very precarious.

[quote]I think that the fact we are pulling in full houses needs to be taken on board by those who run the club. I may be wrong but I would suspect that if we ended the season in mid-table mediocrity the gat...[/quote]

So are you saying Plastic Scouser, that you think the board are prepared to give Worthy this entire season?.

If that''s the case mate, I''m going back to my fish tanks and fish. Because how I feel about Worthy at the moment, I''d rather spend my money on my ''other'' hobby I''m afraid.

[quote]So are you saying Plastic Scouser, that you think the board are prepared to give Worthy this entire season?. If that''s the case mate, I''m going back to my fish tanks and fish. Because how I feel abou...[/quote]

Hi Wiz,

I thought your other hobby was writing wizardly books!  And what has happened to all your hex''s.  Can you do one for tomorrow and make us win?

Please