Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Top ten finish

A top ten finish with this squad should be a target to aim at.With no injurys and a few added in Jan top six could be possible.Top two would be a big ask but not impossible as shown with prem winners last year.Norwich have punched above their weight in recent seasons showing you can compete with limited funds and long may this continue.

I would have assumed you were talking about Ipswich Town there except for the reference to a top two finish.

Apart from that it''s absolute nonsence.

A top ten finish in my personal view is tantamount to abject failure.....It would be totally unacceptable and could see us languishing in the Championship for a number of seasons......A top two finish is the ultimate priority!.......(hopefully).....

But the OP suggested it was a target to aim at. I would have thought the club has significantly higher expectations than that.

A top 10 finish would as suggested be abject failure. I am in the (probably?) silent majority who think that we had a good transfer window and am generally more of a happy clapper than a nappy cr*pper, but if we only look like achieving a top 10 finish, I will certainly be unhappy. I think that out target should be automatic promotion.I''d give it to early December before I started to call for dismissal though - teams can start slow/ finish fast, as indeed we did last time (although it took a change of manager to achieve it).

Lets not mince words, the squad we have and the players we have got in are very capable indeed of finishing in the top two, but the actuality of doing that will be far from easy. So much has been spurted out on these forums about the unhappiness of Klose, the useless and want away Naisy, the underwhelming Brady and on and on....well none of that matters, what does is if Alex can refind the drive to fire his team up, he now knows this division is going to be tough, tougher than last time, but all thats needed is a couple of good  wins and wins convincingly, and even the players soon galvanise and feelgood factors kick in.Alex is the manager, what he does in his role in the coming weeks will stamp what will happen rest of the season. If he can rekindle his first 6 months influence, no doubt, we can get auto promotion, But failings means 8th to 12th.

Of course top two is the aim of all the top ten but only two can finish top two of the top ten.Norwich have a squad which should finish top ten or have op hopefully a lot higher.

Target has to be top 2 with top 6 as a minimum. Anything else would be a failure

Top two with our current squad is a big ask but not impossible.Top ten would be ok but not great Top six a good season with play offs to come.