Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Moxey on Radio Norfolk

Did Jez mention our ED being on Strictly? Did he? Did He? Did he also promote ED''s new future best-sellin'' Autobiography as well? Did he? Did he? There could be a bit o'' commission for him if he did?.......Did Jez also mention that Nephew Tom is also a much valued and essential piece of vertebrae in the bustling Boardroom backbone - and brings a lot to the boardroom table, like Mochas, Earl Greys, Lattes, bourbons, hobnobs, wispa golds and a nice large glass o'' red for his Aunty ? Did he? Did he?........ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.......PRUDENCE WITH AMBITION........! HUZZAH! Rip Wiz ;-)

[quote user="Ron Manager"]So we had done our transfer business early and TDD was more about trying to shift players out. So the rumour we were after Rhodes was BS. Apparently Oliviera was an expensive signing! The club is not for sale and thus he sees little chance of investment because any investor would want a controlling interest in the club. Did that happen at Palace or Swansea? Without investment there seems little point in chasing the Prem because once we''re there we''re going to come straight back down again because we don''t have the means to compete.

I seriously think we are headed for a period of decline and will become a mid table championship team at best. Until the board changes I can''t see us competing with even the top teams in the Champs. I really hope I''m wrong but after the transfer window and hearing Moxey I can''t help feel totally underwhelmed.[/quote]

Really - you think our squad is not good enough for auto promotion ? Unlike others we have managed to keep our top players. Newcastle aside most of our players would be automatic choices in other Championship teams. Villa have spent tens of millions on players that are nowhere near as good as players we have retained.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]As horrible as it is this club will never progress until Delia and Michael die or become too senile to know what they''re doing[/quote]

Some would say we passed that point so time ago.

Timed the interview well.........A fortnight until the next game and the pitchforks will all be back in the sheds and the flaming torches will just be smouldering embers......That is, depending on the result against Cardiff......

Yes I do think our squad is not good enough for automatic promotion, if you do, fair enough, we''re all entitled to an opinion. Did you think the last four performances showed us to be a team that will be in the top two?

If properly coached, motivated, organised and tactically set up there is no reason why our first 11 isn''t capable of bouncing back at the first attempt. My issue is that I don''t think they are and any bid for JR would, nice as it would have been to have extra cover, just papered over cracks in the way the first team is being handled. So the doom and gloom is not in the transfer activity, which I agree has been poor, but on the managerial side. Luckily a change there, if and when needed, can be made at any time.

And no bids on TDD does not mean that we didn''t try to get JR on loan, probably just that we didn''t bid to buy him.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Morisons Prozac"]As horrible as it is this club will never progress until Delia and Michael die or become too senile to know what they''re doing[/quote]

Some would say we passed that point so time ago.
[/quote]Senility is a good thing. You''re always making new friends.

The best hope for investment is that when the Dear Leader inherits from the Supreme and Great Leaders he is not interested in the football club and cashes in to retire to sunny Stowmarket.

I actually thought he was having a veiled dig at Naismith when he said about expensive players coming in and flopping. Don''t know why but something just sounded off key about the way he said it, like it was targetted.
Thought Goreham did a good job, he toed the line enough not to pi$$ Moxey off, but I don''t think he softballed the questions like they normally do.

The way you can only compare is if you have seen the whole of (rather than just highlights) the last four performances of all the teams in the division, I agree we have not looked brilliant in those performances but we picked up five points, but without seeing how the other teams performed (not just based on their points haul) it is hard to say. After 10 to 12 games we will have a much better idea, not going to go overboard when we win, not going to get upset when we lose.......

Well yes most of it was stuff we already knew, but some of it was interesting for me. So,we had to shift 2 or 3 guys out before we could bring others in, ok that sounds reasonable, considering  we do have a big squad. But why was it the last day that guys like Lafferty and Naismith were discussing leaving the club? Last day dealings have always shown one thing consistently....that many deals fall thru. Ok, what about mutual consent agreements to end a contract? If the club  earnestly needed to free up a slot or two for new players, did they ever approach  players like Lafferty with the suggestion that ....ok sorry son, we believe your best option is to go elsewhere blah blah...maybe they tried...maybe someone like Laffs would happily sit on his paypacket, knowing hes earning good living until contract terminates...who knows, but i indeed saw a few "contract  terminated by mutual consent" situations this window.I can see maybe problems arising in January again if City cannot shift some of the deadwood, there will be no space to sign a new striker for instance. Happily end of this season there are a big number of player contracts  coming to an end. But please Alex, if you are still here, do not renew contracts to guys like Whitts, not even good enough in this division.

Having just listened to the interview on the radio, I thought Moxey spoke very well.

That doesn''t detract from the fact that we are left with a helluva lot of dead wood in the squad, have sent out useful talent on loan, and now have a set of forwards who collectively, will be unlikely to out score any other set of forwards in the Championship.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Excellent interview, sounded like we''ve got the right man in charge.

[/quote]

There is always one happy clapper that can see heaven from a crock of sh@t

The issue is a lot deeper than that. This summer we have struggled to compete financially with a lot of clubs in the championship. We aren''t suddenly going to be able to start competeing without investment.

