Sign in to follow this  
pete

The wrong targets

I was going to post this before I found out we we''re skint, I did however think this was probably the case. How do you get into this position with money from 4 out of 5 PL seasons.

The fictitious pursuits of £10m+ strikers with little enthusiasm always looked suspect. We should have been looking at the young, hungry types not Mcormack or Rhodes, but to find lower or non league gems would take a recruitment team who know what they are doing. Sadly not in residence at Carrow Rd.

Now we are skint have to cut our cloth accordingly and look at realistic options. Just hope Neil managed to get Hamilton beef up Morris then maybe an option.

I guess Academy will be gone soon.

That is the spirit Pete, bring all the negativity to the surface, let it out......As I said on another thread you would be a great with Highland Canary as a Country and Western duo, I have a draft song for you, it is called "She Aint Leavin", I have only got a couple of lines but I am sure you will have no trouble completing the song:

My dog died today

My wife she ran away

My crops just won''t grow

And Delia just won''t go........

This forum has become pathetic with the fact anyone who shows any negativity towards the club us labelled as a troll or a binner. Can''t anyone show some annoyance at how the club have conducted themselves during this window and the past few? I have to agree with the fact that if we knew we couldn''t afford expensive players why go after them and also if we had a limited budget why spend more than half on a position we have a lot of depth instead of putting that money towards a striker. I know he is an attacking player, which moxey mentioned the fact in his interview, but look what attacking players with no striker did at Birmingham. The clubs not in crisis, no where near, just think they need to give a different approach if we are as poor as some make out and we definitely need an improvement of our scouting network.

Look at Brentford who have signed players like Gray, Odubajo, Tarkowski and sold them on for big profits. All those players now in the prem. The next ones will probably be Henry & Bentley. Good eye for talent.

This is wrong as you may know i have some inside knowledge

My man the same one who told me klose would stay redmond 1st out of door high up at club

told me yesterday

scouts and recruitment did their job had targets lined up

AN even had targets identified

McCcormack fee agreed

everything was in place bar the CASH

everybody did their job correctly but the club had no money or wouldn''t spend it ( raise it )

Likewise Ozzie, this forum has also become pathetic for anyone who makes the mistake of exhibiting an upbeat spirit towards the club they love - cuts both ways I''m afraid fella 👍

As for the trolls, I''ll let others decide but a win against Cardiff and i guarantee some posters will miraculously disappear, so make of that what you will...

I don''t think you''re a troll whatsoever as it happens Norfolkngood, and respect your opinions even if we differ on things 👍

Let''s be honest, despite signing Jerome and Laffs last time around we kept things tight and got lucky through the playoffs.

The club are trying to do the same thing this time around as well but I doubt it''ll work again