Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Chamakh to play today......

Telegraph journo has tweeted it Ron.
I know people think we have it bad here because we have players wanting to leave, and no depth up front, but imagine how the baggies fans feel....
They''re established in the Prem, and they have a strike force of Salomon Rondon (9 goals last season), Berahino who has been trying to leave for 2 years now, HalRobson Kanu who couldn''t even get a new contract at Reading, and potentially Chamakh who has never cut it in the top flight in terms of goal contribution.
I like Chamakh as a Championship squad player. Not in the Prem.
That''ll probably be the end of our interest in him anyway though - knows Pulis from Palace and played good football under him - if he is fit enough to play I would think Pulis will take him.

To think we are hardly excited about Chamakh imagine what a prem side must thinknof it.

To be fair Robson Kanu could''ve got a new contract at Reading but chose not to stay and hope he had a good euros. Which he kid of did. Well that goal anyway. And somehow he''s got a move to a prem side. You speak to Reading fans and they will tell you he''s not really that good.

But your right WBA didn''t have the greatest of windows. Especially when you look at similar clubs like Stoke getting Bony & Martins Indi. Can''t see Pulis being there for the long term. Think he will do well to survive the season.p

[quote user="Move Klose"]In a friendly for WBA, another 1 we miss out on then 😄😄😄[/quote]It''s worth recalling what our CE had to say yesterday.........“He’s not been training with the club, he’s been in and we’ve talked to

him,” Moxey said. “We’re going to talk to him again next week, we’re

going to see what sort of physical condition he’s in, he’s not played

much recently. We’re looking at his injury status very carefully, we’ll

see but it’s not something that we’re jumping up and down about, it’s

just another situation that’s worthy of investigation.”.
This clearly suggests we will be watching him today and it''s even possible WBA are including him as a favour to us rather than for their own benefit.Let''s wait and see.

To me this just again highlights how unprofessional we have become (coincidentally since bowkett and McNally left?!?)

We leave ourselves desperately short of strikers so in a state of panic/desperation we look at a freebie who is probably past his best. However we can''t even conclude that and instead just have a discussion before letting another club waltz in and give him a try.

Surely if we were even interested we should have negotiated a week long trial.

Despite his age and lack of playing I actually think he''d be alright as third choice back up, but we may never know now.

Agreed Making Plans, I would pretty much take this as we''re no longer in for him

West Bromwich Albion ‏@WBA 12m12 minutes ago

26'' SUB: Chamakh hobbles off the pitch after a nasty challenge and is replaced by James Smith (0-0) #WBADelhi

Predictable but still amusing that many of those who thought that we should never sign him as a player because he was not up top being our third-choice striker are now criticising us for not signing him when a premiership club takes interest! [:D]

Well if hes hobbled off the pitch after a nasty challenge then it doesnt sound good for either WBA or us, thats always been his problem, hes just prone to injuries. In case he was merely having a run out for them, still see no reason why hes not coming back here next week  for City to actually assess his  condition etc. Those who thought he could not do a job for City were way off the mark. Anyway, unless Pulis signs him up over the weekend, no reason why we cant be our player, but as Moxey said, just a case of assessing him first.

Even with the chronic state of our striker department i will not be losing any sleep over this. Unfit and injury prone and that is even before he got to Colney and the usual statements along the lines of questioning his fitness levels and lack of matches are wheeled out. Desperate effort from those at Colney if this is the best they can now come up with.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]its the best we can afford

we found plenty of players and scouted many[/quote]

👍

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Even with the chronic state of our striker department i will not be losing any sleep over this. Unfit and injury prone and that is even before he got to Colney and the usual statements along the lines of questioning his fitness levels and lack of matches are wheeled out. Desperate effort from those at Colney if this is the best they can now come up with.[/quote]

Did they say that he was the best that they could come up with or is this a desperate effort from someone who doesn''t like someone who is on the recruitment team?

If he had to come off due to injury today good job we didnt sign him

the recruitment and scouts did find a lot better strikers

and the manager was ready to sign them but we did not have the money

Believe me i do not rate AN but even i felt sorry for him this window after my info yesterday

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Even with the chronic state of our striker department i will not be losing any sleep over this. Unfit and injury prone and that is even before he got to Colney and the usual statements along the lines of questioning his fitness levels and lack of matches are wheeled out. Desperate effort from those at Colney if this is the best they can now come up with.[/quote]

Did they say that he was the best that they could come up with or is this a desperate effort from someone who doesn''t like someone who is on the recruitment team?[/quote]Well if you don''t think this guy Chamakh smacks of desperation heaven help us. I take it you see it as a forward step after the striker search fiasco ?The Man From Mulbarton ( that is his nickname within the club by the way ) never entered my head believe me. The next thing you will be saying is the Football Board have covered themselves in glory these last two summer windows.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Even with the chronic state of our striker department i will not be losing any sleep over this. Unfit and injury prone and that is even before he got to Colney and the usual statements along the lines of questioning his fitness levels and lack of matches are wheeled out. Desperate effort from those at Colney if this is the best they can now come up with.[/quote]

Did they say that he was the best that they could come up with or is this a desperate effort from someone who doesn''t like someone who is on the recruitment team?[/quote]Well if you don''t think this guy Chamakh smacks of desperation heaven help us. I take it you see it as a forward step after the striker search fiasco ?The Man From Mulbarton ( that is his nickname within the club by the way ) never entered my head believe me. The next thing you will be saying is the Football Board have covered themselves in glory these last two summer windows.[/quote]What you''re doing with the last line in your first post is justifying using the term ''desperate'' by claiming that this is the best they can come up with, no-one has said that they spoke to him because he is the best they could do so you why are you inferring that they are acting in desperation?I didn''t say that it was step forward, I''m not assuming that just because they talk to a player it means they are going to sign him.

We should never have been in a position to even consider talking to an injury prone unfit footballer in the first place squit. That to me shows a degree of desperation due to failing to land more targets in the striker roll during the window. My opinion but hey ho if you want to be pedantic and play with words carry on mate.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]We should never have been in a position to even consider talking to an injury prone unfit footballer in the first place squit. That to me shows a degree of desperation due to failing to land more targets in the striker roll during the window. My opinion but hey ho if you want to be pedantic and play with words carry on mate.[/quote]

I can only judge what you''ve said by the words you''ve used, it''s not playing.It''s nice to see that you''ve agreed with my point and watered down your original opinion.

Watered down ? It is a desperate move in desperate times as far as strikers go to even talk to him.Players like that should not be on our radar end of.