Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Moxey on Radio Norfolk

[quote user="Indy"]Would anyone else like to pose the next question with answer?[/quote]"How Big''s your willy?"."Undisclosed".

[quote user="CJ"]I must say that over the years the arrogance of NCFC to its fans at times staggers me. This is a business that relies on public support and yet the access the media gets is frankly pathetic.

The media in Norfolk also seem reluctanct to ask the tough questions fans want answered. AN himself said after last years fiasco it was sorted wouldnt happen again. However here we are again. Both Villa and Newcastle our relegation partners have invested. Anyone could have told you the stakes and thus fees would get higher thanks to Skys Premier money.

It just feels like mushroom management where we the fans are kept in the dark and fed s**t.

Please AN if you are not happy then have the guts to say so , for once lets really hear what is going on![/quote]

It simply isn''t true to say that Newcastle have invested. They sold Townsend, Wijnaldum and Sissoko for a total of £75m and spent only£40m to end up with a better suited Championship squad. How is that "investing"?

Our net spend of £3m (if that''s actually true) is therefore more than them.

If we had got decent bids for Brady he would probably have gone, but we clearly didn''t.

It''s not the Boards fault that Norwich players are perceived as lower quality than others - we are clearly paying good wages, hence the likes of Bassong, Mulumbu and Naismith still being with us having failed to agree terms elsewhere.

The Ruddy bid was £1m for heavens sake - and big Sam has just called up Southampton''s reserve keeper for England, just because he plays for Southampton!

And finally - NCFC as a club may rely on public support but as a business it doesn''t, it relies on TV money like every other club without a mega rich benefactor. Fans are irrelevant now. If you read the accounts gate receipts brought in less than £11m out of the 2015 (the last Champs season) turnover of £52m. Last year to June 2016 that turnover will have been closer to £100m and gate receipts won''t have changed much.

No business will allow the media unfettered access so it can be criticised by the uninformed or the ignorant. Most of the overt criticism comes from people who never go to games anyway.

The time to ask questions and when we can demand answers is at the Shareholders meeting - but no one there ever has the guts to rock the boat

Wolves fans hated him and i suspect we wont be any different.

Let''s be honest, it''s a completely pointless exercise.
The only reason to bother speaking is to appease some of the fans who, unfortunately evidently on this thread, have made their decision about the board anyway.
Those who are in the same camp as me (disappointed we didn''t get a striker but not wanting heads to roll because of it) are going to think the same regardless - unless he comes out with something particularly stupid.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="CJ"]I must say that over the years the arrogance of NCFC to its fans at times staggers me. This is a business that relies on public support and yet the access the media gets is frankly pathetic.

The media in Norfolk also seem reluctanct to ask the tough questions fans want answered. AN himself said after last years fiasco it was sorted wouldnt happen again. However here we are again. Both Villa and Newcastle our relegation partners have invested. Anyone could have told you the stakes and thus fees would get higher thanks to Skys Premier money.

It just feels like mushroom management where we the fans are kept in the dark and fed s**t.

Please AN if you are not happy then have the guts to say so , for once lets really hear what is going on![/quote]

It simply isn''t true to say that Newcastle have invested. They sold Townsend, Wijnaldum and Sissoko for a total of £75m and spent only£40m to end up with a better suited Championship squad. How is that "investing"?

Our net spend of £3m (if that''s actually true) is therefore more than them.

If we had got decent bids for Brady he would probably have gone, but we clearly didn''t.

It''s not the Boards fault that Norwich players are perceived as lower quality than others - we are clearly paying good wages, hence the likes of Bassong, Mulumbu and Naismith still being with us having failed to agree terms elsewhere.

The Ruddy bid was £1m for heavens sake - and big Sam has just called up Southampton''s reserve keeper for England, just because he plays for Southampton!