The board welcome investment ideas, but Moxey himself said somebody will not invest without having control, so that''s out of the question.

He also said categorically that the club is not for sale.

If we don''t get promoted this year, it looks like we will have to consolidate champs football. The problem is we have been left short in key areas in the fight for promotion. A big signing in the boards eyes is simply not a big signing in modern football.

Utterly depressing interview. Growth and development is solely subject to the owners ambition and to be funded only by revenue generated by the business which sadly is never going to be enough to compete. I agree with the sound business strategy of not blowing the budget on under performing prima donas and i suspect that the RVW episode where an-out-of-character gamble badly back-fired, has forced said owners back into their shells financially. However expecting the supporters to blithely follow the ''enlightened ones'' business philosophy and accept that we can only ''do what we can do'' is asking a lot. It is intensely frustrating that they wont relinquish control and allow fresh money and enthusiasm in. It feels like anyone attending matches is paying for their private plaything. I dont have a great deal of faith in the set up a at CR and dont have confidence in their collective ability to be shrewd operators as Moxey stated. There is scant evidence of this over the past two seasons and I am sorry but i do point the finger at the football management team as well as the Boardroom. If I owned this club I would seek to appoint experienced football heads and finance heads as Directors and key decision makers, not a former politician and a young whipper snapper with very little experience. It does beggar belief. I appreciate that this all gets forgotten on match days when the excitement and expectations kick in as you approach the ground - you cant beat it - but a wider view needs to be adopted to stop this great club from losing too much ground to quickly. i still think we will be up there challenging as we have a good squad and some highly talented players but we need to see some more financial nous and calculated risk-taking than is being shown at the moment. its all too comfortable at the moment and businesses don''t grow

and prosper by being complacent. As I have stated before there are investors who will come in but no point in pursuing it.

Good summary Yellow, think you are spot on. Delia and Michael are 75, how much longer can they continue this? I just can''t see the nephew taking the reins and if he does, I''d imagine the pressure would be too great from the expectant fans

Agreed that gorham did a good job with the interview. Asked the right qs but in a way that ensured got an answer.

As for the answers....really depressing and sounds like we are indeed going backwards.

This interview and the fact that Klose appears, understandably, unhappy has left me feeling even worse than I did when the transfer window closed and the reality that promotion now appears very unlikely 😢

yellowfever, just take a look in the Champs right now at clubs with rich owners, who can invest easily in new players more than City can...Newcastle, Villa, Sheff. Wednesday,  Wolves, Derby..thats 5, theres likely 1 or 2 more ive forgotten. Point is, despite there riches, only 3 clubs can get promoted, meaning even with  untold riches some clubs are staying in this division, their fans will whine all the more pointing out even  with lots of money they are no higher up the rung.In previous seasons clubs  got new owners, many from abroad, like at Cardiff, Blackburn etc and its not improved anything at all, and the trend will continue more, simply more and more clubs bringing  in richer owners with more dosh to spend, but the divisions dont change. its still 3 up 3 down, 20 at the top table. My view is, like it or not, it will become harder to get into the Prem with or without bigger investment, so what do you prefer, the existing model, knowing our Board do a good job at keeping our club sufficient, plus knowing all we have, the ground etc etc, is owned by NCFC, and by local owners we can trust, even to have a good old whine at, or to unknown foreign  buyers, who could leave this club in an actual bigger  mess?

[quote user="yellowfever"]sorry to bang on it is just very frustrating when all can see what needs to happen but there is no way of influencing it.[/quote]

There is a way of influencing, but you''re probably not prepared to boycott games, are you?

That is a very one dimensional view. Inward investment doesn''t solely equate to foreign ownership and likewise careful stewardship of the finances doesn''t lead to a financial mess. it is possible to practice sound financial management but on a larger scale. The money circulating in the PL now raises the bar by just being there. It was totally foolhardy not to have invested in the team last year and this is when investment should have been introduced. McNally and Bowkett were a sound team but i think recognised that funding had to be introduced to maintain PL status. AB is respected in the City (London) and would have been seen as the safe pair of hands for investors - i dont think the same could be said now, hence the need for more experience at Board level. Therefore I dont agree with your view that inward investment leads to financial catastrophe - it doesnt have to with sound management.

If we needed to shift players to but others leads me to ask why the hell did AN buy Pritchard he would of known that !

he would have known the budget he would have known we had to sell why didnt he buy a striker when we needed more than a AM

All that interview told me AN has no clue what he is doing transfer wise

No - but each to their own. change needs to be effected in a positive manner but it is difficult to see how this can be achieved unless a knock out bid is placed for the shares which is not realistic. What is concerning is the legacy planning as I am sure that the shares will pass to a trust. Having said that this happened at Blackburn and the beneficiaries weren''t impressed with a loss making investment hence the sale. J Moxey did state that they were open to new ideas so maybe alternative funding strategies may be considered. i am not prepared to sit back and do bugger all so lets see how open they are!