And finally - NCFC as a club may rely on public support but as a business it doesn''t, it relies on TV money like every other club without a mega rich benefactor. Fans are irrelevant now. If you read the accounts gate receipts brought in less than £11m out of the 2015 (the last Champs season) turnover of £52m. Last year to June 2016 that turnover will have been closer to £100m and gate receipts won''t have changed much.

No business will allow the media unfettered access so it can be criticised by the uninformed or the ignorant. Most of the overt criticism comes from people who never go to games anyway.

The time to ask questions and when we can demand answers is at the Shareholders meeting - but no one there ever has the guts to rock the boat[/quote]

I think McCarthy was called up because of Dave Watson - if he was still goalkeeping coach at Norwich Ruddy would have walked into the England squad instead (irregardless of current form or being first choice at Carrow Road).

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Wolves fans hated him and i suspect we wont be any different.[/quote]

So that''s where you''ve been, questioning every Wolves fan, you must be exhausted!

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Wolves fans hated him and i suspect we wont be any different.[/quote]Not quite accurate, throughout the last few seasons both Moxey and Morgan the owner were the targets of the fans disapointments, Morgan for obvious reasons, he was the owner who ploughed in nothing. Moxey was a target simply because of his position, fans will naturally pick  him as a target if they needed to lambast. Moxey seemingly never came out very much and explained situations, he preferred to quietly be in the job and go about his business. Maybe that was his only real failing, not to communicate with fans as much as was really needed.In actual fact, when Moxey announced his intention to leave in light of the Chinese takeover,  Wolves fans were much more sensible in their opinions, most actually acknowledging that Moxey had done a dam reasonable job in the circumstances, and rightly having a go at Morgan the owner who had put in diddly squat over the past seasons. Doubt any Chief Exec will ever be fan worshipped at any football club, its not that type of job.Given that Jez Moxey has already talked about the Oliveira signing, and now hes doing a piece on local  radio, it at least shows hes prepared to talk or discuss about situations involving the club. The fans can dissect his words anyway they wish to, but credit to Mr. Moxey for at least being approachable.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="Essjayess"]Most of you guys seem to already expect to know what Jez is going to say before hes even questioned or can answer, so whats the point of him even doing this?[/quote]

Well Essjayess, that''s a fair point so here goes with the "what will be asked and answer quiz.....

1, What do you think of Norwich''s transfer dealings this summer?

Well like any club we have a very high ambition but we need to be cautious with finances, we will not put this club at risk.

We have in my view strengthened our squad whilst keeping senior key players who are dedicated to making sure we get back to where we belong!

Would anyone else like to pose the next question with answer?[/quote]

And that response from Moxey would be a totally reasonable reply. What would you want to hear Indy? ''We went crazy pushing the boat out and if promotion is not achieved this season then the club will likely be in administration'' - well, f*** that! I want a club here tomorrow, I''m sorry that doesn''t suit the agenda of the brats, but this football lark is a poker game where you only gamble with what you can without being reckless. It it not out of order to recommend to those who desperately want £50million players to go support Man City etc, if that''s what''s really important to you in a football club, and that is what you want, then currently NCFC is not the club for you, that is REALITY but I''m amazed how many can''t get that into their skulls. Sure, we can speculate a wee bit to accumulate, I think we need to do that, I don''t want penny pinching but likewise all these numpties thinking we can do what Newcastle etc could do this window gone are just plain delusional, there is no other way to describe it I''m afraid.

I''m not really sure that we need to hear about the transfer window, theres not really a lot that could be asked that couldn''t be answered on here. It will be a bit of spin on pre-selected questions with the BBC not wanting to damage their relationship with the club

The transfer window has been and gone. I''m more interested in the future - we couldn''t compete with some champs clubs, why? Is the board seeking investment? Is the board seeking to completely sell the club to an outside investor?

Those sorts of questions are arguably more important than the obvious one like why didnt we get McCormack etc

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Is the board seeking investment? Is the board seeking to completely sell the club to an outside investor?[/quote]And if the answer on "no", what then?

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC 37m37 minutes ago Carrow Road Football Stadium

Jez Moxey is speaking to the media this afternoon - look out for our full interview later today. #ncfc

From the clubs official twitter - sounds like it will be an extremely managed interview, with everything vetted by the club.

The fact that the club themselves are doing with an interview says a lot - hardly going to be critical of the club is it?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"] I''m more interested in the future - we couldn''t compete with some champs clubs, why? Is the board seeking investment? Is the board seeking to completely sell the club to an outside investor?

Those sorts of questions are arguably more important than the obvious one like why didnt we get McCormack etc[/quote]They have more money than us and are more willing to take big risks. Probably not. No. Answer 1 is why we didn''t get McC.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Is the board seeking investment? Is the board seeking to completely sell the club to an outside investor?[/quote]And if the answer on "no", what then?[/quote]

Then what is the clubs direction & where do the board see the club in 3-5 years?

Should be on Radio Norfolk about 4pm apparently, ncfc tweeted a picture of Chris Goreham with Jez at CR at 4pm but dont think I ll get the link to owrk on here

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrWewsbWIAAy8EJ.jpg[/img]

Oh well the picture worked when I previewed it grr and it should have read they tweeted it at 2pm, not 4pm lol

Alex, that''s the answer as I see it, I was totally against McCormack at 12 million, it''s not in our interest to take daft risks, as I also said Oliviera is a far better signing for our club.

Just think we could have done a little more business earlier then we did, I''m sure had we got a couple more weeks after Naismith''s performances he''d be out the door.

Just having a little dog at a pointless radio interview which will be manufactured by Moxey Balls.

But my biggest gripe is why is AN still our manager, he''s proved not to be this great young manager some think he is.

Why not change and how close is Moxey to implementing a change in manager?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy"]Would anyone else like to pose the next question with answer?[/quote]"How Big''s your willy?"."Undisclosed".

[/quote]

Not as big as Ed''s Balls....

It''s going to be interesting which we go over the next month or so, Indy, and I think Alex will get time with Moxey as they appear to have a good relationship from the little we''ve seen in the press. But I have a sneaking suspicion he wouldn''t give Alex quite as much time as McNally. Back up striker here or not, that is still easily a squad full of players that any half decent manager should get winning games consistently from, so for that reason I would make no excuses for my namesake despite being a fan of AN myself. I personally think AN will be just fine once transfer deadline day recedes and all our players are back from injury, and I will say I do like the way he has us playing generally - far better movement than when Hughton was here (but look how he''s doing now!).

Shefcanary, Watson is no longer involved with England''s coaching set up so I assume Big Sam was already well aware of McCarthy anyway, maybe he''d once looked to sign him-but, being his coach at Southampton, Watson would still have put ina  good word for him.England''s goalkeeping coach now is Martyn Margetson.England squad with goalkeepers at Torino, Burnley and Southampton!

[quote user="Diane"]Oh well the picture worked when I previewed it grr and it should have read they tweeted it at 2pm, not 4pm lol[/quote]
Here you go Diane, fingers crossed this should work...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/F47p2JUl.jpg[/img]

It''s all very well the CEO going on the radio to take the plaudits after a transfer window, such as the one we''ve just had, that overall has been very successful.The test will be if he agrees to a grilling if we ever have a transfer window that goes badly.

Quite frankly,I don''t really care what Moxey has to say.......I will make my personal judgement on the professionalism, focus, direction, including the running and supposed ambition of the club over the next 6 games.......The truth will then be evident. There will be no hiding place for those that have a responsibility to make this club succeed. That includes the Board, Management and the Playing squad. I think the supporting majority will make their feelings apparent if we are a success or failure.......''In hindsight''.......is not an acceptable excuse.....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]It''s all very well the CEO going on the radio to take the plaudits after a transfer window, such as the one we''ve just had, that overall has been very successful.The test will be if he agrees to a grilling if we ever have a transfer window that goes badly.[/quote]
This ain''t gonna go down well on here Purple, but generally speaking I agree with you. Although "very" might be pushing it slightly.